View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Xenimus 2.0 World Designer (what will you guys work on?) 

What areas do you guys plan on trying to create? Old areas or your own new dungeon?

I think it would be a good idea to keep a list so we don't have 4 people working on the same area and possibly wasting resources.

I personally want to try and recreate isle dungeon.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:52 pm

Arachnid Queen's lair.

EDITED: (after ejs reply) Either a newbie shrine (+1 str,) or Star Shrine (since there are level 20s on x2 at the moment) Or just an entirely new area for level 16-20.

Last edited by Loki on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:59 pm
Site Admin

The Queen's lair would not be needed for a while and by the time it would go in there could be additional 3D models in the designer you could use. I would wait on that one.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:30 pm

A massive WvW map.

An area where people can combat and own potential structures that shows "dominance" in PvP. There will be a giant castle thing in the center that involves NPC and stuff that you need to kill for ownership.

I got the idea from Dark Age of Camelot and Guild Wars 2. Great way to emphasize PvP.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:47 pm
Site Admin

That sounds like a cool idea. I will update the script language with commands to allow that type of thing. We can talk about it more when you get to the point of scripting.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:05 pm

ejthayer wrote:
That sounds like a cool idea. I will update the script language with commands to allow that type of thing. We can talk about it more when you get to the point of scripting.

Ya i played DAoC and GW2 QUITE a bit.. There's some other stuff I hope I'd be able to implement in the future. REALLY excited for this as this can possibly work towards my school stuff

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Something like that might actually be what xen has been missing. The games with the highest population on steam are usually battlegrounds style games nowadays. It could be a game within this game.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:21 am

Ya I've spoken with Ej about this idea via email before.

Having a center place where anyone down to PvP can go to where SOME bosses will be at, a lot of contested PvP content.

Example for PvP content would be Keep Fortis. To open the gates you have to swing at the door. Eventually the door breaks down. Inside will be mini bosses (tough ones:Difficult level increasing as you continue). Other guilds can own this castle and can attempt to defend it. But if the enemy team slays the Keep owner(which is not a guild member). The castle transfers to the guild.

This area can have increase potion drops (PVP ONLY pots) that allow for CONSTANT battle. Just one of like the 1000 ideas I've had.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:47 am

Ok I have completed isle dungeon. It's a really simple square with a hallway all the way around the large room in the middle which has a Magic Power pool. It's nothing like the original isle dungeon but it should work for now. I spent a LOT of time on the entrance island, it's really neat with a lot of subtle details.

Next I plan on working on a really detailed dungeon with a very lackluster entrance. Like a cave or something? Maybe a dungeon that elementals leads to with some pix animus that are a bit stronger than the elementals? Not entirely sure but really want to do something worth while as I think I kind of got the hang of this thing.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:04 am

Any pictures?

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next