View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:00 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 STRANGE SERVER PROBLEM 
Site Admin

So this happened again! I thought it was an isolated thing but it appears something else is wrong.

I did an update to help fix this that does 2 things.

1. Your players are now backed up hourly instead of daily so much less work will be lost.

2. I added some tracking programming that will let me know if there is a data corruption. I know the general area that it is happening. If you notice this happen again let me know right away so I can check the tracking data and get back to the best hourly backup.

Sorry about this, I will have it fixed asap, it is my highest priority right now.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:54 pm

I know this isn't priority and it doesn't matter to me because I can't do it anyway. But will hourly back ups effect wealth calculations on the kings quest?

Like if a player gets an item they don't need they will only have an hour to sell it ?

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:07 pm

EJ I just gotta ask, because I know many people have talked about it since this happened a few days back and I'm sure it will be brought up again.

Is there a reason why you are un-willing to offer your community a small compensation for the inconvenience, this is the 2nd time now yet we are just now coming up with a solution to stop it(1 hour backups).

EVERY single MMO game would offer a small compensation.

Exp boost would be nice. I don't really think that's asking much man. Or not, whatever.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:14 am

So entitled for compensation. Suck it up. Crap happens.

We had entire wipes in the day (2 at least that I recall). We lost nearly a weeks XP a few times. Deal with it and just grind for an hour or six.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:36 am

[quote="danjr"]So entitled for compensation. Suck it up. Crap happens.

We had entire wipes in the day (2 at least that I recall). We lost nearly a weeks XP a few times. Deal with it and just grind for an hour or six.[/quote]

thing is in pretty much ALL other games ive played

IF similar things happend to disrupt players day

devs tend to give them some type of "compensation"

be it double exp for few hours or what not

im not saying this is needed or anything

BUT it would sure make some ppl happy and not so annoyed

that they just got rolled back etc

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:43 am

I never said entitled, take it any way you want it wasn't meant to be a shot at EJ.

He's talking about steam release, we are trying to move forward not look back at the past at what has happened we should learn from that.

EJ doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do, I've been around long enough to know that and it's his game I respect his decisions.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:57 am

well he has been pushing a lot of new material and updates into the game rather quickly I see no need for a compensation at this point personally I mean no matter what u give ppl they will always be hungry for more we should be happy with what improvements we have gotten so rapidly back to back vs all the years of not much.

should be supporting ej at this point and stop asking or demanding compensation that's just silly.

continue to toss out ideas sure help him find fixes but stop the silliness

difference is with other mmo's and the compensation is they have a steady system running and ej and all of us are still working this one if it was an average day of play in a steady game yes compensation would make sense as an apology or whatever but that's not the case here this game is still being worked on and its our job to report and help

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:47 pm

sapper wrote:
well he has been pushing a lot of new material and updates into the game rather quickly I see no need for a compensation at this point personally I mean no matter what u give ppl they will always be hungry for more we should be happy with what improvements we have gotten so rapidly back to back vs all the years of not much.

should be supporting ej at this point and stop asking or demanding compensation that's just silly.

continue to toss out ideas sure help him find fixes but stop the silliness

difference is with other mmo's and the compensation is they have a steady system running and ej and all of us are still working this one if it was an average day of play in a steady game yes compensation would make sense as an apology or whatever but that's not the case here this game is still being worked on and its our job to report and help

No, what's silly is you pulling up a dead thread to start an argument. I said my part and I didn't see many people disagree so I'm assuming that what I said wasn't really being silly after all, more so being on point with where the direction of the game is heading.

If you are too silly to understand that the game is heading towards a steam release and that small compensations after situations like this are something EJ will have to deal with then I guess that's your problem not mine.

Or maybe you should also consider all the times EJ didn't offer small compensations. Then consider where the games population is now. Still seem silly? I'm sure it does to you, you don't strike me as the type of person to keep an open mind.

You may all think it's about being entitled or asking to better benefit my own chars but you couldn't be further from the truth. I want nothing more than to see people continue playing, more players returning, and new players logging on for the first time. That will never happen unless we stop this backwards thinking that what happened in the past should reflect on current situations. That my friend, is truly silly.

I've supported EJ for 18 years. I know for a fact you haven't been here for a solid 18. Quitting and selling out multiple times a year will do that. I don't think you know what supporting EJ really means.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:32 pm

ok now forums isn't the place for heated arguments and as for pulling up a dead threat it was at the top of my forums list when I loaded up forums so I dunno what u mean there but if its gonna get so personal for you like this I wont reply and maybe you should ask for a lock or delete on this topic if you don't want anyone to continue sharing what there ideas are sense yours apparently is the only one that needs to be heard

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:38 pm

sapper wrote:
ok now forums isn't the place for heated arguments and as for pulling up a dead threat it was at the top of my forums list when I loaded up forums so I dunno what u mean there but if its gonna get so personal for you like this I wont reply and maybe you should ask for a lock or delete on this topic if you don't want anyone to continue sharing what there ideas are sense yours apparently is the only one that needs to be heard

Sorry I hurt your feelings?

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:41 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next