View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Made a new staffbeam vid 

Its not just DD either . I made a SIMILAR video with kinethall (ulta lvl 70 mini boss) and Sogam (ultra lvl 65 mini boss) doing similar.

each beam would be 10-15% each melee hit would be 3-5% and then beam+hit combo would do 75%.

Like you DID show in your video though, the key to not getting combo'd is to keep walking and as soon as it beams, KNOW its gonna hit as well so keep distance between them. Kind hard to do on a melee but you showed how to do it.

I can also show gladiator farming that same DD killing 6-12 of the mobs @ ONCE and mowing them all down. I'll post those videos soon (next few hours or tomorrow)

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:47 pm

chriske wrote:
This happens everywhere, that is true. What you are saying about gladiator is not possible for all tho. I live in holland so my ping/ms/latency to the xenimus server, which is located in america, is high. I have around 160-200ms all the time. Its easyer now with runspeed on boots to kite the mobs and kill them it just takes way more time that way.

I just want to know if ej wants you to not stand still otherwize this is a bug and needs to get fixed asap cause its about time.

Yeah I agree its not possible for all. Just like mages soloing DD isnt possible for all either. I hate seeing people say mages can solo hunt dd and melees can't.]

Last edited by Loki on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:55 pm
Site Admin

Yea that is not even close to a bug.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:43 pm
Site Admin

They attack fast if you get close to them. I can't believe I have been looking for a bug that never really existed. I guess it could be changed but they are supposed to be dangerous.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:35 pm

Is it suppose to be some kind of combo?

Because regular beams dont hurt.. regular hits dont really hurt.. in that video its the combination of BOTH that causes that major damage increase.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:38 pm
Xen101 wrote:
Is it suppose to be some kind of combo?

Because regular beams dont hurt.. regular hits dont really hurt.. in that video its the combination of BOTH that causes that major damage increase.

thats what im wondering lol, is it supposed to triple their damage when they do this combo? i mean he almost gets 1 shot on the easiest mobs in there with really good defensive stats(the AMP and Armor) imagine the harder mobs in there much less top DD lol

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:51 pm

the diffrence is mages can lose almus and continue just fine

warriors cant once they lose almus they become impotent

Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:03 am

Wasn't sure if I wanted to post since my last thread but I feel this is important.

EJ you say that these mobs are supposed to be harder, that's fine but why does it effect melee's so harshly and not mage classes? Considering the only choice on a melee is to get close to your target in order to damage it I think this combo is a bit extreme for the game since it effects melee classes much greater than it effects mage classes, and as stated it does not even show the player what is happening either so it's quite hard to protect your self against an attack that shows no visual or signs of danger.

Also the staff beam combo comes from every single mage in-game starting at the lowest of levels you can get staff beamed from any mob that can beam you not just these special DD monsters.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:57 am

As you can see in the video you can kind of easily dodge the staff hit by spinning while u walk away from them. Nazurak does it fine for a bit.

Stick and move, like boxing lol .

It also affects mage too because mobs AGGRO to you and fast. So even if you make 2 skells, they kill the skells fast and then staffbeam you.

I've also seen the mage beam MY SKELETON and then staff hit MY CHAR for 100% hp.

I'll make that video again which I did show ej before and he agreed that was wrong (a long time ago so he may not remember).

I'll recreate it shortly.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:16 am

I didn't really think he was dodging easily at all, he wasn't even attacking the mob he was just waiting for it to attack and then quickly ran away. If you can do that on a melee while spinning then congrats, you are quite skilled, but no mages need to add any special kind of tactic other than throwing a skel down and spamming flame wind. Anyone can have aggro whether you are mage or melee. Your class has nothing to do with who gets aggro.

And that's a pretty good point Loki I have witnessed 1 mage mob at the entrance of DD 1 hit 3 people consecutively like it was 1 attack, 3 dead in 1 swoop. If you get combo'd for 100% it shouldn't auto carry the combo to the nearest player. Same goes for using a skeleton, you think you are safe but if you are standing to close to that skelly at the time of death chances are you will probably get the blowback of that mages combo and also insta die with your skel.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next