View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Made a new staffbeam vid 

im talking bottom dungeon. Even with staff beam fixed I cant see best geared melees farming top DD like the equivalent mages can

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:20 pm

[quote="ejthayer"]It is possible that the AI is making a decision based on some other factor that is making it appear as if it is choosing to do something based on class. I wonder also if it could be the magical attack that casters have more resistance to so they are not affected as much. I could look into that part.

It is not a feature, it is just how it works. I am also not going to just change it for you, I am not here to just sit around making the game easy for you.

I am perfectly willing to discuss it more but at least we have cleared up what is going on here.[/quote]

true true and i dont expect you to

but then it must be someting inherent to the mage class/race or something

since i did tests with buffs and without buffs(tueri/extrudere/omnimultum)

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:26 pm

I don't notice any difference between mages or melees. My classes ALL get hit the same pretty much 75% -100% per staff beam combo. As ej said it shouldnt be different on different classes as it is not programmed that way.

What I know is unintended is that the hit from the staff hit combo can 100% kill the player ALONE (without beam) and even 2 players at once. Im trying to recreate this on video for ej but its hard because doesnt happen often.

Example. A, B are farming top dd and close to eachother.

Player A gets beamed but player B is hit with the staff hit. Player B can get 75% hp damage or even 100% and DIE!!

Another example. A gets beamed by A and B BOTH DIE to the staff hit that physically LANDS on A.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:30 pm

I do see what lifting is saying. On the Druid I play, staff beam doesn’t really happen. I’ll try to record a video of it when I get home.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:00 pm

I am a newer player then most of you posting on this but, what I see is his HP moves three times why does it?

If you slow the youtube video down to .25 speed you will see the beam hits for the higher end of what it should, and then he lose roughly 40-50% of his hp from ?, and then he gets hit after that for a fairly normal melee hit; what is the second hit?

First hit the beam (that makes sense)

Second hit is ?????? (it doesn't make sense) <------is this isn't a bug then what is it? There is only 1 hit indicator that goes off but this damage comes in before it.

Third hit is the melee (makes sense)

We just wanna know what the second hit is.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:58 pm
Loki wrote:
I don't notice any difference between mages or melees. My classes ALL get hit the same pretty much 75% -100% per staff beam combo. As ej said it shouldnt be different on different classes as it is not programmed that way.

What I know is unintended is that the hit from the staff hit combo can 100% kill the player ALONE (without beam) and even 2 players at once. Im trying to recreate this on video for ej but its hard because doesnt happen often.

Example. A, B are farming top dd and close to eachother.

Player A gets beamed but player B is hit with the staff hit. Player B can get 75% hp damage or even 100% and DIE!!

Another example. A gets beamed by A and B BOTH DIE to the staff hit that physically LANDS on A.

Still waiting for the video of gladiator mowing 12 DD mobs at once.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:37 pm

any progress post discord?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:53 am

Yeah he's making a damage log so he can check it. Server will collect stats on how much damage players take to pinpoint what's going on.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3