View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Class Balancing. 

EJ we understand you work full-time and don't have a ton of time to devote to Xenimus, nor do you tend to like listening to players advice because most players have objectives to better themselves. But can we please discuss the obvious without any arguments.

Wizards - Tank a lot of damage while having full buffs, VERY fragile without Tueri or Extredure (this applies to all mage classes, but Wizards buffs seem to be FAR more powerful than the average mags). Deals plenty of damage which is fine but Noxa is FARRRRR too powerful. Should be a cooldown, not a permanent spell.

Warlocks - Seem to be fairly balanced, possibly one of the most balanced classes. Only issue is that I feel that their damage output from poison and beam should be switched, beam should do 70% while poison does 30%. I feel that it is kind of 75/25 now, favoring poison.

Druids - Havent played this class a ton since GvE restructure, I do recall their bomb spell using way too much Magic Power. Druids have always been a more tank mage than other, i still think it's that way. Doesn't even come close to being as tank as a wizard though. Damage output kinda average.

Cleric - Another well balanced class. Tons of gear is about the only thing that makes this class OP. High damage output, not extremely tanky without a ton of gear. VERY reliant on corrupt. Corrupt makes or breaks the class, kind of like Fierce warrior.

Rangers - I don't really know how to rank this character, CRAZY DPS, but also VERY low survivability. I feel it's weird that the best ring for this class is a noob ring, Vis-Med. I feel this class serves its purpose.

Darkwar - Kind of same as ranger, EXTREMELY HIGH DPS, low survivability. I feel like this class is balanced well. With the balancing of other classes this one will stick out more.

Paladin - Can't speak on this class, maybe someone else can. Never played one.

Warriors - This class is OP... but that's not really a bad thing right now.. Probably the only class that can even come close to comparing to a Wizard... and it still falls extremely short. AFTER class balancing, Fierce Warrior should be capped at 3 min with 5 minute cooldown, decrease in attack speed, increase in mellee damage.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:49 pm

lol

warlocks are the mages that are Further from balanced

Most balanced mage is arguably druid than wizard last warlock, cleric

and calling warriors overpowered lol

try pvp on ANY MELEE while not having chaotic or breaker
see how well you do vs equally geared mages
i can assure you will not win

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:06 pm

I called Warriors overpowered and it's a true statement. They stick FAR OUT from any other melees. Also I noted that they still don't even compare close to a wizard. But I guarantee that someone such as Bruut or etc won't lose to any character easily other than a Wizard.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Nike wrote:
I called Warriors overpowered and it's a true statement. They stick FAR OUT from any other melees. Also I noted that they still don't even compare close to a wizard. But I guarantee that someone such as Bruut or etc won't lose to any character easily other than a Wizard.

he does there isnt a single warrior that can defeat a equally geared mage without chaos

we had a friendly pvp recently

first with o velo, chaos he was easily still toable but the moment chaos procced he went from doing 8-10% a hit to 40-50%

so we had another pvp when he didnt have chaotic or wizard speed(not ever melee has access to those afterall)
needless to say he had to maxi like 5-7 to my 1

tried to get haslo to pvp me without chaos but he woudnt do it

he did do it without O velo tho where it became a draw he was easily toable untill chaos at which point i had to trans of and rebuff

Whats overpowered isnt melees or warriors melees in general are underpowered
warriors are strongest melee however overall

but what is overpowered is chaotic and the means to remove other peoples buffs

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:29 pm
Paladin vs Warrior = Paladin wins
Darkwar vs Warrior = Darkwar wins if he pops breaker

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:30 pm

Nike wrote:

+1 and i have seem him even beat kublai khan, etc a wizards in +3 super vos ring +++

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Face Lifter wrote:
Paladin vs Warrior = Paladin wins
Darkwar vs Warrior = Darkwar wins if he pops breaker

100% true, I find it funny when people say warriors are over class but vs any 1 class in equal gear. they lose each time. (maybe 50 50 vs an unskilled ranger)

As mentioned by Bruut an equal geared paladin or DW will beat them as will any equally or even lower geared mage class when you remove chaotic.

The only reason people suggest they are stronger than other melees is defensively they fair better against other mages than the other melee classes, however without chaotic it is all but impossible to kill a 70 mage except really bad ones like Orc Warlocks .

Im sure Anthrax on any of his mage classes could toe to toe without dying any warrior in game if that warrior doesent have chaotic and omni vel. He has posted this challenge before and not 1 person has ever taken up the challenge. I will personally pay 10 plat to any warrior who can kill Anthrax on his Druid, Cleric or Wizard using a self buffed warrior without chaotic

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:07 pm

why doesnt he challenge bruut then?

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:19 pm

I will pay any mage to fight me without a single buff on. They must also stand there and take hits. That isn't a good way to make it "fair"

Chaos IS there.. buffs ARE there as well. Everyone has a chance at it.. its a part of the game mechanics. Mages got freeze, melees use chaos. Whats the issue?

Also in terms of that balance list I disagree completely.
My scaling from OP to a T1 bug is:

Wizard
Warrior
Pally/Ranger
Cleric/Lock
Druid
Darkwar

It is SUPER obvious when a class is powerful in Xen.. you see MOST people populate as that.. When druids were OP there was like 100 druids. When barbs were OP there was 100 barbs. DW's are the same story when they were. The most OP class gets played the most and thats currently warrior/wizard by MILES compared to their next class.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:28 pm

Xen101 wrote:
I will pay any mage to fight me without a single buff on. They must also stand there and take hits. That isn't a good way to make it "fair"

Chaos IS there.. buffs ARE there as well. Everyone has a chance at it.. its a part of the game mechanics. Mages got freeze, melees use chaos. Whats the issue?

Also in terms of that balance list I disagree completely.
My scaling from OP to a T1 bug is:

Wizard
Warrior
Pally/Ranger
Cleric/Lock
Druid
Darkwar

It is SUPER obvious when a class is powerful in Xen.. you see MOST people populate as that.. When druids were OP there was like 100 druids. When barbs were OP there was 100 barbs. DW's are the same story when they were. The most OP class gets played the most and thats currently warrior/wizard by MILES compared to their next class.

just because chaos and buffs are in the game doesnt mean they are perfect as is... balancing around chaotic is why class balance is so hard to narrow down... mages can lose to melee classes but it requires buffs to be lost which is why chaotic is so valued but if you dont have chaos your pretty much dead in the water vs a mage and no point even really trying if this post is about class balancing you gotta talk about things like chaos and how strong buffs are and how weak chars are once they lose buffs

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next