View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Strength stat and Melee damage 

I recently repeced my Warrior to all str and 29 agility build from 45 Str 61 agility and noticed that no bonus hp was gained nor any increase in melee damage. According to the in game help both should have been increased. Am I missing something? It actually seems as if I'm doing less damage per hit. Seems backwards to me. On a positive note spin got stronger. What's the xen community consensus?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Str is fine. People were making 100-120 str melees and 2 spinning the game so it has a SLIGHT diminishing return after 70 str.

I have 70 str on my paladin and 50p of gear and have no issue pvping or killing mobs. Players in full vexar tank a lot but they are in full vexar. The issue is the gear not the STR or characters

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:03 pm

XFactor wrote:
I recently repeced my Warrior to all str and 29 agility build from 45 Str 61 agility and noticed that no bonus hp was gained nor any increase in melee damage. According to the in game help both should have been increased. Am I missing something? It actually seems as if I'm doing less damage per hit. Seems backwards to me. On a positive note spin got stronger. What's the xen community consensus?

yeah sucks str for some reason doesn't really help melee damage other than spin, you have to pretty much ignore what loki says he makes up a lot of stuff to fit agendas he likes to push.

but yeah str should definetly get looked at to make it more useful

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:34 pm

Yea you only get legit 1 damage point per strength with the couple extra per strength bonus.. Strength is not even worth adding to, cuz 61 strength is basically 70ish damage per hit,(I'm probably off here bcuz I didn't check what strength gives as it goes alot higher) but where you can just stack agility and hit 5x faster is always the better option. All melee damage comes from weapon. This is why melee do no damage until level 65 gear.

And yes Ej confirmed the +1 damage when you add strength is total damage output.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:14 pm

I recall seeing base damage increases in the 1-4 range when apply str points in the 40-50 stat point range. I can say for certain from 60-75 at most you see +1 base damage or nothing at all. Sounds like 61 is the stopping point. So much for build diversity.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:46 pm

XFactor wrote:
I recall seeing base damage increases in the 1-4 range when apply str points in the 40-50 stat point range. I can say for certain from 60-75 at most you see +1 base damage or nothing at all. Sounds like 61 is the stopping point. So much for build diversity.

yep why everyone plays a mage mainly because you get just go ALL dps on them and gain a buttload of DAMAGE + Protection(because it's based on magic damage).

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:25 pm

Yea my wizzy tanks sh*t so much easier in every area of game and does 5x the damage, win win.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:46 pm

was just thinking about this, i got jeloc on my warrior so respecced, went from 47 strength to 61 after the respec and it seemed to make no difference at all to his damage. Already at level 50-55 seeing melees going all agil spec's because strength is useless. Squish weapon damage and buff str stat imo.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:31 pm

XFactor wrote:

its been like that ever since reconstruction str does nothing for regular melee hits really

only combat moves and spin gain any dmg bonus from it

Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:51 am

[quote="LiftingNerd"]its been like that ever since reconstruction str does nothing for regular melee hits really
only combat moves and spin gain any dmg bonus from it[/quote]

False, this was nerfed several weeks after reconstruction because I killed every lv 70 in the game 1-2 hits, an made everyone quit playing, some never to return (bloodysebaz, hard body etc.) And I'm pretty sure it was nerfed even more after that too, as he had to keep making adjustment because of people emailing Ej that I was still way too OP.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next