View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Wizard(next In line to get tweak/nerf)Discus 

A mage type should not be tanking period. They should be SURVIVING. There’s a major difference.

In Xen a mage TANKS. I don’t understand why. A lot of it comes from gear, but we KNOW the bonuses a wizard type can get is ridiculous.

A wizard can hit over 100 on EVERY devotion. That’s wayyyyyyy too much. That means their buff power is insane.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:43 pm

[quote="Xen101"]A mage type should not be tanking period. They should be SURVIVING. There’s a major difference.

In Xen a mage TANKS. I don’t understand why. A lot of it comes from gear, but we KNOW the bonuses a wizard type can get is ridiculous.

A wizard can hit over 100 on EVERY devotion. That’s wayyyyyyy too much. That means their buff power is insane.[/quote]

I think xenimus needs class base items to balance the game better,

Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:32 pm

So i know most of you are talking about PVP. But I have to say that my wizard (level 66) is my least played character due to his extreme suckiness in PVE. He has decent ndnt gear with only nice gloves missing. That character dies constantly in the new area left of M Barbs. My skills are the same as lots of *tankier* wizards in the game and his stats are only slightly different. Their multi is weaker than a locks and slower than a druids, so it seems that they kinda get the short end of the stick with their leveling spell--i do not like flame wind as its hp/mp steal is even worse.

So if anything is done to them PVP its my belief they should be buffed in someway for PVE at least. This comes from experience and I have loads of other character to play ( 67paladin, 70paladin,70 warrior, 58 druid, 56 warlock), so my opinion is not biased. TBH the 58 druid does better at m barbs than he does.

BTW he gets out dps'ed by locks lower lvl at raid bosses even though he has 115% eng magic.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:02 am

Does he not realize your a warlock and still wanted poison Nerf as it should be? Feral is 100% wizzy he's on every post about wizzy op defending them... I've seen enough 70 pvp videos to see the obvious pallys are weak as balls to wizards, maybe you just suck at pvp? Pally may be great vs melees but def not wizards they have no type of amp benefits and die nearly instant unless the wizard just sucks at life. The main issue is mage armors used to have very low ac compared to melee armors, this is because mages are meant to trans around and avoid being hit thus being why they do more damage than melee classes, now mage armors give about the same ac as melee, plus their buffs are way stronger, they have about same hp as melees now with staff+wand, and just do insane damage due to overpowered mage gear from level 8 on.. Mage gear amd should be toned down thru all levels or removed completely other than weapons... This would balance out more with melee as we only have extra dmg off weapons.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 am
Original Mi law wrote:
Does he not realize your a warlock and still wanted poison Nerf as it should be? Feral is 100% wizzy he's on every post about wizzy op defending them... I've seen enough 70 pvp videos to see the obvious pallys are weak as balls to wizards, maybe you just suck at pvp? Pally may be great vs melees but def not wizards they have no type of amp benefits and die nearly instant unless the wizard just sucks at life. The main issue is mage armors used to have very low ac compared to melee armors, this is because mages are meant to trans around and avoid being hit thus being why they do more damage than melee classes, now mage armors give about the same ac as melee, plus their buffs are way stronger, they have about same hp as melees now with staff+wand, and just do insane damage due to overpowered mage gear from level 8 on.. Mage gear amd should be toned down thru all levels or removed completely other than weapons... This would balance out more with melee as we only have extra dmg off weapons.

A pally just needs chaotic/daze and as soon as a wizard loses tueri it's game over.

I'm not talking about your average paladin in average gear, I am talking about a paladin with epic gear and rings are the ones that can't be stopped. If your pally is dying to wizards then you should get some advice from the big boy paladins that know how to gear and build right.

Paladins do not have to worry about noxa either lol?

But yes I will defend wizards 100% because I play a top end wizard and I know half these posts are just BS trying to nerf classes that beat them in pvp. I bet if EJ showed pvp stats for wizards win/losses it wouldn't be as high as some of you make out to be.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:39 pm

Feral Child wrote:
Original Mi law wrote:

A pally just needs chaotic/daze and as soon as a wizard loses tueri it's game over.

I'm not talking about your average paladin in average gear, I am talking about a paladin with epic gear and rings are the ones that can't be stopped. If your pally is dying to wizards then you should get some advice from the big boy paladins that know how to gear and build right.

Paladins do not have to worry about noxa either lol?

But yes I will defend wizards 100% because I play a top end wizard and I know half these posts are just BS trying to nerf classes that beat them in pvp. I bet if EJ showed pvp stats for wizards win/losses it wouldn't be as high as some of you make out to be.

"A pally just needs chaotic"

Do you understand this works with ANY CLASS not just pally right? That's a deciding factor for almost ANY Class.....If chaos Goes off in the right time it's pretty much a FREE win. Did you just compare a wizard Noxa to a Pally? Do you understand how much of a difference the two are? One Class can BUFF their Noxa by going energy spec the other class Does NOT have the chance to increase his Noxa damage because it's a melee class.

So let me get this straight, you said I had an "agenda" because I wanted a majority of the OP classes to be drop down in Dps however you are here now saying "yes i play a wizard and would defend it 100%", Please stop being bias and understand the overall point of view of this topic. Wizard DO NOT NEED TO BENEFIT from ALL these insane stuff such as SELF Buffs based on energy to tank more then a mage should and have High Dps. This Class is a LOW risk but has VERY high reward for it's benefits in PvP.

Balancing 101 NO Class should be ABLE to DO all of these things that other classes can.... Wizards in this game Might as well be consider the "adepts" only sh*t this class is really missing is a good skill specialization for PvP but hey what do i know? I haven't played this game for years and notice that the most favor class in this game has always been a wizard.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Everything needs to get balanced. Chaos is ANOTHER factor that needs a nerf.

Either way, one step at a time.. Wizards are too tank.. Like i said.. they should be surviving.. not tanking.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:54 pm

I just think that mages are just too tank. I don’t understand how they’re allowed to toe people for ever. If a mage is in equal gear against a melee, you can bet that he can toe him IF HE WANTED TOO. That just makes no sense. I believe that as soon as mages lose how much they can tank, if ej slows down the game, via AS/cast speed, we will have a better game overall.

Pallies are EXTREMELY broken too. With high end gear, they take very very very little damage. All you need to do to win on a pally is get chaotic somehow, then go hit people and win !

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:59 pm

And. Your never guaranteed to get chaotic, so why would you even bring up chaotic on a pally, that's a hidden property that not everyone can get, but. You just prove the point even more, chaotic to take off wizzy OP buffs and they lose, thanks for pointing that out... and the last thing I'll ever do is take on what any other pally has to tell me about building them lol paladin is all I know, thanks though.. You must not been around long Google me

Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:06 pm

Original Mi law wrote:
And. Your never guaranteed to get chaotic, so why would you even bring up chaotic on a pally, that's a hidden property that not everyone can get, but. You just prove the point even more, chaotic to take off wizzy OP buffs and they lose, thanks for pointing that out... and the last thing I'll ever do is take on what any other pally has to tell me about building them lol paladin is all I know, thanks though.. You must not been around long Google me

That’s a great point ! Chaotic is not garanteed ! You’re right and that proves nearly everyone’s argument: mages are wayyyy too Tanky... it makes no sense that you need to get a hidden property to be able to compete with mages who need nothing special.

And while you’re right, you have played pallies since forever and that’s all you know but my point was that pallies are VERY Tanky as well. They’re “supposed “ to Be Tanky but it’s insane how tank they are. I was able to fight two wizards at the same time on kyzer.. I was fighting quickbeam and Gemini, two mages who are in great gear. I was able to take quickbeams almus due to a lucky chaotic, but that again is just proving it’s dumb how you need chaotic to kill mage, but it is also dumb that I can sit there and Just tank two high end wizards

Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next