View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Tiered group play 
i would love bosses being instanced with a once a day kill type of thing new dungeons the same way, would be cool to actually plan stuff to do as a group and not have to be on all day waiting for bosses to spawn.

would be able to plan with you friends hey at 5 we are going to do this boss be on and you know the boss is there and can go do it as a group. right now there really is no point in playing xen if you dont have all day to be on because bosses spawn once and are killed at random so you have to be on all day and hope you see them. dont get me wrong some world bosses like that that spawn randomly are cool but they shouldn't be the main source of gear for the game it should be more organized so people can plan group activities.

and yeah what lifting said is true the ones that dont want instances are people that want to be able to leech raids of people that would never take them along if it was instanced where at the moment they can go and leech and noone can do anything about it because it is open world and anti-pk. xen is setup currently as a troll haven lol

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:54 pm

[quote="joshuaq"]I think it would be interesting to implement dungeons that model the 'instance' experience that other games have in order to promote some group play. In addition, can limit these to certain level brackets similar to the noob dungeon W of T1. At the moment, I don't think there is any incentive to level with other players or to even group with them until you approach some objective (wanting jeloc, shrines, etc). At this point, you just get a high level to run you through which takes some of the excitement out of exploring the game. The dungeons should be hard enough that you can't solo or wouldn't want to solo them. This would also provide a mechanism to obtain level appropriate gear beyond simply buying what you need from cons.

Personally I enjoy playing with other people than simply grinding mobs, and my opinion is that xenimus currently punishes group play until the much later stages of the game.[/quote]
+1

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:05 pm

Is there a reason why every time I make a post Loki literally has to post RIGHT below me and quote what I just said even though it's literally 1 post above his.

I can seriously search all my post in the last few months and click each one of them and Loki has done this to EACH ONE. Same thing each time, quote, insult, contradict anything I say. Check for your self, every thread on these forums turn into a Joki and the mods do nothing but sit back relax and watch the show.

Last edited by Zannah on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Zannah wrote:
Is there a reason why every time I make a post Loki literally has to post RIGHT below me and quote what I just said even though it's literally 1 post above his.

I can seriously search all my post in the last few months and click each one of them and Loki has done this too EACH ONE. Check for your self, these boards and mods are a joke.

Either way, I stand by what I said. This game needs to keep an open mind and players like Loki are the toxic waste in this game that keep trying to stop the game from growing.

Because a post like this gets anywhere.. This is how you lose green membership, followed along with a "I don't care if I lose green so its whatever". You have your opinion on the matter. Ej on the other hand does not see the issue with Loki.. You can however send ALL complaints to his inbox and you can pray for a response that you will more than likely NEVER receive since this has been going on forever.

There is NO issue with quoting a player in a post. The point of a quote is to directly debate the post you want to debate with. You were my above post.... is there something wrong with me quoting you? If you have an issue with that email EJ or PM a mod and see what happens.

Lets avoid calling people out on posts, especially in a negative manner.

PS: I can quote all edits that get removed and see them... But thank you for removing yours.

Gratsi :)

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Xen101 wrote:
Zannah wrote:

I can seriously search all my post in the last few months and click each one of them and Loki has done this too EACH ONE. Check for your self, these boards and mods are a joke.

Either way, I stand by what I said. This game needs to keep an open mind and players like Loki are the toxic waste in this game that keep trying to stop the game from growing.

Because a post like this gets anywhere.. This is how you lose green membership, followed along with a "I don't care if I lose green so its whatever". You have your opinion on the matter. Ej on the other hand does not see the issue with Loki.. You can however send ALL complaints to his inbox and you can pray for a response that you will more than likely NEVER receive since this has been going on forever.

There is NO issue with quoting a player in a post. The point of a quote is to directly debate the post you want to debate with. You were my above post.... is there something wrong with me quoting you? If you have an issue with that email EJ or PM a mod and see what happens.

Lets avoid calling people out on posts, especially in a negative manner.

PS: I can quote all edits that get removed and see them... But thank you for removing yours.

Gratsi :)

Actually Xen101 you are 100% wrong, EJ has said this to Loki before and I know for a fact you were around at that time.

Also it's nice to see how mature our mods on these forums, not above making childish insults or trying to taunt forum members. You are quite well respected around here for not doing that.

P.S. I edited that as you made your post. I edited what I posted because I wanted to. Wasn't covering anything up like you are implying,I had no idea you quoted and posted as I made that edit. I like the way I posted it better than the way you quoted it but eh whatevs.

Last edited by Zannah on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:18 pm

Mantra wrote:
right now there really is no point in playing xen if you dont have all day to be on because bosses spawn once and are killed at random so you have to be on all day and hope you see them.

Agree to a certain degree. Even ej himself said it during that xmas event that he noticed the same guild was killing all the bosses, so he made more high end, new gear drop in zones other than dd.
It's like that in ANY game where the people who nolife get all the stuff because those who work/school/life have to log off. lol

p.s. stop turning posts into a loki complaint post because you dont like me. its irrelevant to the conversation. you can always add me to "FOE" list.

Kobrah wrote:
The problem with that is not everyone wants to be forced to group to get high end stuff maybe if there where content that gave good rewards to both solo and group play...needs to be balanced. Let's not forget this game was most popular when it was all soloable now that there is more group content a lot of people stopped playing because it is the same group of people reaping all the rewards.

+1 100%. Pretty much one guild controls 95% of the boss raids in the game so casuals have no chance whatsoever to gear up against neverloggers.

Last edited by Loki on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Trying to redirect the conversation a little away from the issues of current end game group play-

What do you guys think of group content for the leveling stage of the game? Currently, are there any incentives for a lvl 40 character engage in Ultras of the same level? There are ultra skeleton wars SW of cons but no related quest or reason to go there (as far as I know).

Simply add a quest with slightly increased (but comparable) exp gain that corresponds with difficulty of the ultra mobs for the designated level.

If a lvl 40 solo quest gives 50k exp and no items - a comparable group quest could give 60 or 70k exp to adjust for the increased time/effort required.

Admittedly, one issue I can foresee with any grouped play prior to end game is that level scaling is very real in this game - a mob can be nearly impossible for a lvl 50 character but super easy for a lvl 52 character.

One question: What is the current share exp rules? +/- how many levels does it work and what is the shared %.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:16 pm

[quote="Kobrah"]The problem with that is not everyone wants to be forced to group to get high end stuff maybe if there where content that gave good rewards to both solo and group play...needs to be balanced. Let's not forget this game was most popular when it was all soloable now that there is more group content a lot of people stopped playing because it is the same group of people reaping all the rewards.[/quote]

EXACTLY

this game pits players against eachother leveling from 1-70

then at 70 it expects players to work together... like really?

if you want players to work together play together and bla bla

you have to make it benefitial to work together

these are a few examples

Give players hunting in a party More Individual exp/h than someone hunting solo

give players a higher chance to find items while hunting in group than hunting solo

right now theres No benefit in bringing more than the bare minimum to raids and activities

because of this reasons il list below

NR 1 Loot is Random theres noway to control where it goes
NR 2 Bosses dont drop more items the more players there are
NR 3 Bosses dont drop anything 70% of the times they are killed

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:16 pm

I agree with above. If you don't encourage to bring people, why would they bring people? Xenimus was never a raiding/grouping up thing, I can really only think of two points to group up in its past. Revving noobs for align, and teaming PVP/PKing.

Instanced bosses would be cool, but I can only imagine its a shitload of work to get that implemented.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:53 pm

I would love to see EXP boost on grouped leveling.. Some smaller scale bosses to involve smaller parties. Raids like Top DD and Velanthra Castle to be major groups.

Something like:
Leveling = 1-3 People for like 75% EXP boost
Small Scale bosses =4-8 (Increases in % drop rate per player that shows up with increased drop amount)
Big Scaled Bosses = 8-12(Increases in % drop rate per player that shows up with increased drop amount)
Major Bosses= 15+(Increases in % drop rate per player that shows up with increased drop amount)

I've said this many times already but everyone just cares about individual play or their small guilds. If ONLY we can get past that point and looked into a much better picture.. but we can't. Some people STILL hold grudges from 2000.... its crazy.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next