View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Base hp and class balance 

I have been thinking about this for a while and only now decided to post it and let the community hash out oppinions.

Why is it possible for a mage to recieve over 100% bonus HP through props and not a melee?

Mages can recieve bonus HP on thier gloves, hats, staves, wands, boots, rings. essentially every item but capes.

Yet melees who are supposed to be tanks can only recieve hp bonua on (possibly helms) boots and rings ?

Just think about it , is this not the reason mages seem more "tank" than melees?

Say a mage gets 12 hp on helm, 12 hp on wand , 12 hp on staff thats 36 base alone + vms or any rings with + 6 hp props. Not to metion adept rings have base hp, any serious mage advancement ring like vov has base hp.

It just seems like mages have a little bit to much base hp stacking items / props.

No one may want to admit it but me, but this is a serious issue, either put melees on an even playing field or reduce the amount of base hp mages can add through gear.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:05 am

melees can wear adept rings too (also get base hp)
you can get 6% bonus hp on warrior rings/ vov/ vos/fighter rings
os cape has 1% bonus hp
vm rings have 8% bonus hp built in
melees get more bonus hp as a CLASS overall
with 21 cons (minimum for half orc) my paladin has 4k hp.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:16 am

What melee would wear an adept ring honestly?
Thats like having a mage wear a warrior ring, whats the point?
(os cape is better for mages)
you basically made my point for me
Everything a melee can wear a mage can wear ,( and its probably better for them. )
+ they get wand/ stave, glove and hat bonus?

Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:31 am

i must admit i do use adept rings and master mage on my melee, purely because of the defensive qualities, although they do add to fragor damage overall they severely hit my damage output. I do think this is one of the bigger gear problems in xen which often gets overlooked. Isnt adept ring 8%hp and super adept ring 12%hp? so potentially 40% hp base from 4 rings exluding props yet these rings are huge for damage output on a caster. Compare to warrior ring and super warrior ring which actually dont add a big boost to damage output individually and offer very little defence, amp is nice obviously but whats the point in ac built in on rings with such small values, id much rather see those turned into hp base. I enjoy playing tank based melee's for raiding but it does seem silly that the best defensive rings in the game are actually caster rings.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:37 am

You would wear an adept ring for the amp and hp base for farming harder areas. I do it alllll the time on my ranger war and pally

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:36 am

Super adept ring definitely needs a small nerf to hp.
Maybe 9% instead of 12.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:29 am

Yeah I'm sure they are great for farming, but pretty sure we are talking about in pvp. All mage gear is op, the 65 gear is just even more out of this world.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Swift wrote:
I have been thinking about this for a while and only now decided to post it and let the community hash out oppinions.

Why is it possible for a mage to recieve over 100% bonus HP through props and not a melee?

Mages can recieve bonus HP on thier gloves, hats, staves, wands, boots, rings. essentially every item but capes.

Yet melees who are supposed to be tanks can only recieve hp bonua on (possibly helms) boots and rings ?

Just think about it , is this not the reason mages seem more "tank" than melees?

Say a mage gets 12 hp on helm, 12 hp on wand , 12 hp on staff thats 36 base alone + vms or any rings with + 6 hp props. Not to metion adept rings have base hp, any serious mage advancement ring like vov has base hp.

It just seems like mages have a little bit to much base hp stacking items / props.

No one may want to admit it but me, but this is a serious issue, either put melees on an even playing field or reduce the amount of base hp mages can add through gear.

Original post. Not ONE mention of PVP.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:39 pm

im confused. even under the assumption its about pvp swift is a ranger. how is an adept ring bad for a ranger in pvp?

Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:16 am

This post is more so trying to point out that mage items stack hp base on almost all mage items where as melee items do not.

The fact that melees are using adept rings for hp base and amp should really be a sticking point here. Is this not a mage type ring? where are the melee type items of similar caliber?

Ill make a another post with an idea i had about rings and build diversity. Mainly more and different rings are needed, something like a vot (vis omni tueri) ...but thats another topic.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next