View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Cost of a 2nd server? 
Loki wrote:
No to removing gear levels. In the old days a level 50 can equip MAX GEAR items (for that era) and destroy a character 10-15 levels higher in less gear.

That should never be the case.

Equip levels were put for A reason.

Game was a lot more fun and inclusive when everyone over 40 could partake in PvP.
Now that levels mean so much if feels like a level 50 in full vexar gear would be 2 hit by a level 60 in ominex gear

Sun May 27, 2018 11:52 pm

Goldmine wrote:
Loki wrote:
No to removing gear levels. In the old days a level 50 can equip MAX GEAR items (for that era) and destroy a character 10-15 levels higher in less gear.

That should never be the case.

Equip levels were put for A reason.

Game was a lot more fun and inclusive when everyone over 40 could partake in PvP.
Now that levels mean so much if feels like a level 50 in full vexar gear would be 2 hit by a level 60 in ominex gear

level 40s can partake in pvp. Go pvp level 40s.

level 50s pvp lvl 50s.....

NO REASON a level 40 or 50 should think he should be in the same room with a level 65 or 70...

Sun May 27, 2018 11:53 pm

"NO REASON a level 40 or 50 should think he should be in the same room with a level 65 or 70..."

100% agree with Loki there.

BUT...

It would be nice to see a minimum damage. For example, if 10 people are beaming someone at once, it seems unrealistic to take almost no damage.

A level 70 mass PKer being beamed by 10 people should take some damage. That's how PKers can get half the server chasing them. Yes, Level 70 should be untouchable to one level 40 player, or 2, or 3, etc.

A min damage of x% in PvP though would mean if they were surrounded by 10 vengeful noobs all beaming their PKer at once, they would have a chance.

I don't know the solution. Is 10% min damage? That's 10 really low levels teaming on a 70 to drop them. Maybe it's 5% and it takes 20 people beaming them at once. Maybe it's none of those examples; but, it would be neat to explore the idea.

Mon May 28, 2018 2:19 am
all very well saying you should pvp your level but unless the population is 50+ online at any one moment there are not going to be many around! That is unless EJ uses a level cap to slowly progress the game and keeps everyone bunched together

Mon May 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Honestly I would come back if this happened. Not because of pvp but because I loved this game when you could mark and clear the same place twice. I believe it would give more diverse hunting routes for mages who could setup marks that way, and could help bridge the hunting gap between fighters and mages.

Mon May 28, 2018 4:18 pm

First time back on the boards in years but if this happened I would return to the game. I desperately miss the rush of old pvp, and i need to have the chance of loosing items to get that.

I'm also not a fan of the level system at the moment - when i quit there were never enough players in your level to pvp against if you were in the mid ranges and there was no balance (this is after the restructure).

I think character ability should be based more on stats than level therefore you should be able to compete with higher levels whilst they still retain an advantage due to more skill points. I miss the days of interesting builds. Otherwise it would suck being 1 shotted constantly.

I wont hold my breath as this was asked for before but i really cant see the harm in doing this. If as Loki says there are only a handful of people wanting this then the old server wont be affected by losing those players for a testing month. where as on the other hand it could bring some numbers back.

Mon May 28, 2018 8:51 pm

just use the arena, and make it:

100% inventory drop
100% equipped gear drop

there is your danger and you reward.

Thu May 31, 2018 7:34 pm
mrcrabby wrote:

100% inventory drop
100% equipped gear drop

Lol some people just have no idea!!! :D

Stick to your pve server mate, nobody will bother you there!

Thu May 31, 2018 8:40 pm

mrcrabby wrote:

100% inventory drop
100% equipped gear drop

+1

Thu May 31, 2018 10:37 pm
Loki wrote:
mrcrabby wrote:

100% inventory drop
100% equipped gear drop

+1

+1 to what Loki? On one side you are now supporting a new pvp server and on the other the above which completes misses the whole point of "danger". Or are you just trolling?

Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next