View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 One thing to keep in mind with dungeon updates 
Site Admin

I have already changed several places for the update, but the age old thing will still be true where no matter what I do some places will still be considered useless by players. The player base will look at a few different areas and decide that a certain one is better than the others. That one is then considered the good one and the others are considered useless. There is no way around this really as it is impossible to make all areas exactly equal.

I can bring some places more up to par and try to make them useful in different ways.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:01 pm

well one way would be for example

if a area has "worse" experience per hour

it has better drops and items from it sell for higher gold etc

while a place that is easier to hunt lets say general melee monsters in huge groups

give good exp while they dont drop that good or intressting items so the gold per hour is slower

TO simplify what players gain good experience from
Melee monsters in huge groups/camps, Instant spawn or fast

Monsters players have a harder time killing and which are slower experience

Bad layouts spread out spawn slow spawn rate mage monsters these are generally bad experience because Mage monsters trans around and they dont walk towards player

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:17 pm

good morning !

few things that people need to understand is that there is ALWAYS going to be a selected spot that is consider the "best" but what we can do is change things up.

Example Trade Offs Per Hunting Area:

Great grinding spots: a leveling spot like brown isle is consider really great spawn, and great exp per hour that can handle up to 3 people maybe 4 with NO issues at all but the draw back is NO found items and NO bonus exps. This is acceptable because this area is so big and so good to hunt in that if your LOOKING to just level fast and not worry about making gold or finding items this area is for you.

Item Found Spots: If your focus on finding items for your level range+making some decent gold while hunting then the trade off for this area would be Low exp per hour(not to the point it's useless but slow enough where it isn't like a great zone to camp/blaze level through).This is fair because while making exps at a low rate you are also gearing out a character slowly and making gold while doing so from the found items.

Bonus exp hunting areas: I feel like we need more areas like this where you get a buff that boosts your leveling per hour depending on how long you are grinding the area with a decent spawn rate/decent leveling zone the trade off would be leveling at a normal rate with a permanent exp bonus booster for how long you are hunting the area by yourself. This would encourage players to explore different area to level in and not cramp themselves up all in the same location trying to fight over an area.

I think your doing a great job with changing the game for the better good of the player base and listening to the feedback's that you are getting from discord. My second suggestion after this nice update would be to implant better quests that hand out better rewards to level 30+ players and not give us random rewards of noting. However We can touch base on that stuff at some point when we get on discord again, overall Good Job on making the changes or trying to make the changes and not fronting on them. So keep up the good work and updates at the right pace because no matter what not everyone going to be happy with "changes" but some of us are very happy with the results you are putting out.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 pm

For everyone who wants to get points across when it comes to the dungeons. You can always join EJ on discord and join us all on a discussion about this.

Carry on.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:42 pm

What would also help is if you increased spawn rate so it's up to par with the spawn in isles. So increase how fast monsters spawn

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:59 pm

A lot of the areas are fine. Every dungeon doesn't have to be the best.

I leveled my chars on the new PVP server almost entirely in peace because I tried staying away from the "main" zones. Sooo many places in DS no one even goes to. I leveled for hours without seeing anyone or being bothered by a pker. Yet on world chat I heard constantly about pkers at certain spots.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:03 pm

Very true to any game. There will always be the best spots for this or that no matter what. But lifting nerd made a good suggestion.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:00 pm

It also leaves more places even if not as good, to level at to avoid being pked nonstop, I mean I low key lvled all the way to 40 with no found items at all... Poor as hell but rather lv then get held back by no lifers.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:07 pm

Like those people using old paladin's names on warlocks. Disgraceful.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:27 pm

[quote="Downwardspiral"]Like those people using old paladin's names on warlocks. Disgraceful.[/quote]

Lmao don't forget about clerics too :)

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next