View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 for pvp server Make ALL towns viable starting areas 

[quote="TrunksOuk"] it's a FULL PVP server why in god name are you guys complaining about getting pked at leveling spots if everyone able to do the same crap to each other?

FIRST RULE in XENIMUS if you ever want to be a force and known to other you MAKE A GUILD with a few others OFF the bat, you dont need to know them or anything JUST link up with some people and have each other back this is NO different from any of the other server other then it being FULL PK. If you or anyone else is so worried about how hardcore it can get then maybe this server is NOT for you at all keep that carebear bs on the other server.

I already have a discord/Players from back in the day to join me for Friday IF any of you need people to play with then feel free to msg me i can get something going but this whole carebear crap is where it gotten xenimus to where it is now and why so many begged for an actual pvp server with limited ndnt. Dont ruin it for us when the server hasn't even been out yet. [/quote]

Woah calm down there bud. None of that was implying carebear. Also this server is way more appealing because you dont have people that are already high levels taking over the farming areas. I'm not worried about how hardcore it can get because it will never be as hardcore as it was back 2002-2006 when you had to wait for someone to log out so you can log into a server. All I was implying is how much more other places need to be added and how random towns would be best instead of just t1, or even having to -set.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:42 pm

[quote="El_Fistio"][quote="TrunksOuk"] it's a FULL PVP server why in god name are you guys complaining about getting pked at leveling spots if everyone able to do the same crap to each other?

FIRST RULE in XENIMUS if you ever want to be a force and known to other you MAKE A GUILD with a few others OFF the bat, you dont need to know them or anything JUST link up with some people and have each other back this is NO different from any of the other server other then it being FULL PK. If you or anyone else is so worried about how hardcore it can get then maybe this server is NOT for you at all keep that carebear bs on the other server.

I already have a discord/Players from back in the day to join me for Friday IF any of you need people to play with then feel free to msg me i can get something going but this whole carebear crap is where it gotten xenimus to where it is now and why so many begged for an actual pvp server with limited ndnt. Dont ruin it for us when the server hasn't even been out yet. [/quote]

Woah calm down there bud. None of that was implying carebear. Also this server is way more appealing because you dont have people that are already high levels taking over the farming areas. I'm not worried about how hardcore it can get because it will never be as hardcore as it was back 2002-2006 when you had to wait for someone to log out so you can log into a server. All I was implying is how much more other places need to be added and how random towns would be best instead of just t1, or even having to -set.[/quote]

but we wont know what numbers are intill friday, those are assumption at it's best. The whole town thing is something that can be looked at down the road not something that needs to be addressed.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:05 pm

thing is when 2.0 released there was only 1 town

and we had 50+people trying to do same quest

there just was not enough spawn

so we have already learned that it doesnt work

why repeat same mistake.....

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:12 pm

And we have spoken to ej about bumping the spawn and spawn rate that way. We can have all the pvp while still possibly leveling fast

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:28 pm

You don't drop stuff if you get pked by a higher level. We tested it yesterday VS EJ.. You just die and thats it. So a higher level killing noobs will be just out of pking. Rules still apply to a PvP server. Harassment isn't tolerated.[quote=Xen101]

You don't drop gear if pked by a higher lvl? That will take half the fun out of pvp/pking...and chances of u getting pked by ur lvl or lower r slim to none so that completely gods rid of the danger factor ppl want..

As for the towns I think long term trying to add more starting quests and spawn locations would be beneficial, and I'm sure t1 is going to be a mad house fighting for spawn but I'd say we are too close to implement any changes now.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:19 pm

Frost nova wrote:
You don't drop gear if pked by a higher lvl? That will take half the fun out of pvp/pking...and chances of u getting pked by ur lvl or lower r slim to none so that completely gods rid of the danger factor ppl want..

As for the towns I think long term trying to add more starting quests and spawn locations would be beneficial, and I'm sure t1 is going to be a mad house fighting for spawn but I'd say we are too close to implement any changes now.

That's why we are doing the tests to find the nice amount of damage to kill but still possibly run away. We trying to get ej on discord later so he can talk to us about adjusting it some more.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Yeah but I dont understand y a lower lvl player wouldn't drop gear if pked by a high lvl....even the server now if you aren't wearing a bag and I'm lvl 70 and ur a noob u will drop gear. Its suppose to be a pvp server and pking ppl for pots/gear use to be half the fun. If u get 0 benefit from pking then what is the point?

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:25 pm

It could've been cause we died by EJ but we don't know because we dont have the characters high enough to do those tests.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Xen101 wrote:
And we have spoken to ej about bumping the spawn and spawn rate that way. We can have all the pvp while still possibly leveling fast

problem with that is

then people will get used to that spawnrate

and when ej reduces it people will get pissed(people got pissed in the past when ej removed dynamic spawn)

not to mention servers will lag more

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Why would ej have to reduce it?

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next