View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 New rings / build diversity/ class balance 

As we all know rings play a big part in Xenimus, they are a core aspect on how a character is constructed.

It would be nice if more rings of different types were available.
This would increase build diversity and give the player more options on how to build, counter, and play a character.

I also believe some rings should give negative consequences.

Ill give some examples

We have minor rings why not major rings.

Major fire ring : 12% fire bonus
Super major fire ring: 14% fire bonus -2% base hp

as in the example above these types of mage rings would allow players to spec into specific damage types instead of the broad all magic damage adept rings.

Although sometimes great power needs to come with a price.

Vis Omni Tueri: 150ac
Super Vis Omni Tueri: 150ac 4%base hp. -2% amp

I believe stronger ac rings and options for ac builds would help diversify play styles. (Tank, dps) Also they are needed for low ac classes like rangers.

These are just a few examples and of coarse they dont need the negative effects on them it is just something that would make players think about thier choices on rings.

There could also be rings that augment specific class skills.

Nimble ring of dodge: +1 shot speed +5seconds to dodge time.

Wizards ring : Minor increase to wizard multi range

I have ideas for many other rings and I think many more should be made these are just a few examples.

Im not sure if EJ will read this or like the idea but we are all welcome to discuss.

:)

Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:58 pm

Some ring slike Vis OMni Spiritus rings giving +3 levels and Vis omni velocitas rings are already pretty overpowering lol
no need to add more rings like that.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:32 pm

Yeah nothing like those just other rings to increase diversity, also thats why i proposed the negative consequences on some rings. Would help balance the great power they give.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:50 pm

this use to be a thing years ago with how many differnet fighter rings were able to give you different build in for fights.

hit/def
Amp
Rage Rings
War rings that gave u a bit of everything....

now everything just useless unless it's a rage or war ring lol. I agree with your post and hope sh*t gets better becaue this game lost it's flavor years ago with the spell system and points on stats.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:07 pm

I like this idea. I was also thinking of some more rings maybe ilvl 50-60 like a super VM with more hp base etc or amp / rage... anything in the 45-65 ilvl ring range would help add some diversity and help for different builds. When you are a 70 fig and doing better in top DD with an amp VM setup rather then warrior rings then there is an issue.... a higher lvl VM or ring sub at ilvl 50 or so for lvl 45/50+ could fill the gab until the warrior rings etc may need to get buffed. just an idea

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]