View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:03 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 what a raid leecher is and what can we do about it? 

DEFINITION OF A LEECHER

Number 1
someone whos willing to camp said boss for hours on end just to leech a boss they cannot get to or do with their guild or by themselves

Number 2
Not willing to supply the main bosskillers with pots or gold for a chance for free gear

Number 3
horrible attitude thinking their entitled to it even if they are unable to do it
just because its a anti pk zone and people cant do anything about it

Number 4
a group of players or people who would be unable to kill the boss
If the main raiders decided to leave and who just camp the boss
waiting for the main raiders to kill it for them

Now what can be done to prevent these joykillers from ruining Raiding experience
discuss

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Why not just do good for the community and help out? Whether its an enemy or not.. You're helping Xen outside of just posting stuff on boards..

That "This person does XXX so I'm ok" mentally needs to stop eventually. Because Xenimus will never grow with the way people in this game think.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:03 pm

on first hand what i can think of is full pvp zone

but this will come with a bunch of whining so thats not doable

Setting up raids to give players individual loot is another way to go

that way players loot arent affected by other players being there

xen101 if you want people to work together

perhaps the game should be setup in a way so its favorable to work together.....
right now it isnt

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:04 pm
making it pk was one way but that was removed,

then of course the idea of instancing was also brought up which would stop the leechers from coming in and proper groups could be setup

other idea would be some sort of voting system where people at the boss can vote to send a player out of the dungeon if a certain percentage of players at the boss all vote to kick them out if they aren't pulling their weight?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Thanks for this post and allowing this discussion to be had. My take on it.
LiftingNerd wrote:
DEFINITION OF A LEECHER

Number 1
someone whos willing to camp said boss for hours on end just to leech a boss they cannot get to or do with their guild or by themselves

Number 2
Not willing to supply the main bosskillers with pots or gold for a chance for free gear

Number 3
horrible attitude thinking their entitled to it even if they are unable to do it
just because its a anti pk zone and people cant do anything about it

Number 4
a group of players or people who would be unable to kill the boss
If the main raiders decided to leave and who just camp the boss
waiting for the main raiders to kill it for them

1.Then fix the SYSTEM in which someone needs to camp to EVER see bosses because set guilds have them timed because they play for hours on end.
2. The main boss killer already does the most dps. So less geared people should supply the MOST geared with pots so they can out dps them and get MORE gear? lol
3.stop being entitled and horrible attitude to people and they wont act the same way towards you?
4.you can see the system could be better when there are "main raiders" in the game and everyone else is unable to kill bosses without those "main raiders"
My post I made will fix that by allowed casual players and everyone else to all be online when bosses will spawn and work together to kill them.

Is that what the "main raiders" are afraid of?

Also voting someone out of a raid? Even if not in your guild? Nice so if a guild has 10 players and 3 others from an opposite guild show up they can just kick them out after the boss is near death?

We can certainly brainstorm more ideas to make raid bosses better for everyone so that leeching doesnt need to occur huh? p.s. EJ added a POINTS system where you need to dps/heal/buff etc to gain points to be qualified for even getting loot. So what leeching do you speak about?

Last edited by Loki on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:13 pm
Xen101 wrote:
Why not just do good for the community and help out? Whether its an enemy or not.. You're helping Xen outside of just posting stuff on boards..

That "This person does XXX so I'm ok" mentally needs to stop eventually. Because Xenimus will never grow with the way people in this game think.

because no one wants to carry people through where one group of people are putting down the pots/gold to kill the boss and some other people are showing up and just being there to collect free loot without putting there fair share of the bill. its pretty much common sense that most people are not going to like this especially for someone they dont like. i mean i really dont care about helping an enemy when i ran im not a fan of captain and company but when they were there actually helping and stuff on the way to raids i would revive them and drop LSA's for them because they were doing their part but there ae certain people that go and just try to troll and collect free loot and even brag about leeching the raids ad no one wants to carry those people. the bad part is that this game has been changed over the years to make it easier for said people to thrive.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:18 pm

Mantra wrote:
because no one wants to carry people through where one group of people are putting down the pots/gold to kill the boss and some other people are showing up and just being there to collect free loot without putting there fair share of the bill.

Good. Then making it spawn MORE with set timers means YOU DONT HAVE TO CARRY those people because they will have MORE THAN ONE opportunity to get bosses and can do bosses on THEIR OWN term without you?

The way its set up now, it spawns once a day and when you see a guild going, you have NO choice but to go or wait 12-24 hours for it to spawn again randomly? While youre at work/school and the same people kill it again?

Clearly you can see the issue most of us have with the current system.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:20 pm

Things like that only happen because of maturity. Da fuq comes raids sometimes and theres not a single QQ from our link at all...

but god forbid Captain crew shows up anywhere lol.. It can't be that hard to get over things.. It's a game.. its not THAT serious.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:31 pm

maybe because dafuk pulls their weight...

while you bring a bunch of people that dont
not gonna mention any names but you know who you are

just food for thought

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:32 pm

It isn't hard to stand there on a mage and cast two keys.. while on a non-tank you use a bow and arrow.. and then pop on Vish on a melee tank..

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:34 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next