View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:20 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 what a raid leecher is and what can we do about it? 

so is someone who just got 65-70 with 0 raid gear a leecher? I'm sure 10 out of 10 of you will say yes but everyone has been there and the chances of that person to get a item is slim to none. so you will continue to see said "leecher" at a raid using a bow because he dies in 1 hit even with a vish. this is why we need a better loot system at raids because I have 3 lvl 70s with 0 raid gear and go often and time after time I get 0 items no matter what I do and on what char I'm on. this is why people NEED to get at least something from the raids to work towards a piece of gear. and every time something is wrong people are quick to blame the poor. and its also so crazy seeing the same people get items raid after raid and they just put the items in storg because they do not need them

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 am

assgoblin wrote:
so is someone who just got 65-70 with 0 raid gear a leecher? I'm sure 10 out of 10 of you will say yes but everyone has been there and the chances of that person to get a item is slim to none. so you will continue to see said "leecher" at a raid using a bow because he dies in 1 hit even with a vish. this is why we need a better loot system at raids because I have 3 lvl 70s with 0 raid gear and go often and time after time I get 0 items no matter what I do and on what char I'm on. this is why people NEED to get at least something from the raids to work towards a piece of gear. and every time something is wrong people are quick to blame the poor. and its also so crazy seeing the same people get items raid after raid and they just put the items in storg because they do not need them

+1 I would like ej to go check everyone's storage count how many characters have 25 NDNT dd items and how many 70s have 0-5 ndnt dd items stored. That will show him enough about 10 nerds monopolizing ALL raids because they never log off.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:27 am

assgoblin wrote:

If said level 65-70 has 0 gear he shouldn't be walking into the only end-game zone and expecting to walk away with end-game gear. We don't need better loot system at raids we need better loot system from mobs to help casual players and hardcore players alike gear up so they ALL can do raids.

And don't claim you can't do raids at 65 with no gear because I know 100% for a fact you can start tanking any boss at 65 with diabolic plate/baraw helm/diab shield/imex gloves/VM's. Then use a Vishi+GP and be tank spec, I did it at 65 on my Warrior and on my pally. I tanked all bosses in game other than quon/linay with that exact setup at 65. And it only got easier once I hit 70.

Also I'd like to point out I have not gotten a single drop from a raid in over 4 months. That's just how it goes.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:27 am

Zannah wrote:
And don't claim you can't do raids at 65 with no gear because I know 100% for a fact you can start tanking any boss at 65 with diabolic plate/baraw helm/diab shield/imex gloves/VM's. Then use a Vishi+GP and be tank spec, I did it at 65 on my Warrior and on my pally. I tanked all bosses in game other than quon/linay with that exact setup at 65. And it only got easier once I hit 70.

Yeah melees are fine then. Why do people keep saying they cant do DD when they can tank bosses at 65 in 20plat of gear? I was doing the same on THOR in same setup (except I had ndnt dirus armor ) and tanmked vbross/grim/nath (with heals)/spider. Only ones that hurt were cron and never tried linay/quon because theyre useless.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:35 am

I think it would help if melee dps could participate more than just shooting arrows. Some sort of aggro system or taunt skill would help.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:47 am

ive seen loki "tank" and it was just dying over and over again. so try again lol and I haven't seen anyone in basic gear with no raid gear tank a boss in I don't know how long. but I can agree there needs to be a better loot system for regular mobs but this isn't the post to discuss that this is about raids/leeching,

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 am

Loki wrote:
Zannah wrote:

Yeah melees are fine then. Why do people keep saying they cant do DD when they can tank bosses at 65 in 20plat of gear? I was doing the same on THOR in same setup (except I had ndnt dirus armor ) and tanmked vbross/grim/nath (with heals)/spider. Only ones that hurt were cron and never tried linay/quon because theyre useless.

Not sure what you're getting at, you're saying you can tank bosses w/ heals and because of that melee's are fine in bottom and top DD hunting mobs?

Also I'd like to point out that it is NOT EASY to do this at 65 but it is very well possible. You basically spam med the whole time but that does not change the fact that it's possible to TANK.

Now on the other hand going DD on a melee is a completely different story. You can't stand there and spam meds AND deal damage to kill mobs at the same time. You are swinging at bosses vs. trying to multi against mobs. Completely different scenario Loki.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:50 am

Feral Child wrote:
I think it would help if melee dps could participate more than just shooting arrows. Some sort of aggro system or taunt skill would help.

Thats another funny part. These 2 are talking about leeching but 90% of the paladins/dws/warriors in game are "leeching" by using a ranger bow and shooting from the sidelines without doing anything to participate, even the ones who are talking against leeches.

They don't mention it because most of their link uses bows from the side while 1 melee tanks (the most geared one).

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:52 am

Loki wrote:
Feral Child wrote:

Thats another funny part. These 2 are talking about leeching but 90% of the paladins/dws/warriors in game are "leeching" by using a ranger bow and shooting from the sidelines without doing anything to participate, even the ones who are talking against leeches.

They don't mention it because most of their link uses bows from the side while 1 melee tanks (the most geared one).

Well bows are a bit of a different story, I think EJ needs to change how bows work at bosses personally.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:57 am

I think leeching on a fig type is when they just sit there and flamma. honestly who wants a tank that will die 3+ times a raid to where the boss starts killing the dps (possibly making them lose their glowies).
and if I'm on my warr and lose fw I cant just lay dead till my fw is back up and we all know warrs without fw are useless. and most of the time people just don't say on wc hey we are going to go to such and such boss so get ready so most of the time I don't got 2x sets of meds on hand and vish/glowies on me.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next