View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rangers 

So I have been playing one for years and yes when you surprise someone its fun but mostly they lack all over. They have been so nerfed and hurt for hunting leveling and pvp. Is there going to be any changes to them, I have been leveling a ranger and its 65 now. He dies were cloth caster can easy take. If I take more than one beam or player cast spell its almost insta death for me. I don't see how the class is getting any love when a guy 6 levels lower than me is doing kq while i struggle to do the middle part of it. Even with all the AMP I stack I barely hit 35% resist and get one shot beamed or flammaed by random mobs. In pvp anyone can kill me unless i get the drop on them. To stop that any caster can use a spell and instantly know where I am. Even if its not for pvp Rangers need some rework to at lease be able to hunt better. You don't muti in pvp maybe make muti damg vs monsters do way more damg. A 58 dw can one juxta stuff i have to muti 6-8 times. They need to not pull bosses with single shots also. its stupid as a 70 ranger you have to have someone cast a fireball to shoot at while everyone else gets to attack it straight on.

Last edited by Bewareofpenguins on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:31 pm

sorry to say you are probably doing something wrong than

rangers have by FAR the strongest leveling spell ingame once you got the right props

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:51 pm

LiftingNerd wrote:
sorry to say you are probably doing something wrong than

rangers have by FAR the strongest leveling spell ingame once you got the right props

yet there are 0 active rangers in game. I only use mine to farm bags in gh.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:56 pm

[quote="LiftingNerd"]sorry to say you are probably doing something wrong than

rangers have by FAR the strongest leveling spell ingame once you got the right props[/quote]

How is 6-8 mutis vs one juxta a far stronger leveling spell. its nice at low levels but after the 20s it falls off hard

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:59 pm

I’ve tried to tell people about rangers for 4 years now? Nothing is changing pal

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:01 pm

well when i was leveling my last ranger uh.. ´maybe 4-6months ago

i was able to 3multi hds at level 53

at level 60 i was 1-2 shotting them

the trick is to gather up ALOT of them and multishot

sure 1 arrow isnt going to do alot of dmg

but stack up the mobs and it will do TRUCKloads more than any other class

my ranger can 1multi middle hks while their gathered in a group

NO other class ingame can do that

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Just saying my darkwar 1 juxtas middle hks

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:27 pm

My paladin 2 spins them in 50p of gear and no fierce.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Rippy wrote:
Just saying my darkwar 1 juxtas middle hks

no no u dont not without atleast using star twice

what im saying is my ranger doesnt even need to use star to 1 shot them with multi

to make it simple it goes like this

Rangers 1 shot hks gathered in groups
darkwars 2 juxta with around 90-110% fire bonus
Warlocks,wizards can 4-5 flamewind hks with 130+fire and the right spec(easily achivable) flamewind is also alot faster than spin
warriors 3-4spin hks
paladins 3-4spin hks

in EXP per hour tiers would be

undisputed nr 1 Ranger

2 Darkwar/wizard(wellgeared or good player)/warlock(wellgeared or good player)

3 paladins,warriors

4 druids

5 diabolist

6 clerics

and no loki your paladin does not 2 spin hks

even my warrior with 10dmg vexar hammer and 110 str cant 2 spin hks

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:34 pm

The thing with you LiftingNerd... is you see everything around what YOU DO or experience... if you were to start a ranger as a first class ( and I already know what you’re going to say... “rangers aren’t meant to be the first class someone starts with but that’s not a good argument as you should be able to play the class no matter what you have. ) you will struggle. Rangers require either 1) a crap ton of extra gear that you have acquired from another character or 2) extreme skill that 98% of the game does not have.

I think the class should be a lot more player friendly and forgiving. The first thing I would do is lower the cost of MP on everything they have. ( I think every melee should have their Magic Power consumption reduced) this makes rangers require a lot less gear

I also believe ej should scrap intensity and doge and give rangers a new skill that gives them BONUS FRAG / SHOT SPEED /MOVEMENTSPEED. This helps rangers level as they can kite monsters easier, get more FRAG chance (this is crucial because after the exploding arrow change, you needed VWG to be viable on a ranger ) and shot speed to help kill bosses/PK or pvp

I think quivers should be introduced and added to the game, this would give rangers a little bit of their resistance that they desperately need. I also think the quivers would eliminate people from leeching raids as arrows would be removed from game completely. The level of your quiver determines the level of the arrows being used.

I’ve tried telling ej about rangers missing some things but he believes they are fine and maybe they are and we just suck

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next