View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 World Map Design[Streams online] 

So I'm gonna help ej out with the map design stuff on 2.0. I added that orc camp and it's now in the game. (Took like 15 mins for that structure.

I'm looking for ideas that I can add to the game that will be sweet for all of us.

When you write an idea. Please write a brief reason behind it.

Example

A cave full of spiders that cover this lake because the sunlight is just too much.
Or
A group of troll have rallied up here because they are thinking of taking over a small village.

Thoughts like "a new graveyard cause the one at T1 isn't cool enough". Isn't a good reason.

Add your own plots and twists and I can add it to 2.0

http://www.twitch.tv/sykonetic

Last edited by Xen101 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:31 am, edited 12 times in total.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:19 pm

1. the orc camp is difficult to run through if you are a fig type trying to hunt there. The design is ok, but to many objects in the way.
2. theres low spawn, not worth hunting when they 4 hit you.
3. The area is to small to hunt even by yourself.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Gonzilla wrote:
the orc camp is difficult to run through if you are a fig type trying to hunt there. The design is ok, but to many objects in the way.

The point behind it wasn't so you can run around and just smash grab everything. It does have a bit of maneuvering to do, but i'm sure with time people will feel the place out and know a good rotation.

Gonzilla wrote:
theres low spawn, not worth hunting when they 4 hit you.

I can't control that. :( I only added a ton of monsters to try and balance that part out.

Gonzilla wrote:
The area is to small to hunt even by yourself.

The area is actually quite big(biggest one in 2.0 currently) it just has a lot of objects in the way. It can lose a few objects.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:34 pm

Went ahead and started streaming

www.twitch.tv/sykonetic

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:24 pm

Xen101 wrote:

The point behind it wasn't so you can run around and just smash grab everything. It does have a bit of maneuvering to do, but i'm sure with time people will feel the place out and know a good rotation. .

So you essentially created a spot where people cant run around and its difficult to trans in. Whats the point of the place if tyou cant lvl there, the monsters don't drop gear, and the found items can be got from the barb camp...

Xen101 wrote:

The area is actually quite big(biggest one in 2.0 currently) it just has a lot of objects in the way. It can lose a few objects.

Negative on that...Skelly gy is by far bigger then it and so is barb camp and Elementals.... The place is just to cluttered and really not usable for lvling. I stayed doing elementals and made more exp there.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:45 am

You should prolly log on a char and test it out before u make these places and release them. These test maps should be tested out with chars of the level that is supposed to hunt there instead of us complaining about the place and getting rejected and never getting fixed.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:47 am

Gonzilla wrote:
You should prolly log on a char and test it out before u make these places and release them. These test maps should be tested out with chars of the level that is supposed to hunt there instead of us complaining about the place and getting rejected and never getting fixed.

I already been to both. You can see it from the designer that it is bigger. Graveyard just happens to have the basement.

Gonzilla wrote:
Negative on that...Skelly gy is by far bigger then it and so is barb camp and Elementals.... The place is just to cluttered and really not usable for lvling. I stayed doing elementals and made more exp there.

I actually just found out i can adjust spawn rate. I'll talk to EJ about it. I already removed some objects from it.. It isn't suppose to be an open area that allows you to maneuver very easily. The trade off for that should be more experience and what that place can drop.. You should try for the found items that happens and the bonus EXP.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:05 am

I hunted there for about an hour and received the 5k a few times, not very often since theres low spawn. Also it gives 5k but also says over my head that I received 3k.

The items are pretty useless for clerics tbh. Mostly fig weapons.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:28 am

Also what lvl char did u try to hunt there on and what class? I'm on right now if u wanna show me

What lvl are players to hunt there too?

Btw with that many trees, rocks, boulders, etc the orcs get stuck and with the way multi is right now you cant attack them when they get stuck unless you go the opposite way and drag them out of the stuck structure.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:32 am

Went on a level 16 DW. Didn't need to kill anything because I can see it/was told about it.

Your complaint was noted tho. Maybe next update it will be fixed.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next