View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Getting Old(No guides for anything AT ALL) 

List of things thats getting beyond annoying and frustrating. Had a few friends stop playing after reaching 35 few weeks ago because theirs no guide to a single thing in this game at all. Propping shrine, Spirit shrine, Leveling spots, and where to go for certain quests.

I email you about my issue with the spirit shrine , and now im posting about things thats just been getting dumb. If we JUST had Leveling Guide that has HELPED ALOT of NEW and RETURNING players all of sudden get removed completely because it was label as "cheating" even though it was OLD videos they HELPED ALOT. Now My friends are unsure where to even go and how to get to said spots. This game has been OUT FOR SO LONG(10+ years)!!!! At this point you need to sit down and figure out if third party programs like xenlua was worth calling a "cheat" just because they can show you certain walls being hidden. One or three players can't be the only players in this server thats constantly trying to "make" guides" or give others a "helping" hand to explain every little thing to do. Here's a suggestion for you after next update is done and something you should consider doing because it is NEEDED.

Suggestions:

Add a prop shrine guide on how to properly get 0-8 props on gear(instead of propping being 100% random MAKE IT worth investing xx amount of gold/mats to get certain props)

Add A guide on how spirit guide works the idea of randomly dropping x gold is dumb, and explain what you can get, how to get it, how many spirits can be really obtain, and for how long. (Instead of dropping random x amount of gold and mats to get a new spirit or added spirit)

Add a leveling guide or IMPLANT an arrow that shows where a player should go for each level so we dont have to keep asking on WC or on the forums for a "leveling guide"

Rework the scripts from some of the quests MOST of them are OUTDATED!!!

after losing 2 friends who played with me from the start all of sudden stop because they got tired of not knowing what to do, how or when. These are the things that keep players from wanting to even continue playing and something that should of been addressed years however every-time someone adds or makes something it's label as a "cheat" because you don't like certain things being given away but the issue here is Ej that MOST of your current players ARE NOT NEW, They are the SAME casual/hardcore players you have had for over 10 years.... This idea of not wanting to help give hints/make guides or see videos with such programs begin used is getting old and dumb. PvP server was at 64 players 2 months ago and we are now currently struggling to get more then 20. Just please stop trying to yolo everything but giving random days on discord, and random explanation on things.

-Jinzo/TrunksOuK

hoping things change for the best or better because I'm on the edge on going MIA again for another 2 years to see where the games go.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:37 pm

Xenimus has always been secretive but we need to move past that. We need npcs to give hints or information on things.

Star is a good example. There is no way you’d know that’s a thing if you’re a new player. An npc needs to give information on these things. Maybe visuals and the likes.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:54 pm

I agree. Maybe someone should completely plan it out for EJ so all he has to do it implement it. He likes that ish.(best way to get it done)

Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:04 pm

What is this spirt guide stuff you mentioned. Another shrine? I think a big step towards showing new players where to level would be to enhance the world map. Some NPCs mark areas on the map as it already but what if when you hovered over these areas a recommended level popped up for that area? WOW has a similar system in place where the map is broken into zones that tell you the recommended range. Even returning players like myself didn't know where to go when I started or about the tasks such as Str shrine twins. The mystic of everything being "a secret" is overdone and drives away new players. I don't even recommended this game to my friends because there is so much hand holding required it runs the fun for all.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:55 pm

XFactor wrote:
What is this spirt guide stuff you mentioned. Another shrine? I think a big step towards showing new players where to level would be to enhance the world map. Some NPCs mark areas on the map as it already but what if when you hovered over these areas a recommended level popped up for that area? WOW has a similar system in place where the map is broken into zones that tell you the recommended range. Even returning players like myself didn't know where to go when I started or about the tasks such as Str shrine twins. The mystic of everything being "a secret" is overdone and drives away new players. I don't even recommended this game to my friends because there is so much hand holding required it runs the fun for all.

It's a new shrine that boost your a player damage or gives you protection like all magic protection. Issue is I DINT even know about this shrine till yesterday... and someone explain it to me and i been around for YEARS(but just got back recently). The map another thing that needs to be redone completely. My biggest issue is the fact I lose out on a shitload of GOLD and items use to try these new "shrines" yet to get f**ked over the a** by it because either no one tells me much about it or knows noting about it....

Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Yep.

Been saying it for so long, but focus has been directed at so much else.
For some reason, not only EJ but the people postin was rooting 2 fix the Graphics rather than the Issue (Content)
Now theyre doing it again, Asking for a Pvp Server misderecting Ej once again with whats needed.

Now the new X2 or w.e its called is rarely being used (As i expected)
The pvp server is the same as the first one with just random new dungeons added.

EJ, Listen and excuse my language, f**k ur player base, they only care for themselves.
Focus, and only focus on new, fresh!

Meaning u should pretend, that right now. This game does not EXIST.
And you’re a player walking around Starting town, and go from there. Adding. random new spots wont help ANYTHING besides keeping ur player base you have now, but if that is what you want, i’m sorry and i hope i dont offend u.
But nothing ur doing right now is helping NEW players, Its helping REMAINING players that somewhat bored with whats here and want somthing new.

The Map atm is perfect for a story line... work with it!
The first part of the map could be 1-25 the second could be 25-40 the third could be 40-60 and
Da could be 60-70,

And have the quests as it is (Shrines and all). But make ot so once u finish apart of the map, u get sent to do a quest, lets say 1-25 once u finish it, you have to do GH/All stat shrines to continue. And to do so u need 21 read, and where 2 go etx.

I can go on, but i feel as if its pointless. Just know that the remaining players will still play, bwcause they have, for years. U need new and fresh ones

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:08 pm

a gui with pop up arrows and pop up help boxes would be a staple in teaching the game basics. it can take several days of help to teach a new player how to use the game.recently, i noticed that a pop up walk through on setting hot keys and how it works could be great while teaching someone new. i mean its something a seasoned player doesn't think about that is a major barrier to new players.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:19 pm

Just let the damn thing die already. What game puts out an update and tells the player base to go find what's new? Especially a base struggling to keep 20. Sad.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]