View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Tiered group play 

I would love to see EXP boost on grouped leveling.. Some smaller scale bosses to involve smaller parties. Raids like Top DD and Velanthra Castle to be major groups.

Something like:
Leveling = 1-3 People for like 75% EXP boost
Small Scale bosses =4-8 (Increases in % drop rate per player that shows up with increased drop amount)
Big Scaled Bosses = 8-12(Increases in % drop rate per player that shows up with increased drop amount)
Major Bosses= 15+(Increases in % drop rate per player that shows up with increased drop amount)

I've said this many times already but everyone just cares about individual play or their small guilds. If ONLY we can get past that point and looked into a much better picture.. but we can't. Some people STILL hold grudges from 2000.... its crazy.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:06 pm

Xen101 wrote:
I would love to see EXP boost on grouped leveling.. Some smaller scale bosses to involve smaller parties. Raids like Top DD and Velanthra Castle to be major groups.

Something like:
Small Scale bosses =4-8 (Increases in % drop rate per player that shows up with increased drop amount)
Big Scaled Bosses = 8-12(Increases in % drop rate per player that shows up with increased drop amount)
Major Bosses= 15+(Increases in % drop rate per player that shows up with increased drop amount)

I've said this many times already but everyone just cares about individual play or their small guilds. If ONLY we can get past that point and looked into a much better picture.. but we can't. Some people STILL hold grudges from 2000.... its crazy.

+1 lifetime grudges. +1 on all the exp boost stuff for guild members hunting/farming together

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:40 pm

Xen101 wrote:

Something like:

well i mean its natural people want to play with their friends not random people lol, if i have a choice to do an open raid where leechers and trolls may be present or run a raid with just friends where i know everyone is going to do their part the choice is easy im going to do it with friends as most people would.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:55 pm

[quote="Xen101"]I would love to see EXP boost on grouped leveling.. Some smaller scale bosses to involve smaller parties. Raids like Top DD and Velanthra Castle to be major groups.

Something like:

I've said this many times already but everyone just cares about individual play or their small guilds. If ONLY we can get past that point and looked into a much better picture.. but we can't. Some people STILL hold grudges from 2000.... its crazy.[/quote]

i do not like the idea to Force a Minimum amount of players needed for something

if your good enough to do it with less people it should be an option

but lets talk hypothetical say DD bosses vross or tygrim for example

Note players wont recieve more then 1 drop even if multiple of them drop from the boss

4 people 1 items items garenteed if boss is gonna drop a item that time if it spawns without item no1 gets anything
8 people 2 items items garenteed if boss is gonna drop a item that time if it spawns without item no1 gets anything
12 people 3 items items garenteed if boss is gonna drop a item that time if it spawns without item no1 gets anything
16 people 4 items items garenteed if boss is gonna drop a item that time if it spawns without item no1 gets anything
20 people 5 items items garenteed if boss is gonna drop a item that time if it spawns without item no1 gets anything

This way players have roughtly 25% chance of an item IF boss spawns with one

now considering the fact that bosses spawn with items maybe 25-50% of the time

odds of getting a drop per raid is roughtly 6,25-12.5% no matter how big the group is

Todays raids dont work like this and thats why you want as small group as possible to do the boss
to increase the chance of you getting said item

there is no good incentive to work together with people you dont like

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:06 pm

its not about being" good enough" to do it with less people. Any group of 4-5 can do all thoses bosses. However do you want to spend 5plat of supplies? Some do sure, especially when they spend 5plat in sanc scrolls/maxies/meds just in pvp every pvp.

To be honest NO BOSS not even spider should die to 4-5 players. Bosses are RAID bosses and should be a minimum of 10+ players to kill. That potion supply cost is then divided among 10-20 players instead of 4.

And the time to kill the boss is 10 minutes instead of 30.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:52 pm

Currently the way Xen bosses are set up.. you can just buy a solid 1-2p of meds which is prbably like 6 stacks and just med through the damage. Thats the point of the minimum amount.. So you don't have someone stacking a ridiculous amount of pots to just take down a boss.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:11 am

[quote="Xen101"]I would love to see EXP boost on grouped leveling.. Some smaller scale bosses to involve smaller parties. Raids like Top DD and Velanthra Castle to be major groups.

Something like:
[/quote]

Recognizing that EJ only allows 10% boost with tokens, you may want to scale back those numbers as this is still a business. Even a 5% increase for grouping with a player of similar level to hunt difficult mobs would be rewarding.

Also, in regards to the grudges from 2000 - You have to remember that those were the 'wild wild west' days of MMORPGs where there were no rules and no standards. I think some evolution of gameplay mechanics to encourage either playing with someone so the game isn't so lonely is in order. Also, the more people playing together means more reason to go out PK.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:47 am

joshuq not it woudnt

because for everyplayer in your area that your linked with

around same level your exp gets Cut in half

say you are

1 level 50 players hunting

you get 5000 exp per kill

you can kill lets say 50monsters per minute

now you are 2 level 50 players

you get 2500 Exp per kill

meaning Unless you can Kill 100 monsters per minute

you wont be making more exp/h

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:59 am

Remember when EJ first introduced that HK zone (left, right and center)? You had to pay a toll to get into the area, remember? He should consider making new zones like that. Where you have to pay a toll to get in and hunt that zone.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3