View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:49 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Please stop tricking E.J. 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:42 am
Posts: 252
So sad to see people tricking EJ into thinking that MASS pking is the reason for people not to play.
Same with the original server, people hoarding gear is the reason people wont play.

And what i'm about to say is not opinions it's facts.

The reason you're lacking players is because of the lack of Gameplay and inbalance in game.
And you're trying ur best to fix it we know but ur working on much at the same time and NOT with what the problem is.

If you want new players, and remaining players. Please E.J look into ur gameplay.

Pvp is not broken, CHARACTERS are not broken. GEAR is broken, SPELLS are broken. these 2 alone create inbalance.
And PvE for a newer player, is STILL broken.

Theere is still no Redline that helps you level, nothing that tells you where and what to do. The sad thing is you actually have people trying and are willing to help you for free to "Fix" This and you push them out is crazy, take notes, get help. With them you can create and excellent game.

And when gear and content is done, THEN focus on Graphics and after that focus on Pvp or PVE.


Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:58 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:40 pm
Posts: 3881
Location: U.S.A.
I'd say SQUISH all gear down from item PvP 80-120 by 30%.

_________________
Xen101 wrote:
We really need to stop bringing up the fact that Xen Prime is a anti-pk server. It REALLY isn't.
https://tinyurl.com/y92tmz83


Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:36 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:54 pm
Posts: 262
i dont think he needs to squish, i think he just needs to make it more accessible to all, which personally i think hes already doing. King quest, all these new (found items!) areas, im sure there will be more too. I think wait untill pvp server has been at lv 70 for a couple of months and see where the games at.
My own personal thought as to why player base is small is because of people buying gear with real money and dominating the game, i personally find it super frustrating so can only assume im not the only one. Spawn is also a factor, most places cant accommodate more than one person hunting there, and everyone wants the best hunting areas so often find that when they log on to hunt, they cant, so log off. But as i say ej is adding lots of content lately so we will see.


Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:00 am
Posts: 1166
id say its the curve of getting gear

getting gear to a certain point is okay

after that it being nigh impossible to get upgrades

and your left to rely on pure Luck


on the left we have Typical Xenimus gear distribution on the right we have how it could be done better
Image


Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:16 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:50 am
Posts: 568
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
How can you say it's the curve of getting gear, most new players probably never make it near level 65 or 70. I would say long term players that's the case, however starting the game there has to be better instructions on what to do, where to go etc. That maybe a portal the quest giver gives to the place the quest needs to be done, or a mark on the map etc. However it has to be clear similar to bug/elemental task on where to go.

    Need Explanation of the following:
  1. More Quest info, better rewards - potentially items explained
  2. Explain how asb works
  3. Explain how steals work and how to get them
  4. Explain proping
  5. Star, how it works
  6. Houses and how they work for ownership
  7. Cons Merch
  8. Evil vs good side
  9. Spirit Skills
  10. Spirit Chests, Mystic Chests, and Chest pulls (what chest to pull at what level, make it an event when they level so they are aware)
  11. Where bosses are to kill for jeloc and how the shrine works/bomb floors (in general, dont have to give away secrets)
  12. Easier way to respec while low level to be able to adjust and learn while leveling

The world is too large to assume people will figure this out. Also items in the game have to be explained White pot, Rage pot, etc. Maybe a quest that gives you white pot buff and rewards white pots to use to farm a little.

So much more could be added, but new players dont understand all the little details we have.

_________________
Oh, I miss Xencon
Image


Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:46 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:18 am
Posts: 131
There was a MASS PK on PVP sever, i stop for a few weeks bc of it, I think a lot did

I don't think its due to gear flow also bc there is so much now, like there was only 1 xencon item and it was ndnt now ppl have sets ect… trading was big in the day before ej added DD and DD did kill of trade and gear valu. back in the day vis omni velo ring valu was over 15k VT and no one whould sell it due to how rare it was, now drop free in DD. DD items (ndnt) should have less inbuilt or max prop 5 to get trade back and give us stuff to do

we need things to do only thing we got is a so few quest to help us to lvl to 30 then spawn kill until 70 that’s a month work or less, when we hit 70 we got king quest and DD like xenimus is finish in a month... pvp happens that’s it?
Jeloc quest = few boss kills
Pulls lvl 5 10 15 = junk items (wast of time)
Pulls lvl 20 25 30 = junk items (wast of time)
Pulls lvl 40 50 60 = junk items (wast of time)
Pulls 55 65 = junk items (wast of time)
70 pull is good if u can get it but rare so why wast time on it,

DD = good if you got friends

So only good thing to do at 70 is DD.

not trying to bash
What other stuff in game that’s not a wast of time? Jeloc? King quest? Pvp?


Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:08 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:18 am
Posts: 131
thefiregod wrote:
> How can you say it's the curve of getting gear, most new players probably never make
> it near level 65 or 70. I would say long term players that's the case, however
> starting the game there has to be better instructions on what to do, where to go
> etc. That maybe a portal the quest giver gives to the place the quest needs to
> be done, or a mark on the map etc. However it has to be clear similar to bug/elemental
> task on where to go.
>
> [list=1]
> Need Explanation of the following:
> [*]More Quest info, better rewards - potentially items explained
> [*]Explain how asb works
> [*]Explain how steals work and how to get them
> [*]Explain proping
> [*]Star, how it works
> [*]Houses and how they work for ownership
> [*]Cons Merch
> [*]Evil vs good side
> [*]Spirit Skills
> [*]Spirit Chests, Mystic Chests, and Chest pulls (what chest to pull at what level,
> make it an event when they level so they are aware)
> [*]Where bosses are to kill for jeloc and how the shrine works/bomb floors (in general,
> dont have to give away secrets)
> [*]Easier way to respec while low level to be able to adjust and learn while leveling[/list]
>
> The world is too large to assume people will figure this out. Also items in the
> game have to be explained White pot, Rage pot, etc. Maybe a quest that gives you
> white pot buff and rewards white pots to use to farm a little.
>
> So much more could be added, but new players dont understand all the little details
> we have.




There is a Explanation on how pots/scrolls work


Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:12 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:00 am
Posts: 1166
thefiregod wrote:
How can you say it's the curve of getting gear, most new players probably never make it near level 65 or 70. I would say long term players that's the case, however starting the game there has to be better instructions on what to do, where to go etc. That maybe a portal the quest giver gives to the place the quest needs to be done, or a mark on the map etc. However it has to be clear similar to bug/elemental task on where to go.

    Need Explanation of the following:
  1. More Quest info, better rewards - potentially items explained
  2. Explain how asb works
  3. Explain how steals work and how to get them
  4. Explain proping
  5. Star, how it works
  6. Houses and how they work for ownership
  7. Cons Merch
  8. Evil vs good side
  9. Spirit Skills
  10. Spirit Chests, Mystic Chests, and Chest pulls (what chest to pull at what level, make it an event when they level so they are aware)
  11. Where bosses are to kill for jeloc and how the shrine works/bomb floors (in general, dont have to give away secrets)
  12. Easier way to respec while low level to be able to adjust and learn while leveling

The world is too large to assume people will figure this out. Also items in the game have to be explained White pot, Rage pot, etc. Maybe a quest that gives you white pot buff and rewards white pots to use to farm a little.

So much more could be added, but new players dont understand all the little details we have.



im saying thats about the curve For level 70s trying to get more gear


Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:20 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:29 pm
Posts: 3093
Ej SHOULD NOT be working to build for the current players. He should be building for steam and future. All of the beginning areas need re-works and tutorials and sh*t. That's all going to take a really long time... but its worth it at the end.

_________________
Let's work together and make Xen great!!! Lets stop fighting!!!


Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:42 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:42 am
Posts: 252
[quote="Xen101"]Ej SHOULD NOT be working to build for the current players. He should be building for steam and future. All of the beginning areas need re-works and tutorials and sh*t. That's all going to take a really long time... but its worth it at the end.[/quote]


EXACTLY.

He focuses to much on what WE want rather what would attract newer players.

Proper gameplay!
Im a veteran and dont even know what the f to do when i log on. Inagine a new player.


Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:34 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.