View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Tiered group play 

I think it would be interesting to implement dungeons that model the 'instance' experience that other games have in order to promote some group play. In addition, can limit these to certain level brackets similar to the noob dungeon W of T1. At the moment, I don't think there is any incentive to level with other players or to even group with them until you approach some objective (wanting jeloc, shrines, etc). At this point, you just get a high level to run you through which takes some of the excitement out of exploring the game. The dungeons should be hard enough that you can't solo or wouldn't want to solo them. This would also provide a mechanism to obtain level appropriate gear beyond simply buying what you need from cons.

Personally I enjoy playing with other people than simply grinding mobs, and my opinion is that xenimus currently punishes group play until the much later stages of the game.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:37 pm

This has been suggested on several occasions for the same reasons you're mentioning, I'd like to see it if the game grows beyond the small playerbase that currently plays.

Here's a +1.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:24 pm

only if its NEW dungeons that have this and is an option. lets NOT turn the whole game into instance crap. Keep that for other mmos. Suggested before and ej didnt like the idea nor did a bunch of people.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:26 pm

I'm just using instances as an easy frame of reference to denote dungeons designed for certain groups of levels that encourage grouping to play. I understand the shared exp was an attempt at encouraging group play as well as the end game raiding. I would just like to see some of those things extending to lower levels.

EJ mentioned the difficulty of adding new maps and dungeons into X1 when I asked him, but that doesn't mean some of the now unused areas can't be re-scaled for these purposes.

Ex- the animus/master warlock dungeon on evil side has the Ultra lvl 40s on one side of the dungeon (north of Odium). There could be an incentive to level there as a group with a quest or something. No need to worry about level caps because of the diminishing XP as levels, and encourages people to actually level there. In general its probably too hard to go at alone anyway (or at least for my sh**ty cleric).

The benefits (as I see it, please agree/disagree) is adding use to areas that rarely see play, encouraging players to play together which may make them more inclined to continue to play, and adding diversity to the leveling experience instead of grinding a certain area alone for hours at a time.

I think most of the mechanics are already programmed in the game, there just needs to be a concerted effort to combine some of them!

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:02 am

very good idea i support instances for xen bossing if its gonna be remain the anti pk style it is now

main reason some ppl dont want this is because they woudnt be able to go to bosses often because they have made themselves public enemy number 1

and rely on being able to leech if from people who dont like them or want them to be there but dont have a choice since its anti pk

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:14 am

I would really like group leveling to be a thing, i bet it would be very hard to do right though in this style of game. I think we are still getting used to teamwork in this game and it will probably take a good while before anything like this happens.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:14 am

Or we could keep an open mind, is instances really such a bad thing if it brang in 50 players? 100? 1,000? If we can stop being a 20 player game just by keeping an open mind whether it's instances or not I think Xenimus owes its self that much at this point.

I love this game, and I want nothing more than to see the player base grow exponentially. Keeping a closed mind is what got us where we are now, a mixed match PvP system that is only half implemented due to GvE and low population.

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with Kev here.

+1

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:15 am

Zannah wrote:
Or we could keep an open mind, is instances really such a bad thing if it brang in 50 players? 100? 1,000? If we can stop being a 20 player game just by keeping an open mind whether it's instances or not I think Xenimus owes its self that much at this point.

I love this game, and I want nothing more than to see the player base grow exponentially. Keeping a closed mind is what got us where we are now, a mixed match PvP system that is only half implemented due to GvE and low population.

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with Kev here.

+1

LOL instances wont bring in anyone.

It belongs in WoW not xenimus.

IF instances were ever added, it should be once per day so people who never log off dont hit the same boss 15x a day repeating the same instance and getting 10 ndnt vexar items.

I think for GROUP play what should be done is for ever guild member farming in same spot, gear drop rate should be upped 1% and exp upped 5% (Also no shared exp 50/50) make it 75% 75%)

Of course it would have to work with IP and they would have to be ACTIVELY farming/hunting so players dont just put afk alts on same screen to abuse the mechanics.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:24 am

You are assuming that these 'dungeons' or 'instances' or whatever you want to call them have to have bosses and/or drop high end gear. For all I care, they could just be zones with difficult mobs that you and a friend of a similar level can go to town on and have some fun with some XP quest to keep it interesting.

My goal in starting this discussion wasn't to focus on leeching or problems that are currently plagueing the end game. This is just to promote ideas regarding improving the leveling experience (note: not making it faster, just more enjoyable and diverse).

Full disclose: I am not max level, nor do I pretend to understand all the changes that xen has gone through since I left/came back. However, from my perspective there is a lot of people just walking around T1. I think improving the PvE experience would lead to higher retention rates and thus more satisfying PvP.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:38 am

I would love group play but as you see this community is toxic to itself.

Ideas like this are great for the game. Party raiding would be great I just don’t know about it in the instance sense. The cool part of xen is knowing that it’s open to everyone. So you can go anywhere and see anyone.

But separating the game isn’t a good idea. Which is what happens now.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next