View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Xenimus Battle Royale 

Hey EJ. Got this idea from someone who wants to play xenimus without ever grinding or leveling so maybe we can add Xenimus Battle Royale ? It is a popular thing nowadays.

How?

Change/rebrand ARENA. Similar mechanics are already in place.

You would have to be able to ALL start with same started gear/pots and you can collect gear in the Arena "royale" as well.

You have DS arena (south of aridus ds)
You have Consignment area Arenas (3 of them)

Combine them all into a wayyy larger arena, add a few structures, etc.

And hey if its not popular, it would not change much as arena is not popular and neither is pvp server.

thoughts?

Or turn pvp server into a battle royal server somehow.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:00 pm
Loki wrote:
Hey EJ. Got this idea from someone who wants to play xenimus without ever grinding or leveling s.

although the whole post was actually an attempt at trolling me saying i dont level (despite the fact i leveled my own character all the way from 1 to 70 when it was much slower mainly on full pvp X3 and during brief pvp update prior to restructure and that character is now stuck on a safe anti-pk server against my will. ..)

none the less this sounds quite a fun idea. Everybody start with 100 meds and x amount of other pots, same gear and battle royal. Winner should end up with some real in game prize.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:58 pm

yeah no "real" in game prized. what ever that means.

You play it for the pvp like any battle royale game. =)

No irrelevant players crying about lack of pvp. (its all pvp since its battle royale)
No " " " " leveling since you all start the same and there are no levels.

something new to try out and replace pvp server since no one plays that anymore.

Ej did say he was considering new ideas in this post. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8514 "New idea I have seriously considered."

Quote:
Here's an idea that I have been very seriously considering. Remove leveling from the game completely. Delete all NDNT gear and make items drop at their super rare rates that they used to. Remove all item level requirements but create more item requirements based on stats. Then wipe all players from the game so everyone starts over.

In order to make Xenimus not have levels I would drop a new breed of items for powering up your character. So for example you could find crystals or elixirs or some other form of item that would power up your character. Some would give hit points, some would give magic power, and some would give skill points. At lower levels they would be fairly easy to find then you would start getting them from harder monsters and bosses. Finding these items would become more and more rare as you became more and more powerful. Similar to a leveling system but would drastically increase the chances of getting something useful from a boss. Strong bosses might drop hit point elixirs and magic power crystals. Maybe some bosses would be more likely to drop elixirs and others more likely to drop crystals and still others more likely to drop skill point items of some sort. Of course items would have an effect on your character's power as well just as they do now.

This would create more of a purely rewards-based system. Instead of having the words "Found items" appear above your head, There could be some hunting areas that would say "found crystal" or "found elixir".

Of course there would be many levels of these items as well. And the items would affect your character based on class, in other words hit point elixirs would have a larger affect on a warrior than a wizard, and the reverse would be true for magic power crystals. Then I could institute a sort of non-level cap because it would always be possible to find an elixir or crystal they would just become more and more rare as you grow in power.

After you found and used 10 magic crystals they would no longer function for you and you would be required to find mystic crystals, and then after a while you would be required to find spirit crystals, and so on and so forth until you are required to find Vexar crystals.

Anyway, I think you get the idea here.

Trying to bring back the old days of Xenimus is just never going to work. Some players may want that but I think the majority of people want something new and fun. The fun in role playing games is the increase of power, abilities, and items.

EDIT
I have also seriously considered writing a Xenimus VR version.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:41 pm

I had a similar idea to this for 2.0. It was going to be some sort of Realm vs Realm PvP. In this sort of enviroment "Realms" would be fighting for relics that would make their faction stronger. The more you hold of them (up to 3) the more bonuses you get.

I was already in the progress of making it for 2.0, but EJ wanted other content created, so I just made leveling areas.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:33 pm

I think this would be great, what happens if this is the new thing? Xen BR and now we'll have ppl coming to X1/PvP/2.0

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:39 am

Bam Margera wrote:
I think this would be great, what happens if this is the new thing? Xen BR and now we'll have ppl coming to X1/PvP/2.0

Well X1 and PvP will be merged and DS will be made into more PVP friendly environment.
And Xen BR would be part of X1 Prime (replacing Arena)

So it would be x1 Prime and 2.0, So a focus on 2 versions of the game and not 3-4.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:14 pm
Pvp should thrive on the alternate full pvp weeks

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Black Desert Online - a 3 year old mmo with 10 million registered users just added a battle royale type update to their game (press esc menu and click that event for it) rofl..

Xenimus Battle Royale would attract new players to the game on Steam as thats why all these little fan boys want to play nowadays.

Quote:
Greetings,

to all the adventurers exploring the world of Black Desert Online.

Today we’d like to introduce a new content called Shadow Arena: Battle Royale.

Spoiler: This is a survival game
The basic rule of Shadow Arena: Battle Royale is to survive.

You must fight other adventurers and survive as the last one standing to win.

This means that everyone you meet is an enemy.

The rules are simple.
Possess a character,

Collect skill books and items to become stronger,

and survive until the very end.​

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]