View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Raid loot options 

Just a thought, I know the idea may get bonked... but here it goes.

1. Ability to sign up for a raid queue with a group in town for any specific boss or group that is looking for other players.
2. Ability to assign a master looter whom a raid group (in queue) can trust (has to be majority vote before entering dungeon, or when queuing for a raid).
3. Once inside dungeon, regular drops can be taken by any group member up to boss.
4. Boss drops will automatically go to the master looter, and the group will have a chance to determine which items go to who needs it the most etc.

Again, this was like a really brief idea as I was thinking about PVE and links trying to gear up new players so that they can contribute more when raiding, if the chance something drops they REALLY need and don't get it because it went to the wrong class etc.

This would give players the opportunity, once accepted into a raid group queue, to get a piece of gear they ordinarily wouldn't. The only downside I can see to this is:
a. Players may pretend they have no gear or are a fresh 68-70, however, its pretty hard to get away with faking that with this playerbase.
b. ninja looting

Since there are probably more downsides, i feel as thought this may be more beneficial all around for PVE because of the following:
a. new players will have the opportunity to sign up for raid groups even if they are not in a link
b. anyone will have the opportunity to have the chance at a piece of gear if they NEED it instead of a fully geared player getting something for the 10th time.
c. this will allow for a queue scenario of sort, this gives groups a chance to form a raid group in a queue instead of hogging the WC

what does anyone else think? Can't remember if ej bonked any sort of queue idea but he could make it a lot different and adjust based upon what he offers in the game already, fine tuned for the already existing Xenimus.

******** This was a quick idea on my part as the other day I received a super vexar bow on my paladin from Ty Grim and there was a ridiculously crappy geared ranger in the group wearing the worst propped bols I've ever seen.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:34 pm

Bad idea.

Master looter has potential to scam and keep it all or give to ONLY the 1 person he wants.

If there was a loot raid system it should just be an automatic simple -rand 100 and highest number gets it.

But yeah there is a big issue with the same max geared players getting the SAME item 10x yet other players in the raid not even getting it once.

There should be a system in place to prevent this.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:20 pm

I agree with Loki, master looter is a bad idea. Should be left to the computer to decide.

Having the option to roll on a piece of gear would be nice. That way gear isn't wasted going to a class that can't use it.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:32 pm

Demolition_Crew wrote:
Just a thought, I know the idea may get bonked... but here it goes.

1. Ability to sign up for a raid queue with a group in town for any specific boss or group that is looking for other players.
2. Ability to assign a master looter whom a raid group (in queue) can trust (has to be majority vote before entering dungeon, or when queuing for a raid).
3. Once inside dungeon, regular drops can be taken by any group member up to boss.
4. Boss drops will automatically go to the master looter, and the group will have a chance to determine which items go to who needs it the most etc.

Again, this was like a really brief idea as I was thinking about PVE and links trying to gear up new players so that they can contribute more when raiding, if the chance something drops they REALLY need and don't get it because it went to the wrong class etc.

This would give players the opportunity, once accepted into a raid group queue, to get a piece of gear they ordinarily wouldn't. The only downside I can see to this is:
a. Players may pretend they have no gear or are a fresh 68-70, however, its pretty hard to get away with faking that with this playerbase.
b. ninja looting

Since there are probably more downsides, i feel as thought this may be more beneficial all around for PVE because of the following:
a. new players will have the opportunity to sign up for raid groups even if they are not in a link
b. anyone will have the opportunity to have the chance at a piece of gear if they NEED it instead of a fully geared player getting something for the 10th time.
c. this will allow for a queue scenario of sort, this gives groups a chance to form a raid group in a queue instead of hogging the WC

what does anyone else think? Can't remember if ej bonked any sort of queue idea but he could make it a lot different and adjust based upon what he offers in the game already, fine tuned for the already existing Xenimus.

******** This was a quick idea on my part as the other day I received a super vexar bow on my paladin from Ty Grim and there was a ridiculously crappy geared ranger in the group wearing the worst propped bols I've ever seen.

very good idea indeed

Master loot will prevent people from Slacking and leeching raids

not to mention you can do raids with the people you want to raid with

and not have to deal with some numbnut that sits infront of the entrence 23hours aday

Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:19 pm

Would be cool if the community of Xen could get to a trustworthy point like that. I think a system like -raid could be great. Could "trigger" the boss to spawn.

Something like: 13 members are required to spawn Vross. So 13 people will meet some place and someone types -raidlead and people joining type -raidjoin and when 13 people enter the raid, it can trigger the spawn. However if 13 people ARE NOT on the raid the boss will either de-spawn or just get REALLY OP.

We need to start focusing on making these bosses RAIDS and not DUNGEONS. Killing Vross with 2 people is kinda stupid. These bosses also need some new mechanics.

With a system that makes it more difficult, rewards should come more often. THE MORE PLAYERS AT THE RAID, THE MORE LOOT SHOULD DROP. THIS INCLUDES EXP. A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF EXP. I've said this for YEARS now. This will reward people more often, and also promote SOME team work. Even if it means just for raids and then people can return to being douchebags to eachother.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:39 pm

LiftingNerd wrote:
and not have to deal with some numbnut that sits infront of the entrence 23hours aday

I have videos of you leeching captains raids. you would bring 4 afk chars tagging along with your main and thats the reason ej made it 1 char per ip cuz nolifers like you exploited that 24/7 to get max geared on 10 alts.

Agree with xen101 being able to 2-3 man raid bosses is not a raid. They should take no damage until there is 10 or more players killing it.

Last edited by Loki on Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:53 pm

You know exactly what he means by Entrance. Lets not stir up the pot and cause some stupid argument. That will not be tolerated. Either post to benefit the post, or do not post at all.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:55 pm

it would cut out a lot of the drama and folks savataging raids etc....

also agree that a master looter could b rethought some mayb….

would keep players from getting things they cannot use like melee only items hitting mages and vis versa

perhaps the create raid group before raid begins idea could be tweeked to mage/melee categorys that way mage only
and melee only items get split up correctly and re rolled for that class specific better
and elite all class items like say a vov could be rolled among them all and eliminate potential of a gready loot master

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:34 pm

Something definitely should be done with bosses. They're expensive to do and they barely ever drop anything useful. If they do drop something useful it has a good chance of not going to the person who needs it. I think letting people who where at the raid trade the gear around is a good start. Also instancing bosses wouldn't be bad so everyone can have a chance at a certain boss in a given time period. A day might be too short and a week is definitely too long. Or instead of instanced just have it not give anything to the person who already got the boss kill and dont let them be eligible to accept raid gear from trading.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:19 pm

[quote="lethal"]Something definitely should be done with bosses. They're expensive to do and they barely ever drop anything useful. If they do drop something useful it has a good chance of not going to the person who needs it. I think letting people who where at the raid trade the gear around is a good start. Also instancing bosses wouldn't be bad so everyone can have a chance at a certain boss in a given time period. A day might be too short and a week is definitely too long. Or instead of instanced just have it not give anything to the person who already got the boss kill and dont let them be eligible to accept raid gear from trading.[/quote]

+1

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next