View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Xenimus 

Whats happened? Seems like after this pvp server release the player base was really high for a slight moment and then bang it all dropped...

Obviously there's a reason I mean 80 players dont come back for nothing... they were excited to see a server that would be beneficial to everyone..
Unfortunately that was not the case..people sat on their fatass no lifting the levels away while those that actually play casual get pkd non stop so they can't lvl past 5.. I mean come on.. people aren't going to take being pkd 10x in 5mins trying to get level 6.. lol

All that's becoming of xenimus now is a big time consuming game that you can't even log on and enjoy the game for an hour unless you've spent months grindin for gear that will just get sold around on Facebook for rediculous amounts of money..

Sorry if this seems harsh but atleast let ej read it before you forum admins delete it on site.

Stormy. Aka the kiwi

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 am

*cough *cough prime *cough *cough

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:49 am

I think it was a great idea, I think there wasn't enough attention to it. EJ ended up getting sick so things slowed down. If Ej ends up updating and paying ALOT of attention to the server. We will be good.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:20 am

Yeah but its been 17 years and we still don't have basic quality of life things in the game literally just shooting ourselves in the foot.

-How many times have we asked for more/better hunting areas?
-How many more quests?
-Better rewards?
-ITEM TEXT?
-Not even bothering with the rest.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:28 am

pretty easy ppl get hyped

they hit level 40 they notice theres nothing to do

they sit and wait for more levels to be released

ul notice on next level release Players count will Spike for a few days untll those ppl hit 45

and it will go back to how it was untill the next level release in another few weeks

it honestly happends in ANY game

the first few days ppl are hyped and play after a few days the hype wears off

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:58 am

Well I know of a few ppl who came back that I know in rl and they left again due to the mass pking and 1 shotting.

Also EVERY update has a lot of players on day 1-5. Remember the cape/boots update ? That had 60+ players for a while as people loved to try to find new and exciting gear.

Thats most game. How many stop playing wow, bdo, etc and then a bug content update comes out and many start playing it again only to get bored after x amount of time and moving on again.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:07 am

The PVP server brought back people who have played over the past 15+ years who are now in their 30s and 40s with families and responsibilities. This is a game that is meant to be a grind but lacks content and development because its only EJ programming and doing anything. What do games like WOW, bdo, etc have that Xen doesn't? A TEAM of people constantly programming and updating it. Xenimus is nothing more then a nostalgic game in the process of dieing a slow death, the community will never change from what it is now. An update will come out and a couple more people will log on and in a couple days log back off until another big update happens in a couple of years.

Take Prime Server, The player base is largely lvl 65-70s who log on for no other reason then to run boss raids and once those are over they log back off. There is nothing else to do. There needs to be more to the game then that. Raise that level cap to 100 and see how many people come back to the game and try to make that grind. Guess what though... it will fail because there is still not enough places to level and the where you can level the spawn will not support more then a couple people leveling at one time, The game is packed full of gear that needs to be spread out more over level so that it can support a higher level cap. Bosses should spawn more often even it that means slightly lowering the change of a drop, people will complain about that one but if drops were also made to go to a class that can actually use them it would still be worth it.

Daggers were nerfed and EJ fixed the issue with staffs stacking as long as 2 of the same type were stacked... he STILL hasn't addressed the fact that if a mage equips their main and off hands in a certain order they still stack. I shouldn't be able to switch from my wand+staff to a wand+mace and have the amd/fire/sp stack with the magic damage built into a mace.

I love Xenimus but you all need to get comfortable with the fact that it WILL be gone in the near future if major content issues aren't fixed. I've said it before that we can't expect EJ to fix everything quickly and keep emailing him over and over about the same stuff but if there was 1 or even 2 more programmers who worked together on the game it might actually succeed on Steam. EJ has done a fantastic job of keeping the game somewhat alive for all the years but something needs to change if it is going to stay alive.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:33 am

exactly bosses are a huge issue to why xenimus is in its current state

Once bosses are dead pppl go ehhh. why should i be online

they logoff and hope to catch bosses next time

they do this a few times and end up playing other games

a better way would be to have items Found or Pulled from 70 chest only

this way people would hunt to relevel to get gear etc

rather then try to do bosses all the time

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:49 am

LiftingNerd wrote:
pretty easy ppl get hyped

they hit level 40 they notice theres nothing to do

they sit and wait for more levels to be released

ul notice on next level release Players count will Spike for a few days untll those ppl hit 45

and it will go back to how it was untill the next level release in another few weeks

it honestly happends in ANY game

the first few days ppl are hyped and play after a few days the hype wears off

^PRETTY MUCH. It'll go back up this week again.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:19 am

LiftingNerd wrote:
exactly bosses are a huge issue to why xenimus is in its current state

Once bosses are dead pppl go ehhh. why should i be online

they logoff and hope to catch bosses next time

they do this a few times and end up playing other games

a better way would be to have items Found or Pulled from 70 chest only

this way people would hunt to relevel to get gear etc

rather then try to do bosses all the time

Sadly this is right, but our only chance to top tier gear is bosses. I have a greater chance of being struck by lighting than finding a top tier item from monster drops.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next