View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:58 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 so ej , about daggers n abuse? 

you messed up when u first brought it out and had rangers using it with bow and dagger and shooting insanely fast cuz of 101 agil…

then u took that away from rangers and said they aren't sapose to have it cuz a bow is 2handed...

but any darkwar that goes wolfies spec (2handed) , and has 101 agil with a dagger, brings there att speed to 0.10? and 100-0% hp anyone in game in under a second??

how is that fair? look into hordor? hes been using it since it came out and jus sits in hide and instant drops anyone in game in under a second... can u look into this please? I think u messed up on it somewhere becuz u already get a 10% increase in speed with wolfies period. then u add dagger with another 14% and 101 agil it makes no sense how its fair.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:00 am

I agree with the 2handed claws and daggers. Adds too much lethal, attack speed, damage stacking.

Dagger props should be capped at like 3-4 props max or be halved.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:04 am

Rangers are really terrible, if he adjusts it, rangers should get someone benefits and get to use it again. probably not with same amount of bonuses.
Rangers only purpose is for lvling. Some stacked with gear pk on them somewhat, usually just surprise pk mainly.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:40 pm

I'm kinda annoyed too tbh completely agree with the darkwar situation but easy fix...

Wolf blades = 2handed

Rangers bow = 2handed
Make it no daggers with blades it's pretty obvious..

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:17 am

pallies would still be able to use them if they are 2handed. so don't forget to make them not be able to wear them also. the only class that should be able to wear claws+off hand is warlocks.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:37 am

i guess this will not be looked into. just watched 1 darkwak in dirus claws+ dagger take out 5 players all at once.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:59 pm

Honestly I Don't really mind it, the darkwar is spending a sh*t ton of pots fighting. If he wants to spend a sh1t ton of gold then so be it. I'm fine with knowing he's medding every hit.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:24 pm

at once? highly unlikely. what is everyone wearing because you are comparing one of the chars if the best of everything vs people in lvl 30 rings. and I only say that about the rings because that's what you seem to say every time he kills you.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:29 pm

So since this post is about me, I will reply and do my best to give an objective response. I will not say that claws and daggers are not over powered, but I will make a few mild arguments that suggest it is not as strong as people think. So the idea is that Hodor (me) is instantly killing a lot of people. Even very geared people that think they should be above being pked. My general consensus is that this is xenimus, and if you're in pvp mode, then you're subject to being killed like anyone else (including myself).

1) Are claws and daggers overpowered?
* ehhhh, sort of... maybe? I'm not really sure... What everyone sees is me destroying everyone. And from the outside it does look glamorous, but in reality I am spending 3-5 times as much on pots as anyone else. Maybe no time in xenimus history have we ever seen the generally accepted strongest person in the game be so susceptible to being killed by anyone. Literally anyone. There a lot of people on a lot of different classes with VERY little gear that have beat me in pvp. One popular example is Corfive, sure I may beat him most of the time, but simply because he has noxa I can die to his noxa alone before he can even react to me ganking him. I don't think this is a fun and interactive "counter" to squishy darkwar ganking. It is effective though. A lot of warriors, pallys, wizards with little gear have been able to beat me. People that are commonly destroyed by the average player. Hell even Loki has killed hodor on Thor.
So is it OP if the strongest player in the game can be killed by Thor?

2) Why is there not more people doing it?
* I am admittedly pretty wealthy in game, but I'm not so wealthy that I'm the only one that can afford a 15plat set of claws, and some vvs. I've seen a bunch of people with more gear than me try claws and daggers. You don't see them running around with them on, or killing anyone with them. The fact is that it's not easy. If you don't beleive me gear a ranger up with melee gear and go attack anyone. If you have the basic items you will be as tanky as hodor, and you can see what happens when Wizards beam you twice. You die. There is an EXTREME trade off for the damage that I get.

3) Should this type of damage be allowed?
* My general thought on games are, the more options and the more custom you can make things the better. I love choices! I have a 70 of every class, and I enjoy having them different builds so that I can efficiently do different things. I love that I can make a character that is by design suppose to be a high damage, low health/tanky character that pks people. I love that I can build him in such a way that I can forgo all forms of defense and spec full offense and it's viable. I also like that I could forgo some offensive power, gain defensive power and it feel like a different character. If I were to wear shield and sword I would still kill everyone, although slower, but I would never die to lower geared players. Claws are just more efficient at ganking and pking which is what I'm enjoying right now.

4) Other thoughts.
* I made a post before the last time someone brought this topic up. I outlined some of my general thoughts on the idea. I think this spec/build/whatever is far different than anything we've seen in a while. It's similar to when rangers started using bows. Everyone thought rangers were broken. Even I did until I made one and realized how easily countered and killed they were. I don't think people should jump to have this removed just because they don't understand it. I urge everyone to try it! I think it's a ton of fun, and if you have success with it that's great. I will not outline every weakness of the build as to have everyone directly counter me, but if you have an open mind and are willing to learn the new playstyle it is fun.
And don't be fooled playing with claws is xenimus on hard mode. It's very difficult, but very rewarding. As I think it should be with any high risk there should be an equal high reward ratio.
Options are never a bad thing. I would love to see other types of things like this added to give variety in the way people approach the game. Seeing everyone with the same build, the same gear, and the same playstyle isn't fun. Rest in Peace likes to use a bow, I like to use claws, and oggy like to use a shield. They're all viable and they all work. Each combination has it's benefits and it's negatives.

Also please don't assume to know my stats, skills, or gear set up. I assure you it's not what you think and everything I have on that character is through trial and error to determine the best build possible.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:25 am

Great post Haslox. Very well written. People tend to only focus on the fact that you are killing them and don't think about anything else. People in xen are dumb.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:40 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next