View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 regarding the 3 ndnt rule 
I'm talking about a few years ago when he made all items that were tradable suddenly ndnt. Like the spirit plates in my rangers storage. Npc items are fine to make ndnt

Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:35 am

I don't think NDNT is really the problem here, more of a lack of constructive PVP arena.

Take WoW for example (or any other game for that matter) where PVP is healthy and heavily encouraged - there are no penalties to it, in fact you get experience and rewards for PVPing. In Xenimus, you get a mix of people. People who want to grind and people who want to PVP. The PVP have no outlet and just go on a rampage.

EJ has tried many things over the years to encourage a more healthy balance, good vs evil, ndnt, etc. But the fact of the matter is there needs to be an isolated, targeted, rewarded space. The old arena at T7DS back in the day was great, people would have bashes in there all the time, but there was little incentive. Since the meeting place has changed from T7DS to Cons with no arena port, it's become kind of a pain to get that good excitement. Arena was a great leveling ground.

When you factor in games like capture the flag or targeted team-building skills it makes the game fun. Xenimus is very fast-paced and hard to make it team-building as there's not any party support or role supprt (tank/healer/dps) so it's really a 1 man free for all anyway you play. That's part of the magic of Xenimus, but I still think Arena should have more highlights and rewards and accessibility.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:59 pm
Wrong! Ndnt items ruined trade completely and ruin any type of hope for a pvp reward (gear drop). Arenas are lame and boring.

What do you have to lose if you die? Absolutely nothing. It would be fun for a week then just become boring like all "battleground" type games do

Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:36 pm

kingtravis wrote:
Wrong! Ndnt items ruined trade completely and ruin any type of hope for a pvp reward (gear drop). Arenas are lame and boring.

What do you have to lose if you die? Absolutely nothing. It would be fun for a week then just become boring like all "battleground" type games do

exactly.

3 level 100+ items is still much for me. I actually dont think there should be any ndnt except cron and arachnid items for level 65+

Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:18 pm

I can't stand the use of this "except" word when talking about NDNT.

NDNT is annoying as is. Especially considering how no one PKs right now anyway.

How about 3 NDNT items no matter what. No more than that.

------E
Pitchforks out!

Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:55 pm

Snagglepus wrote:
I can't stand the use of this "except" word when talking about NDNT.

NDNT is annoying as is. Especially considering how no one PKs right now anyway.

How about 3 NDNT items no matter what. No more than that.

------E
Pitchforks out!

we already have that. Problem is due to how powerful level 100-120 items are which is why only 1 ndnt version should be allowed

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:42 pm

no no no.

EXCEPT is a problem,i agree. NDNT should be removed completely or at least made much less frequent,especially with the 3 cap now. Not "oh you should nerf everything EXCEPT what my pet character is wearing" STOP this nonsense.

the absence of it would make cons explode,and PvP revitalize,yes jerkoffs like Loki would go back to running around ganking people left and right,but that was part of the game! thats why its gotten stale and has everyone whining "ohhh its useless until you get to 70" yea,good luck getting to 70 intact! haha

I hate to use other games in comparisons (and screw WoW,srsly) but theres a space exploration game called EVE almost as old as Xen,i wont get into unnecessary mechanics explanations but its basically full PvP all the time with risks (if you PvP in a high security sector,the authorities NPCs will blast you to space dust) but anyway if you get "ganked" in EVE,your ship is GONE,along with ALL shiny guns and fittings on it. you know what the oft quoted rule #1 of EVE is? "Don't fly what you can't afford to lose"
Removing NDNT would create a same scenario,some of us would resume the practice of keeping a "spare suit" of gear in our storage,and full PvP areas would be alot more dangerous and action oriented,also less crowded as certain people who post much and do little would avoid those areas outright bc "muh precious!"

It would probably require a rework/expansion of the higher level zones to thwart "camping" on the choicest zones,like at least 2-3 similar areas of each type,possibly making one completely anti-PK for the people who want to avoid all that and just PvE.

And Loki stop being a damn troll,if he upped the reqs on everything 10 levels it would completely destroy the game at low/mid levels,as you literally would not be able to gear to grind. you have the most obnoxious and ridiculous (not to mention COMPLETELY self-serving) suggestions,and its a testament to EJs patience that he hasnt gotten fed up with all the crap you've pulled over the years and permabanned you outright.

Rant Over,please excuse my verboseness lol

Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:49 am
Profile WWW

Hey troll

What I said was increase the DROPS range of loot by 10 levels, meaning all mobs and chest would potentially drop higher level stuff. L2read.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:55 am

[quote="Loki"]Hey troll

What I said was increase the DROPS range of loot by 10 levels, meaning all mobs and chest would potentially drop higher level stuff. L2read.[/quote]

my mistake,its early and I'm still drinking coffee. i'll sit patiently waiting for you to successfully refute my ACTUAL point,that all your "suggestions" are self-serving or trollish (or BOTH)

nice strawman,tho.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:00 pm
Profile WWW

Guys r morons. I wear 5 ndnt. Put lower lvl sh*t on be4 or after ur higher sh*t. Cant member wich

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next