View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:25 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Bosses on Set Timers 

After talking with a bunch of people in game and on discord, Im making this post.

Is it possible to set DD bosses on SET Timers.
Example:
They spawn at:

8am EST
3pm EST
11:59pm EST

So players can basically be prepared to log in and know they spawn around these times so If I can only play 1-2 hours a day, I can find a boss.
At the moment the same 6 people do 100% of the bosses every single day every single time.
Ej even you said it that you noticed the SAME guild doing all the bosses during the xmas event.

How are casual players supposed to get a boss when people who never log off kill all of them non stop because they dont log off? lol

Also 3 times a day ensures players in opposite parts of the world get an attempt at bosses as well regardless of time zone.

If a boss is up and its not killed when it is due to spawn, it just respawns new.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:35 pm

this also allows leechers to know exactly what times to camp... infront of dungeons....

if anything give it some wiggleroom

lets say boss can spawn 1-4 hour diffrence 3-4 times aday

Last edited by LiftingNerd on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:36 pm

LiftingNerd wrote:
this also allows leechers to know exactly what times to camp... infront of dungeons....

doesnt matter. They wont be on all time zones so you can do it your own time zone. Leechers already do that now.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Yes, will be perfect for the casual players to actually know when to logg on and not have to play 16 hours a day to have a chance to get bosses.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:42 pm

best for casual players would be

1 of these 2

Instant spawning bosses where characters receive a 24hour Lootcooldown after killing boss

or

instancing the raids

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:44 pm

well most those leachers are people who have jobs and spend what time they do have on xen trying to catch a boss I know one person whos only seen 3 raids poor guy lol I agree that some sort of time should be set for atleast 1 or 2 for those guys

I'm disabled so I get to sit at home and grind all day to pass time it really isn't fair to a lot of folks......I mean bosses are mostly empty sept 1 anyways so maybe double spawn them if not have a set time

by empty I mean I do not count dispel axe or white potion as a drop.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Something has to change with the way bosses are done now,

As it stands I'm LUCKY if I can actually be on when a boss is on, as it stands 1 guild is doing 90% of the bosses 90% of the time.

Something like this will help all of xenimus.
What is a leacher? If your referring to someone who wants a shot at an item but doesn't have the friends or ability to do it then I would fall into that category. I put in my work as much as I can at a boss and everyone that goes puts in work.

EVERYONE should have a shot at getting the boss gear, not just one guild, not just a few players that camp and camp and camp an area and then secretly tell their friends about it.

Bosses spawning at set times gives everyone a shot, EVERYONE will know when they spawn and can be on to do it.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:46 pm

[quote="sapper"]well most those leachers are people who have jobs and spend what time they do have on xen trying to catch a boss I know one person whos only seen 3 raids poor guy lol I agree that some sort of time should be set for atleast 1 or 2 for those guys

I'm disabled so I get to sit at home and grind all day to pass time it really isn't fair to a lot of folks......I mean bosses are mostly empty sept 1 anyways so maybe double spawn them if not have a set time

by empty I mean I do not count dispel axe or white potion as a drop.[/quote]

most people with a decent job also have some morals
and are more than willing to supply pots to the main raidboss killers

the people im refering to are

those who sat infront of dd for HOURS and HOURS on end to leech a ride because they coudnt do the raid
and wont give any pots or anything just feels its the god given right to steal from hard working players

this has nothing to do with them having a job or not
its a personal trait its thinking that stealing is something thats okay

Note all ive ever asked from leechers are that they contribute

20g-30g each even that they dont wanna do

20-30g seems like a more than reasonable chance for a chance on Ilevel 114-120 gear....

Last edited by LiftingNerd on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:48 pm

can mods please clean up the trolling on this post arguing about what he thinks is a leech or not? Stop starting arguments.

here is the post where ej said he noticed certain guilds were doing all the bosses and why he added some high end gear to lvl 40+ normal mobs.

EJThayer wrote:
I spawned all bosses twice the first day but I felt certain guilds were going and clearing them all and I wanted to spread it out among more people so I would periodically check to make sure there were at least a few bosses available to kill and sometimes I announced it, sometimes not.
http://messageboard.xenimus.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7148&p=75344#p75344

p.s. this also helps out casuals who arent in big guilds or any guilds.
If 10 players arent in a big guild and hardly raid log in at 8am est they know bosses are spawning, they can then all meet up at entrance of DD and start their own raid.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Not everyone in xenimus has the capabilities or friends to do the bosses, I understand that you probably try hard to get to the bosses and do them.
But a little kindness and helping your fellow players wouldnt be a bad thing. If I had the geared friends I would take everyone bosses everytime no gold required. I mean if in going to do them anyways people are free to come along just help damage.

Regardless, changing bosses to a set time is a +10000 anyway I look at it, everyone would need less pots lowering the cost and helping other people.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:03 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next