View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Current Balance issue discussion (PVP Server) 

Now I know level 65-70 the game gets more balanced, but Ej seems to think it's balanced right now (Level 50 cap PVP server) , and tells me this is what we wanted. So here's a list of things in need of being looked at.

#1 - Wizards tueri and egg spell, making them way more tanky than any melee on PVP server due to energy bonus to those spells.... Sounds broken to me. Only. Downside their multi is kind of weak compared to warlocks.

#2 - Mages getting 130+ magic bonus at level 50, and up to 150 magic bonus with castle + upgrades(Mainly wizards), while your lucky to have 25-30amp on most melee. This leaves almost every melee on server besides warriors to die in 2 spells while greatly geared, unless you use a vis Maxie pot, you will then die in 3. Let's not forget next cap increase level 54 beams get faster and stronger. Also wondering why mages are able to wear melee boots, but not melee gloves? Was this intended? Seems to be another issue making mages more tanky at lower level. Not to mention the amount of hp base a mage can get over melees, making them equal in AC with tanker armor buffs and equal hp as melees...

(The castle upgrade Bonus wouldn't be much of an issue if (You know who) didn't use the mark 1 castle, non linked house portal bug to have ownership 100% of the time, by glitching into crystal room) nobody else on pvp server can take a castle, as the moment you leave castle you lose it from this bug abusing.

#3 - Melee do no damage until vexar weapons, I've tested with all of my link with 4 different skill specs, 2 hand weaps to swords wit poison an bleed, it still takes about 8 to 10 hits to kill a well geared mage(with 61 strength 10% dmg weaps), while they kill us in 2 spells. I suggest adding more amp to gear, and boosting lower level hp gains (MELEE ONLY) in exchange for lesser gains later on, to even things back out by level 65. Or I also suggested before adding more points damage to melee gear, as we have no way to stack damage and need both really high agility and really high strength to even have a chance, leaving us no option to add cons at all or we can't even fight other melee. Even having 10% damage on weap/dagger does not make much of a noticeable difference as our damage is so low that 10% added to it is very mediocre. All ej has done is add more and more gear giving mages massive dmg bonus and speed bonus, all while lowering hp every year.

#4 - Ranger - Must spec bows for efficient farming/leveling but has drawbacks in pvp especially with melee opponents. Getting hit staggers rangers to the point that they cant fire arrows, or a melee can just walk in circles around a ranger and never get hit. Dies in 2 or 3 attacks from any equal level mage or fighter type. Dodge ability needs reworked to be a long term passive type buff like Inner Strength or the warrior buff, possibly add a chance to dodge/evade physical and magic damage. But from my experience against them, if they catch you it's possible to get 1 shotted on a warlock especially by multi while farming. Their damage is good, but I agree they need some fixes.

#5 - Warlocks die really fast compared to wizards, due to no energy bonus(Weaker egg/tueri), although at 50 they are 1 shotting alot of players, I've had a couple friends quit due to this, the poisons are still doing 80-90% ticks something needs to be adjusted. Ej says this was slightly nerfed, but it seems as though only melee weapon poison damage was nerfed, if anything warlock poison seems now stronger.
(Ej confirms adjusting poison)

#6 - Vis Maximus Potions in pvp - They are still overpowering at these levels(More so on mages), and also just another issue destroying pvp on this server. Why are all other hp pots disabled in pvp, but these are ok? Here's an example of the 2nd or 3rd best geared wizard on pvp server, this is without castle damage, but he does have vis maximus potion on. This is just to give you an idea of what level 50 mages are looking like, the vis maximus potion gives him just about same hp as my level 50 paladin. Also Potatos himself/Markus told me the level 50 update would score him 0.50 cast speed, and he has about 300 more hp than Noxen. Just throwing that out there.
http://i68.tinypic.com/2eq3ynd.jpg

#7 - Pker level range atm seems to be free to pk up to 15 levels under with no penalty or hated points(Although ive seen 18), that's insane as these level 30's stand absolutely no chance to defend them self, or run in any kind of way, you should not be dropping any gear or potions on a level 30 to level 50's when trying to level, this is ruining any chances of gaining new players.. No lower level players are able to keep a bag for more than 10 minutes if they are trying to level, as these level 50's camp all their hunting areas, just mass killing them.. just because they can. This needs to be nerfed, I feel as though 8 level range is PLENTY to be free to kill, anything more than 8 levels below should gain hated points, and those players should not drop any gear/potions or pop any bags from those pks. This server would have alot more people playing it on a daily basis if this issue was addressed. Even 8 levels under is trying to be nice/fair as even they will all die in 1 hit to anyone 8 levels above. But at least they will be able to still level, till they are within 8 level range.

#8 - All Fig types - Magic Power cost increases too much requiring sacrificing stronger rings like Fighter rings/vis Medri for VAs/Animus rings just to be able to use their AOE hunting ability.

#9 - Mystic Mummy, 6 hour respawn is still insane as only those who play 20 hours a day are able to aquire 2 ankhs in a decent amount of time, I've been stuck on my new char at level 30 almost 3 weeks, I've been in almost 20 mummy raids and every lowest level newb or last person coming in when he's almost dead receives the ankh, I am still at 0 ankhs, this is extremely frustrating as I even had a friend make new chars just to help me get my ankhs and now he has 5 newbs he will never play with 2 ankhs each.. It's another issue that because of these other balance issues it takes an hour or so just to find a 3rd person to help kill him, due to server being dead because it's not fun until these. Issues are addressed.. Please make another way so all players can benefit from mystic mummy ankhs.

#10 - Damage at level 70 will be everyone 1-2 shotting each other, as it is now with mages 1-2 shotting it will only get worse by level 70. This was the whole reason a 40% reduction was put into prime to begin with, even with 40% reduction people on prime still can die in 3-4 hits(besides wizards). This kills pvp extremely, I explained this to Ej with 0% reduction and his response was, this is exactly how it was back in the day, you wanted danger, you got it. That is far from true, I've been a player of xenimus for 19 years I've been through all the changes ever made from the start, until he started adding crazy a** gear is when everything hit the fan, Danger was never 1-2 shotting each other, you were able to run into someone 10+ levels higher and take a hit or 2 with time to escape, that was danger.. Dying in a hit or 2 is just slaughter. Pvp was all about skill, now it's all about gear and plats, for whoever got the most meds/Maxie cuz all u can do is tap tap tap that med key and hope you don't freeze. Pvp died with GvE update, and it's going to take some big changes to bring it back to life.

Balance is completely screwed atm, but Ej does not believe it is, maybe if enough people come foward with their experiences with balance issues, he might actually attempt to look into balancing the game out through all levels.

I'll add more things later, feel free to chime in with your experience of unbalanced issues

[quote="TrunksOuk"]this is because Mage(wizard MAINLY) need a major nerf in certain aspect of what they can do and for how long.
Tueri and extrudere are based on energy.... that alone should be a RED FLAG. Buff Spells should not be based on a certain element in this game it should have a base level for each class. This game has SO MUCH DPS that it has REALLY made the stack of VoV's seem like childplay....

This is how I beleive the game NEEDS to go in terms of "balance"

Class :
warlock - Damage over time and More health then a wizard/cleric (however they only have ONE element for damage over time,warlock beam sucks balls and on a BASE line as in per level they should get more health then a wizard/cleric but they dont really get anything different.)

Wizard - More Raw damage with spells and able to trait to fire/ice or energy.(Draw back it doesn't have health equal to or more health then warlocks and shouldn't be able to have tueri/egg and Noxa based on energy. All three of those spells should of have a standard base level gain for high level you get).

Druid - Highest health class out of all the other mages, has the ability to tank more then the average mage and use energy,sp and ice spells.(Draw back should be hard to level due to multi spell taking a lot of Magic Power, and no real strong specialization skills like other classes)

Cleric - Great team support class for pvp or for raids(however class has super low health, somewhat low dps unless it's class specialization is active.It has potential to be REALLY strong with an insane amount of gear)

Warrior - Combo hits , Good Amp to fight against mages and great specialization skills(however they lose to other melees like the pally class, hard to level first few levels, require good amount of pots for pve/pvp. This class does not need to have the same agil bonus for as darkwars/rangers.)

Pally - Great against other melee classes, good defensive skills and good amount of Magic Power for a melee class(however they suck against mages if not gear well at all. This class should also not be able to close to the same attack speed as warriors, rangers, and darkwars)

Darkwar- Half mage and Half melee class however able to excels great in any of those areas depending on how you want to play the class.(This class biggest draw back is the amount of health it has and how easily it is for them to get killed by monsters/players).

Ranger - Crazy high dps with bow good for leveling and PVP(However this class just f**king dies if u even look at them, can't attack other melee classes because they are able to get the same amount of agil and pretty much make bow dps pointless. Biggest draw back with rangers is that they aren't the fastest class anymore, cant use any other weapons to pvp with and have low health. Pointless to play one if you are just trying to play a sneak/dps class you are better off on a darkwar.)

Want to balance things? Then make every class different to a degree from the others and make different stat bonus for each class.... Wizard and warlock is all about going intel but warlock shadow devo base on wisdom however a wizard is based on intell. Druid and cleric are all wisdom however druid and clerics can heal for the same amount and do about the same dps with out using any special skills. Darkwar and Ranger are "fastest" hitting classes in game but a warrior and pally can hit just as a fast as either 1 of them to a certain degree and using the same stats as them.....

In short this game would never have actual balance because every melee player wants to have the same attack speed as a darkwar/ranger and every mage want the ability to tank as a warrior and pally without losing a single f**king thing. All this issue and that's not even addressing the biggest problem which is Gear as well.[/quote]

Last edited by Original Mi law on Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 47 times in total.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Wizards are not tankier than melees and no mage is getting 150 bonus at 50. I'll squash those 2 theories now.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:01 pm

Well with castle and upgrades I meant so I'll edit that, and yes they are lol they take more hits from melee than melee take from other melee.. Clearly feral is wizard. :)

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:03 pm

I'd like to test your theories because I still don't see how a vex wizard is out tanking a vex pally or warrior.

If you're talking about dark wars or rangers that would make more sense.

There are too many variables at play for a lot of the claims you are making to get consistent data.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:19 pm

[quote="Feral Child"]I'd like to test your theories because I still don't see how a vex wizard is out tanking a vex pally or warrior.[/quote]

You are clearly missing the whole point of the post, this is balance from 45-65 levels, not vexar geared classes. Read the first line.

Last edited by Original Mi law on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Feral Child wrote:
Wizards are not tankier than melees and no mage is getting 150 bonus at 50. I'll squash those 2 theories now.

150? Maybe not but 130-140 would be ALOT more reasonable and sure.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:24 pm

Original Mi law wrote:
Feral Child wrote:
I'd like to test your theories because I still don't see how a vex wizard is out tanking a vex pally or warrior.

If you're talking about dark wars or rangers that would make more sense.

There are too many variables at play for a lot of the claims you are making to get consistent data.

Your clearly missing the whole post, this is balance from 45-65 levels, not vexar geared classes. Read the first line.

Yes and if you BUFF chars frmo the 45-65 levels, they will become super OP once they start wearing vexar gear.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:42 pm

[quote="Loki"]Yes and if you BUFF chars frmo the 45-65 levels, they will become super OP once they start wearing vexar gear.[/quote]

Again, if you actually read, one suggestion was adding more hp at lower level on melees and slowing it down at later levels, so that the most hp gain is early levels where it's most needed, then slowed down to balance back out by 65 how it is now. I'm not saying buff this char or that char and make it where they are even stronger 65-70, but there has to be some way he can figure out a better balance until then.

Last edited by Original Mi law on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:47 pm

+1 to this post i agree with everything.

Balance is screwed slaughter is happening.
I am talking about the pvp server i quit prime.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm

[quote="Feral Child"]Wizards are not tankier than melees and no mage is getting 150 bonus at 50. I'll squash those 2 theories now.[/quote]

Then show us the proof to squash them theories

Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next