View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:52 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 All agility builds 

I don't fully understand why this is a thing. It seems the only logical melee build is all agility. I've tried several different builds to compete with the all agil characters, but nothing seems to come close. I can't do damage to someone i can't hit at all(61 agil svov 3 warriors mf)(also increased to 71 agil to try to get closer) all to no avail. This pretty much does away with"building"a character. You level to 70 than dump all your points into one stat? I guess I'll just respec and join the rest of the game in the all agil meta that has come to xen.

Wed May 23, 2018 10:12 pm

I don't want full spin PvP back. I like the agi builds.

I got to agree with thrash that a str build should be a thing.

Perhaps cons adding rage needs to be improved. It would make cons more useful and a little more rage might help the str builds.

I always thought of a Pally and a Ranger in melee combat. The ranger's Agi and lethal VS the Pally's Str/Con Rage.

Tweek rage skill? Great point to bring up either way. There was a point where only str made sense. Don't want that either :lol:

Wed May 23, 2018 10:21 pm

3 reasons why all Agility builds are a thing:

1. The restructure made it so that gear are far more important than stats by a very large margin. The only thing Strength is really used for anymore is leveling with spin, and for gaining points in certain skills. Only low level gear, and bows, have Strength requirements.

2. Someone whined and whined about how one skill (spin) being overpowered, and EJ ended up nerfing the Strength stat in to the ground in order to fix the problem.

3. EJ noticed that people were stacking a single stat and added diminishing returns on every stat. To make it even better Agility speed bonuses (29,34,39,45,50,61,etc), unlike the already pitiful damage bonus from strength, are not affected by diminishing returns; only the hit/def portion of that stat is.

tl;dr Weapons are OP, Agility is the only truly useful stat by itself, Strength damage bonuses are negligible, and Constitution is a dump stat for extra points.

Wed May 23, 2018 10:38 pm

+1 this needs to be changed . There are ZERO diminishing returns on agility builds and u can go 110 agility 19 str and do massive dmg still,espcially as a ranger/dw due to higher lethal.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:24 pm
Agil should have zero impact on damage. Otherwise it creates boring builds.

As it stands strength only effects spin damage and little to no impact on melee hits. Problem is with low agil you even get blocked by mages...

Stats for me need a lot of reworking but just changing agil wont work. Need to make hit damage based on strength as a starter

Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:42 pm

This used to be balanced pre gear restructure... People had diverse and interesting builds. maybe backtrack a bit on all the stat nerfs over the last few years and squish the gear damage and protection. Otherwise you might as well implement a system like wow where everyone has the same stats (this would be extremely boring).

In my opinion Stats should matter as much if not more than gear (strength and weapon damage should balance each other out).

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:31 pm

I would probably play a melee character sometime if there were alternative builds to play with. Would make respec potion more valuable if there were only 1 or 2 pure dump stats for any class.

I don't have as refined opinion as everyone else here on the gear though, I've been in and out of the community for about 12 years.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 pm

Agil WILL always affect damage because its swing speed. No getting around that at all! But strength does need to be fixed 100%

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:52 pm

cons is useless too don't forget - stats generally need a serious look at

Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:07 am

Start by adding diminishing returns to all agil builds at like 70, same as str. Same to intelligence and ALL stats really.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:26 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next