View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Current Balance issue discussion (PVP Server) 

STOP fighting about stupid sh*t. Focus on the damn task on hand. Figuring out how we can work to balance the freaking game. EVERYTHING has to turn into a damn fight. I don't get it. Your posts WILL be deleted if they are POINTLESS to the thread.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Loki wrote:
guy says 8-12% a hit but still meds at 70-80% in every video and a constant floormat. I remember one week he was like 4 an 15 deaths and that was with vos rofl. Dude logs off to oggy ASAP when he gets turned into a vexar shag rug.

but since you want to bring up old videos here is liftingnerf losing his house to captain on his old char he retired that very day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioTBL7xbBDY (Kappa loses house to captain)

The guy THINKS hit amulets work as reditus amulets.

And when his warlock was retired by SPIN PVP AFTER it was nerfed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbDzFnWYsy4

when you have to deal with chaotic you should be medding early lol, but yeah i never saw dts try to 1 on 1 MM lol he would do 3 star invis attacks and try to surprise him while typing or team or have someone jump in with bomb almus but those are the only things dts ever did lol... guy sucks at pvp just good at using dirty tricks and teaming lol

Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:59 pm

Mantra wrote:
Loki wrote:
guy says 8-12% a hit but still meds at 70-80% in every video and a constant floormat. I remember one week he was like 4 an 15 deaths and that was with vos rofl. Dude logs off to oggy ASAP when he gets turned into a vexar shag rug.

but since you want to bring up old videos here is liftingnerf losing his house to captain on his old char he retired that very day

when you have to deal with chaotic you should be medding early lol, but yeah i never saw dts try to 1 on 1 MM lol he would do 3 star invis attacks and try to surprise him while typing or team or have someone jump in with bomb almus but those are the only things dts ever did lol... guy sucks at pvp just good at using dirty tricks and teaming lol

Can you tell me someone who’s good at pvp? If the person isn’t fighting EXACTLY how you want them too, they automatically suck.... what kind of logic is that ?

Everything post mentioned is pretty much true. When melees pvp against mages in equal gear, they tend to lose. Maybe every melee just sucks and every mage is the best pvper around. Or maybe mages are just a little stronger. Idk

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:06 pm

Issues:
Ranger - Must spec bows for efficient farming/leveling but has drawbacks in pvp especially with melee opponents. Getting hit staggers rangers to the point that they cant fire arrows or a melee can just walk in circles around ranger and never get hit. Dies in 2 or 3 attacks from any equal level mage or fighter type. Dodge ability needs reworked to be a long term passive type buff like Inner Strength or the warrior buff, possibly add a chance to dodge/evade physical and magic damage.

Warlocks - Good damage but less much survivalbility than Wizard.

Wizard - High pvp damage and survivalbility but weak multi spell for leveling.

All Fig types - Magic Power cost increases too much requiring sacrificing stronger rings like Fighter rings/vis Medri for VAs/Animus rings just to be able to use their AOE hunting ability. Its seems to me that all character have to learn to read and swim so why should learned spells become more difficult over time?

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:23 pm

Rippy wrote:
Mantra wrote:
Loki wrote:

Can you tell me someone who’s good at pvp? If the person isn’t fighting EXACTLY how you want them too, they automatically suck.... what kind of logic is that ?

Everything post mentioned is pretty much true. When melees pvp against mages in equal gear, they tend to lose. Maybe every melee just sucks and every mage is the best pvper around. Or maybe mages are just a little stronger. Idk

its pretty easy to figure out... if someone can only beat people by relying on gimmicks like teaming and bomb almus and such and runs when it has to be a legit 1 on 1 i would say that person sucks at pvp. i am not against people that get wins like that but for people that pretty much rely on that stuff and cant win without it.....

and if DTS was the old absolute vengeance then hes been pvping like this forever lol i remember when he would team me with someone else playing captain i used to have a 7 prop Acid dagger i used to finish him off with from range way back when because of how many times he would try to bomb almus me

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:45 pm

[quote="XFactor"]Issues:
Ranger - Must spec bows for efficient farming/leveling but has drawbacks in pvp especially with melee opponents. Getting hit staggers rangers to the point that they cant fire arrows or a melee can just walk in circles around ranger and never get hit. Dies in 2 or 3 attacks from any equal level mage or fighter type. Dodge ability needs reworked to be a long term passive type buff like Inner Strength or the warrior buff, possibly add a chance to dodge/evade physical and magic damage.

All Fig types - Magic Power cost increases too much requiring sacrificing stronger rings like Fighter rings/vis Medri for VAs/Animus rings just to be able to use their AOE hunting ability.[/quote]

I forgot about rangers, I updated and added this info in, because it is very much valid. Any other info anyone has feel free to post here and I will update them to the list.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:24 pm

i Play noting but mages and i'm telling you right now they have the best of all worlds when comparing in pvp, leveling and farming.

I refuse to play any melee class unless it's a max out darkwar or warrior and that's if it's handed to me because other then that i'll level touch them to level or farm on the new server.

In no world of any balancing game should a mage be allowed to have the jack of all trades and believe it's "balance" or good how it is. The community in this game and when i say that i'm pointing out a selected group who would do anything to lie/change the fact that wizard are completely f**king busted beyond all believe just looking at the spells, and damage output can show you how stupid that class is at the moment. Unlike most players in this game that just go around making stuff up or lying out of their a** I been actually posting video and explaining to ej why certain things are busted. Example like Warlock psn and darkwar jutxa when it was glitched. Issue is everyone wants their class buff and untouched and when a nerf or buff is made for a class everyone goes on the forums to cry about it or email ej about it.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:34 pm

mages have always been jack of all trades....

well in the hands of a good player

players like

Impulse(anth the aussie)
Fixed star(broken star)

they would dance around melees 10-20 levels higher and still win

when the norm was that melees 10-15levels lower would beat a mage because they were far slower to level

todays mages are stagnant and believe that they should be able to toe a melee just fine

big balance issues atm are Chaotic, Breaker, Dispel

with buffs mages tank to much

but losing just a layer of buffs (tueri extrudere) a mage that tanks 10 hits from a melee will go to getting 2-3shot

bottom line BUFFS HAS WAY TO BIG IMPACT ON SUVIVAL

Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:52 pm

I agree, buffs need to be toned down, and hp increased to balance it out, and then chaos disp etc wouldn't have such a huge impact

Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:06 pm

this is because Mage(wizard MAINLY) need a major nerf in certain aspect of what they can do and for how long.

Tueri and extrudere are based on energy.... that alone should be a RED FLAG. Buff Spells should not be based on a certain element in this game it should have a base level for each class. This game has SO MUCH DPS that it has REALLY made the stack of VoV's seem like childplay....

This is how I beleive the game NEEDS to go in terms of "balance"

Class :

warlock - Damage over time and More health then a wizard/cleric (however they only have ONE element for damage over time,warlock beam sucks balls and on a BASE line as in per level they should get more health then a wizard/cleric but they dont really get anything different.)
Wizard - More Raw damage with spells and able to trait to fire/ice or energy.(Draw back it doesn't have health equal to or more health then warlocks and shouldn't be able to have tueri/egg and Noxa based on energy. All three of those spells should of have a standard base level gain for high level you get).
Druid - Highest health class out of all the other mages, has the ability to tank more then the average mage and use energy,sp and ice spells.(Draw back should be hard to level due to multi spell taking a lot of Magic Power, and no real strong specialization skills like other classes)
Cleric - Great team support class for pvp or for raids(however class has super low health, somewhat low dps unless it's class specialization is active.It has potential to be REALLY strong with an insane amount of gear)
Warrior - Combo hits , Good Amp to fight against mages and great specialization skills(however they lose to other melees like the pally class, hard to level first few levels, require good amount of pots for pve/pvp. This class does not need to have the same agil bonus for as darkwars/rangers.)
Pally - Great against other melee classes, good defensive skills and good amount of Magic Power for a melee class(however they suck against mages if not gear well at all. This class should also not be able to close to the same attack speed as warriors, rangers, and darkwars)
Darkwar- Half mage and Half melee class however able to excels great in any of those areas depending on how you want to play the class.(This class biggest draw back is the amount of health it has and how easily it is for them to get killed by monsters/players).
Ranger - Crazy high dps with bow good for leveling and PVP(However this class just f**king dies if u even look at them, can't attack other melee classes because they are able to get the same amount of agil and pretty much make bow dps pointless. Biggest draw back with rangers is that they aren't the fastest class anymore, cant use any other weapons to pvp with and have low health. Pointless to play one if you are just trying to play a sneak/dps class you are better off on a darkwar.)

Want to balance things? Then make every class different to a degree from the others and make different stat bonus for each class.... Wizard and warlock is all about going intel but warlock shadow devo base on wisdom however a wizard is based on intell. Druid and cleric are all wisdom however druid and clerics can heal for the same amount and do about the same dps with out using any special skills. Darkwar and Ranger are "fastest" hitting classes in game but a warrior and pally can hit just as a fast as either 1 of them to a certain degree and using the same stats as them.....

In short this game would never have actual balance because every melee player wants to have the same attack speed as a darkwar/ranger and every mage want the ability to tank as a warrior and pally without losing a single f**king thing. All this issue and that's not even addressing the biggest problem which is Gear as well.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next