View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Trans Huntings spots for mages Lvl 62-70? besides HDs. 

Yeah i like how EJ is making all the monsters harder with more damage and stuff it makes it fun, but the exp is staying the same and that doesnt really seem right to me.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:48 pm

+1 to this. Would love to have some decent hunting spots. I gave up on my 64 warlock as its painful and not fun to hunt. Decided to work on a cleric instead.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:15 am

Exactly I logged on today and found I was burning through meds, where I never use them.

EJ and his fantastical never unending backwards programming shenanigans. (yet he denies this over and over and over) Then why is it we eternally hunt in the same leveling spots?

I mean come on. In the start you could be level 7 and hunt east. Now you have to be in your 20's.
Left the game hunting hard demons. Came back to leveling them for a dozen or more levels.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:09 am

Def agree that another leveling area for mages needs to be added.

12mil per hour is brutal when you need 200mil to level.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:58 am

I'm honestly okay with making 12-15m an hour. This game has always been a grindfest but hunting things either well below your level or well above in a non trans area isn't fun. Luckily I'd found an area to get me from mid 50s to 60+ without using HDs but the XP gets a tad worse each level.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:12 pm

Focus on this more Ej. lol Death bug is least of our worries.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:06 pm

I can make 26 million an hour on a 45cleric and 17 million an hour on a 60 wizard.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:30 pm

I can make 77 million for about 3 seconds, then the math catches back up.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:47 pm

especially with GREAT QUEST that MOST of the area for there are non trans so it kind of easier to do it on melees than mages. (cron area/dks area( the boss)/warrior boss(gavin or w.e) as well as the hks are in non trans areas.

would be neat if ej added more trans spots and added a Queens Quest similar style but trans spots for mages. And you could do either or both but need more trans mage spots for sure.

Reporting pm spammers.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:51 am

Melee's can make 50+ mil/hour while mages are at 15-20 mil/hour and it is just silly.

Does ej not realize that mages can barely pve in non-trans areas and 112% cannot pvp there, while non-mages just spirit run to skip through packs of mobs etc for checking bosses while mages cannot and must fight their way through everything at walking speed or face being spam-dispelled. I have always been an advocate for the removal of all non-trans areas, to replace this anti-fun mechanic with actual fun mechanics which can already be found in some areas of the game. Things like mini bosses and/or drop wall puzzles to stop people skipping content to reach the end of dungeons.

The whole xp-throttling system is a ridiculously bad workaround for a core issue which is simply ignored. It was added to prevent all the high level characters hunting the lower level mobs which was going on simply because it was better xp/hour to hunt there than when hunting higher level mobs. The core issue was that there were(and still are) no good mage hunting spots at higher level and that the lower level hunting spots were simply better designed and/or tuned specifically for non-mages only(i.e. Hell Knights). The correct fix for this was to add higher level areas with faster and denser spawn.

Fighting a couple of hard mobs at a time is great fun as a team and is perfect gameplay when at raids but when soloing players simply don't want that gameplay 100% of the time. When hunting solo players like to feel powerful and blast down tonnes of mobs really quickly - that's where the fun is with pve, in having both types of gameplay. So that players can have their difficult pve challenge as well as the easy mindless farm of 1000's of mobs where the challenge is how fast you can mow down as many mobs as possible. This is also the reason not a single player agrees with the anti-mob-gathering features such as mobs casting synchronized flammas, and most new players need it explaining to them that this feature is not a bug but a feature...

Basic psychology as well that the numbers could easily be tweaked so that leveling took the same amount of time, so that there would be no difference in lvling time than it currently takes but so that people's xp/hour didn't go DOWN as they leveled higher. This change would stop players feeling frustrated and angry as they level up watching their xp/hour drop every level. Part of the reason for this is again a lack of good hunting spots at higher level combined with the badly designed xp-throttelling system.

The same problem exists with mob leash ranges, all leash ranges should be at LEAST anywhere within the same dungeon and definitely not only a couple of screens which is way too short and very annoying/anti-fun.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next