View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:22 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 what a raid leecher is and what can we do about it? 

[quote="Xen101"]It isn't hard to stand there on a mage and cast two keys.. while on a non-tank you use a bow and arrow.. and then pop on Vish on a melee tank..[/quote]

pulling your weigh means bringing DPS rings not vis animus rings(waiting for mp regain) using white pots, using fierce

hell every raid i go im pretty much the only one to ever use whites, fierce

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:36 pm

Because it was already said... You only focus on yourself lol Thats why you only notice yourself.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Pretty sure that's why ej made the point system if you focus on just killing the boss and getting more points than those "leechers" you shouldn't have anything to worry about on another note I really don't even like the raid system myself to be honest certain groups seem to consistently get the boss kills and after working all day you log on to all the raids being finished already but it is what it is

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:40 pm

rexor wrote:

Pretty sure that's why ej made the point system if you focus on just killing the boss and getting more points than those "leechers" you shouldn't have anything to worry about +1

on another note I really don't even like the raid system myself to be honest certain groups seem to consistently get the boss kills and after working all day you log on to all the raids being finished already but it is what it is

+1 which is why most of us finally want to bring change to the raid system so we know when its going to be and can plan around it

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:46 pm

[quote="rexor"]Pretty sure that's why ej made the point system if you focus on just killing the boss and getting more points than those "leechers" you shouldn't have anything to worry about on another note I really don't even like the raid system myself to be honest certain groups seem to consistently get the boss kills and after working all day you log on to all the raids being finished already but it is what it is[/quote]

it doesnt work rexor i know people who have showed up at 20-30% of a bosses remaning health and gotten items on MULTIPLE occasions
and ive had it happen to me once so i know for a fact it can happen

now his point system may work the way he designed it

but it doesnt stop people from waiting to the last 20-30% and getting the item

it might lower or increase your dropchance by your performance and DPS etc or heals

but it doesnt affect it by a high enough amount to deter players from "leeching"

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:46 pm

well I dont know what else to say then, I mean ej has alot on his plate right now I think with 2 games and a job an overhaul of the raid system may be what players want but ej has voiced in the past he seems to like it the way it is and probably would take alot of time to reprogram it atm. You can't win them all.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:39 pm

very true

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:41 pm

I have an issue with players that ruin raids and/or that come and are basically AFK. Even if your DPS is poor you should be doing what you can.

Making the raid areas PK is not a good idea, it will just make the rich richer and the gap in wealth exponential. People don't want to play a game that they have no possibility in catching up or at least staying status quo with other nominally geared players.

The best idea I have seen so far is having players receive tokens per boss kill which they can save up for the purchase of a NDNT reward.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm

I've always liked the idea of individual loot rolls tbh, each player having a chance of loot rather than boss having a chance to dish out a random item. I doubt itl stop certain people camping bosses but it's a start. You would obviously have to have a certaint level of activity to register for a personal loot rolln to stop people hitting once and afking.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 pm

The real issue here isn't leechers, that will happen, it's harassment of players and people being petty over bosses. EJ put this system in place him self and the only person with any power to make changes is EJ. Deny it all you want but if this game was 10x bigger the issues that are being talked about would be still be brought up, these ARE real issues and if a small player base of 20 people can identify it then imagine how crazy things would be with a bigger population, considering the current raid system is barely sustaining 20 players right now. The system in place atm worked when people didn't have gear over ilvl 80. It seems the community is in agreement that the current raid system needs an over haul in some way.

If you ask me I personally think most of you are denying half the requests on these forums over personal grudges, because I see a lot of you contradict your selves in separate posts just because someone you didn't like made the thread you have to disagree with it? That's petty af.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next