View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Anyway to make boss drop quest rewards(no not raids) 

As in for the way sath,rog and thoran, imp bosses etc have quest rewards. Can the myst mummy,imexic,derath, sogam, baraw etc etc have their rewards turned into quest rewards. Be able to turn it in repetitively, just xx chance for the item. Exp reward for first turn in.

Last edited by Bam Margera on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:02 am

what would the point of being able to do the quest again if u get no rewards?

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:12 am

He’s saying you start a quest ( Sogam) go kill him and return the head to quest giver who has a chance of giving you one of the items he would normally drop but no exp reward. I don’t see how it’s any different from the boss being killed and him randomly giving you the stuff anyways but yeah that’s the gist of it right?

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:29 pm

Rogart wrote:
He’s saying you start a quest ( Sogam) go kill him and return the head to quest giver who has a chance of giving you one of the items he would normally drop but no exp reward. I don’t see how it’s any different from the boss being killed and him randomly giving you the stuff anyways but yeah that’s the gist of it right?

Yeah, Im about to edit the original post.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:02 am

hihello wrote:
what would the point of being able to do the quest again if u get no rewards?

so nolifers dont kill those newbie mini bosses 24/7 for redos. And lower levels / people who ACTUALLY need their items can get a chance.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:35 pm

Hmm interesting, however how is a lower level supposed to solo those bosses?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:05 pm

the last time I checked u get exp for the urns u turn in from killing them. so he wants that to be turned into a quest? and you already get a chance at the item lol. so what does he want changed exactly?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Rogart wrote:
Hmm interesting, however how is a lower level supposed to solo those bosses?

easy. If you played full pvp server, it takes 2-3 low lvl NEWBS to kill those raid bosses. They are like mini raid bosses for level 45-50(imex) - 65+ based on their gear item levels, not for lvl 70 to solo all 5 of them in 2 minutes for redos.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:22 pm

I do agree a small team for these bosses is effective and is the answer to the mini boss raids but wouldn’t all the newbs need to be on the same quest and if that’s the case who gets the kill? For example, mummy spawns and a few players get the same quest and go after him. When he dies do they all get the kill to turn in the quest or does the one with the final blow get it like other quest bosses? If it’s random what’s to stop people from just showing up doing a tiny bit of damage and hanging out? If it’s an issue of higher lvls farming these bosses then I’d suggest just making the areas like mystic mummy where if you are to high of a level you aren’t aloud to enter the boss room. Adding another mechanic just seems to be redundant when it’s all said and done.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:40 pm

Rogart wrote:
I do agree a small team for these bosses is effective and is the answer to the mini boss raids but wouldn’t all the newbs need to be on the same quest and if that’s the case who gets the kill? For example, mummy spawns and a few players get the same quest and go after him. When he dies do they all get the kill to turn in the quest or does the one with the final blow get it like other quest bosses? If it’s random what’s to stop people from just showing up doing a tiny bit of damage and hanging out? If it’s an issue of higher lvls farming these bosses then I’d suggest just making the areas like mystic mummy where if you are to high of a level you aren’t aloud to enter the boss room. Adding another mechanic just seems to be redundant when it’s all said and done.

That would take upping the drop chances Im guessing, I was suggesting I quest turn in of receiving baraws helm(chance at super) same for derath, imexic etc

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next