View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Wizard(next In line to get tweak/nerf)Discus 

After the warlock Nerf, we need to start addressing this class and it's major power creep it has In PvP and Pve.

This is the only class that gets an additional 10% Amd for just being a wizard, What makes this class so op or strong?

List Of Reasons they are the number 1 mage class for PvP:

1: Energy Is way to easy to obtain on a wizard and theirs WAY to many items that can BOOST a wizard energy up. You have 3 Mage rings with amd prop on each of them( that's 24% all magic damage), 11 points of Energy devo(22% energy), Atlus Staff with 10Amd/7energy prop Plus 4% all magic bonus from the build in of the staff(21% energy), Sp Wand with build in 2% amd, 10% amd prop, and 7 energy as a prop(19% energy). I can Keep on listing these items Like a Robe, Energy Arc Hat, and whatever else you have for a 4th ring can continue to boost your energy damage over 100 without even really trying and this is WITHOUT including the damage increase you are getting from Adding points into intell and keeping cons super low.

2: Every IMPORTANT spell for any MAGE is based on Energy, however ONLY one class out all the others benefits the MOST out of it. Tueri (Armor Spell), and Extrudere (Strong Armor Spell), and Noxa Tueri (Damage Shield) are ALL based one single element know as energy. This is the ONLY class in game thats able to really increase those buffs to extremely high without even really losing out ANYTHING at all. Able to go ALL DAMAGE and while doing so you are Increase every armor spell you have + your damage shield known as noxa. My solution to this would be to Remove "energy" from being able to increase a mage armor spell and make them ALL base line per level you get. Meaning they'll follow a certain structure to get stronger as you level based on just that and noting else.

3: Wizard able to have MULTIPLE different spells based on Different devo but yet still able to have equally as good Health as a warlock Or More does not make sense for a class that's already able to OUT dps them in pvp while having multiple different element spells to fight with. A wizard with 20 cons at level 50 has 68hp more then a warlock at level 50 with 20 cons. This wasn't the case years ago and I'm not sure how this even swapped around but a Wizard in this game CAN not be allowed be have Fire/Energy/Ice, Have More Health then Other Mages, Increase Every possible Armor Spell and Still OUT dps every other mage class in the game with 0 efforts.

I mention poison being busted out the a** for over a few months and it took you months to even believe me. You saw How your level 70(crosix) Almost died to a level 50 warlock with just using Poison alone, I know hope you Start Taking a Look Into wizard where i can provide you Videos, explanations , and whatever more you need in order for you to understand this class is the Golden Goose of this game and has been FOR years.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Id rather see armor spells based of consitution and nothing else. Would give cons the boost it needs and hopefully make tank spec a thing again.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:11 pm

SteveOfEngland wrote:
Id rather see armor spells based of consitution and nothing else. Would give cons the boost it needs and hopefully make tank spec a thing again.

that wont solve a single thing though, you'll have ALL mages just be tankier then what they are now and wizard still doing insane amount of dps.

Last edited by TrunksOuk on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:19 pm
Wizards are fine.

If you want to talk about nerfs, then look into pallys.

I am curious though. What class are you trying to make the best? You obviously have a hidden/self-motive agenda to be targeting class after class for nerf. Warlocks and wizards must be killing/winning the class you prefer to play.

1st - Darkwar
2nd - Warlock
3rd - Wizard

Who's next?

Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:20 pm

Feral Child wrote:
Wizards are fine.

If you want to talk about nerfs, then look into pallys.

I am curious though. What class are you trying to make the best? You obviously have a hidden/self-motive agenda to be targeting class after class for nerf. Warlocks and wizards must be killing/winning the class you prefer to play.

1st - Darkwar
2nd - Warlock
3rd - Wizard

Who's next?

what the f**k are you talking about agenda for self motive? It's wrong to see and ask for a discussion about actually nerfing classes down to make the game more enjoyable then what it is at the moment? I play a Warlock and Only a warlock and I been posting video/facts about the Posion issue that's been completely busted on the PvP server for months. My only "motive" is to ACTUALLY have this game make some sort of sense with classes being different from others. Clearly a wizard allowed to be the King of trades makes 0 sense.

On the PvP server darkwars are mediocre at the moment(i'm sure it'll change once it's 70), Warlock, Wizard, and Pally are the main 3 classes at the moment that I see taking over the "pvp" world and Pally aren't even at the same league as warlock and wizard are at the moment with a level 50 cap.... If you honestly think wizards are "fine" then make a discussion defending that case as to why, other wise don't come into my Post and suggest I have a hidden agenda for a game that has a player base of 30 at it's best days When my only class at the moment going to be getting a hard nerf in order to better out the balance in this game on the pvp server.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:52 pm
The problem is gear dictates majority or who wins or who loses.

This week it's wizards. Next week it will be warriors. Classes have been balanced for 70 and even then there are so many imbalances. Until the pvp server reaches 70 you will continue to see other classes excel over others as your progress through levels.

This is a discussion no? Just because I'm not agreeing with your nerf idea it doesn't mean I have to make a new post defending wizards. I can do that here. Thanks.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:00 pm

Feral Child wrote:
The problem is gear dictates majority or who wins or who loses.

This week it's wizards. Next week it will be warriors. Classes have been balanced for 70 and even then there are so many imbalances. Until the pvp server reaches 70 you will continue to see other classes excel over others as your progress through levels.

This is a discussion no? Just because I'm not agreeing with your nerf idea it doesn't mean I have to make a new post defending wizards. I can do that here. Thanks.

you don't need to agree, that's the point of discussing and debating these topics, However accusing me or anyone about having some sort of "agenda" isn't cool or worth mentioning.

Yes, Like I said in my first Post it's easy to stack "damage" on a mage then it is on a melee and I'm aware of gear playing a major factor however that still doesn't mean those armor spells should all be based on just energy. None of those buff spells should be based a single element like energy, at it's best it should be a mix or on sets of level only not Levels+energy it gives them a major advantage weather you want to believe it or not. No level 50 should be able to have 140 energy or higher and let those spells affect the ability for them to tank a lot more then the average mage.

I could ONLY imagine what a level 70 Wizard with Adept Rings and All that high end Gear could reach....

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:13 pm
I have a 70 wizard with multiple adepts/vex gear and that's why I'm saying they aren't the class that needs targeting.

An equally geared pally laughs at wizards.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:19 pm

you miss my point.. wizards are so tank because energy/spirit effects armor spells. if that wasnt the case their armor spells wouldnt be so strong. If it was based off constitution everyone would be on a level pegging and wizards would have to lose some damage to gain some tanking ability, currently a wizzard can go 19 19 19 xx 22 and still be the most tank class in game, while gaining huge damage. I have that spec on my wizard, hes 67 now but since 65 hes been tanker than my 70, better equipped druid.
Its true what feral child says about gear, it is the biggest factor in balance, i think the issue is that before a full vexar set with perfect props a wizard is miles ahead of any other class. i dont think hitting the class with the nerf bat is the answer though, i think other things like changing how constitution works or how certain skills like shields or devotion skills work.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:15 pm

SteveOfEngland wrote:
you miss my point.. wizards are so tank because energy/spirit effects armor spells. if that wasnt the case their armor spells wouldnt be so strong. If it was based off constitution everyone would be on a level pegging and wizards would have to lose some damage to gain some tanking ability, currently a wizzard can go 19 19 19 xx 22 and still be the most tank class in game, while gaining huge damage. I have that spec on my wizard, hes 67 now but since 65 hes been tanker than my 70, better equipped druid.
Its true what feral child says about gear, it is the biggest factor in balance, i think the issue is that before a full vexar set with perfect props a wizard is miles ahead of any other class. i dont think hitting the class with the nerf bat is the answer though, i think other things like changing how constitution works or how certain skills like shields or devotion skills work.

sorry, i did miss the point on that. Ya I see what you mean they'll have to add points into cons and lose out on damage to regain more tankness.

Gear is grossly over powered once your in the 60-70 range for sure, I know we mention it multple times about it needing to get brought down a bit to make balance fair however that is still yet to get fix or look into.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next