View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 PvP Server Tester Comments 

I've been playing the test server since I got access to it. I have made a level 16 druid and a level 14 paladin. So far here are some of the things some of us did like and did not.

Pros:
Chest pulls up until about level 12 were AMAZING. They were tradeable items that were actually realllllly good.

Felt really good to be in a fresh server where everyone was near my level, near my gear, same mentality of grinding to that level 40.

I liked that its NOT connected to Xen Prime in ANYWAY. PvP server with it's own DS.

I like that it this may actually have ALOT of potential if implemented correctly.

Hp Regen on lower levels looks to be at a good spot.

Cons
The spawn will NOT be able to support 40 people online at the same time. There is no way you could fit 10-15 people in GY without having to wait forever for spawn.

No one seems to be able to damage each other. Here are some quick videos.
phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]

The chest pulls after level 12 seem to all become NDNT. It was AMAZING to have them come out as tradeable pulls from 1-12. After that, it just didn't feel as rewarding.

If two people are on PvP mode, you can just go enemies afterwards and not lose align. It is essentially the same thing as regular Xen. (Just make it -all or -monsters)

Redos are easy to get. I have 2 redos on my chars and I can do that daily if I wanted. (This comes from the 1-19 dungeon boss quest)

When you die in PvE you drop ALL of your pots. That means you will not be able to save yourself if a monster picks up your stuff. Id keep the full drop to PvP only.

Houses should be disabled for a while. Some people will just create alt accounts and hold onto the houses forever!

Other Notes

Houses should be disabled for a while. Some people will just create alt accounts and hold onto the houses forever!

I'd disable tokens for a while as well. Boosting to 12 will cause a major advantage on mages to just trans/port their characters everywhere. I'd personally give it a week.

I'd keep the chest pulls NDNT to tradeable ratio really low. You should receive more tradeable items to create a nice market straight from the start.

Spawn rate will need a major boost so it can sustain players and keep players online instead of "Ill log on later when no one is online"

Random props from quests is a MUST. I cannot preach this enough. Receiving blank items or the same exact props over and over is deterring. I know you had said you will add it, but before release this will be great.

I would create more Bonus exp per kill quests (like you have in Semel graveyard) to have people stay longer in areas.

Nimbus seem to glitch monsters out from attacking players again, making it easy for players to abuse this in certain areas to get an easier pass in levels, i suggest this also gets looked into.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is all I could think of as I was writing and playing. I'll add more if needed or if any of the other tests post.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Great post! I Think that gear coming with props is very important. It makes the melee characters a lot smoother and actually playable. With no base mp, a warrior at level 11 has 4 Magic Power. You can't do anything with 4 Magic Power.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:19 pm

Something Else to keep in mind for notes - When PvPing at a leveling spot and you die you do lose out on a decent amount of experience. I suggest removing exps lost in general should be removed from the game especially if it's focus on "pvp"mostly, no true point in having players lose out on exps from anything(it's 2018 i haven't seen any game do this beside xenimus, and it's really out dated source to have players not play).

Damage overall from level 1-30 would need to be taken into account players do almost no damage to each other at all, while you pointed out that leveling spots would not hold well for over 40 players I feel like that can be changed if players are able to fight for the areas. However Like i mention above damage in dps in very very low and that needs to be adjusted correctly.

Nimbus seem to glitch monsters out from attacking players again, making it easy for players to abuse this in certain areas to get an easier pass in levels, i suggest this also gets looked into.

I agree with everything else you mention besides tokens being unwanted on the first day. I think it'll benefit everyone to keep it open and see how the severer goes.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:25 pm

You dont lose EXP from PvP fights. Only from deaths from monsters.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:30 pm

i understand people dont want to lose exp but that is ALSO the same group of people loudly advocating for danger. You cant have it both ways really. I for one want no exp lose on pvp but monsters is fine (without lsa).

Sounds pretty fun thus far. I think by removing the HP regen from pvp (once youre in pvp mode) it would help lower lvl pvp as they wont be regening all their hp back in 1 tick.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Xen101 wrote:
The spawn will NOT be able to support 40 people online at the same time. There is no way you could fit 10-15 people in GY without having to wait forever for spawn.

this here is why i made the post regarding making ALL towns viable starting areas

while there should be Conflict for hunting areas and hunting grounds should be contested etc

its not a good thing to have it start way to early (level 1-20ish) 20ish maybe alittle higher but untill then i do strongly believe

that every starter town from t1,t3,t4,t5,t6,t7, solus,dispair, odium

should be able to supply the same starting oppertunities as t1 currently does

Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:52 pm

[quote="Xen101"]You dont lose EXP from PvP fights. Only from deaths from monsters.[/quote]

exactly my point, when you are leveling and get "pked" you do lose out on exps. Check it out when you can

Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:59 pm

[quote="Loki"]i understand people dont want to lose exp but that is ALSO the same group of people loudly advocating for danger. You cant have it both ways really. I for one want no exp lose on pvp but monsters is fine (without lsa).

Sounds pretty fun thus far. I think by removing the HP regen from pvp (once youre in pvp mode) it would help lower lvl pvp as they wont be regening all their hp back in 1 tick.[/quote]

valid point but honestly the idea of experience lost in general is widely outdated for a game like this trying to recapture numbers in terms of players, it'll be enough as it is when a player loses all his drops from a death and the chance of losing an item. Adding experience lost to the mix just makes it pretty silly when leveling going to be an issue down the road just like it always has been for a lot of casual players.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:01 pm

PS the #pvp tests

are a result of the continious nerfs melees recieved while what needed fixing was chaotic/breaker/dispel

and here you have it again same thing happened last new server ej opened

melees were insanily underpowered

now id like to see you do a comparison to Mages doing damage and darkwars(spellcasters)

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:04 pm

LiftingNerd wrote:
this here is why i made the post regarding making ALL towns viable starting areas

while there should be Conflict for hunting areas and hunting grounds should be contested etc

its not a good thing to have it start way to early (level 1-20ish) 20ish maybe alittle higher but untill then i do strongly believe

That would cause the game to appear empty. Not a good solution. The game should progress as you discover towns. I would just buff the spawn / spawn rate and adjust afterwards accordingly.

TrunksOuk wrote:
exactly my point, when you are leveling and get "pked" you do lose out on exps. Check it out when you can

Tested it earlier with Rekt. There was no EXP loss.

Loki wrote:
I think by removing the HP regen from pvp (once youre in pvp mode) it would help lower lvl pvp as they wont be regening all their hp back in 1 tick.

Hp regen is low enough now that you would not be regen it all back up in one tick if the person actually dealt moderate damage.

LiftingNerd wrote:
PS the #pvp tests

are a result of the continious nerfs melees recieved while what needed fixing was chaotic/breaker/dispel

and here you have it again same thing happened last new server ej opened

melees were insanily underpowered

now id like to see you do a comparison to Mages doing damage and darkwars(spellcasters)

The result is exactly the same. The damage from mage to melee is TINY. You literally cannot die to anyone if they are 10 levels in your range at these levels. I will try and capture a video of it.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next