View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 deleted thread 

Anthrax wrote:
Xen101 wrote:
Nike wrote:
You complained "Super Adpet Wand sooooooo overpowered because +3 levels".... So wouldn't 15 levels make a pretty big difference in a PVP.... Your logic makes no sense. I guarantee you take a 70 and a 55 in the same gear and have them PVP eachother. It would end in a matter of seconds....

A great geared 60-65 should be able to compete with 70's. Game shouldn't be solely focused around 70.

Correct.. a 60-65 should... but the 70 should still have the upper hand by quite a bit.

your contradicting yourself you have stated several times

but u dont want gear to matter

but now you want levels to matter... and a higher level to have quite the advantage

but you dont want someone thats worked for gear to have an advantage...

They both have worked hard.. but experience>items.

Someone with an expansive Bow will not be a better archer then someone with a wooden bow. Someone with rocks inside his gloves wont be as good as someone with feathers. Experience makes you a master not what you wear.

So yes... a 60-65 could possibly put a chance with a 70.. but ultimately a level 70 should have a much better advantage then a 60-65..

Sun May 14, 2017 2:06 pm
In old Xen 50-65 could PVP effectively together. There were no 70s, just rumors of level 70s. EJ actually lowered the XP for those levels.

Now 70 trumps all. It's an entirely different class of PVP.

Sun May 14, 2017 11:04 pm

Suminex wrote:
In old Xen 50-65 could PVP effectively together. There were no 70s, just rumors of level 70s. EJ actually lowered the XP for those levels.

Now 70 trumps all. It's an entirely different class of PVP.

Doesn't matter . Old xen is in the past. Get over it as ej said, he's moving forward not back.

Sun May 14, 2017 11:21 pm

Moving downward is more like it if we're talking population wise. Loki wants to see this game fail.

Mon May 15, 2017 12:07 am
Nobody is saying look back. We're stating the facts.

What do you do with this? It's a legitimate question.

MANY games realize this divide. It's called the end game. End game PVP, End game content. These differ drastically from the 1-65, 1-69 PVP and game content.

I would prefer to see EJ accept these facts and develop around them. Dedicated end game content. Keep the high end PVPers happy with rewards and benefits to high end PVP, without it devolving into senselessly PKing level 1-60s and making them feel helpless.

And on the other end make 1-60s feel happy with rewards and benefits to low end PVP, without it devolving into fear of leaving square because even at level 58 you can be just 2-shots away from getting wrecked by a level 70.

Mon May 15, 2017 3:36 pm

The only way the current equip level system works is if EJ adds a good bit of NEW gear. Should be multiple sets and or variants to certain sets for each level gap.

10-20 / 20-30 / 30-40 / 40-50 / 50-60 / 60-70

& Even then the strength of the gear needs to be squished together a bit.

Another thing is, a lot of low level gear hold no value due to the fact that I can create a character in the morning and no life it for a couple days and be around level 55... Most of us that play this game consistently no life it lol lets face it.. Once your 55 spirit gear means absolutely nothing to you, you will get destroyed at Circle HDS if you're trying to level in a spirit leather lol.. Everything used to hold value back then because it was actually useful... I don't program games so I don't know how long these things would take to fix but it sounds like it wouldn't be longer than a week project to me and it would give the game life.

- Buy some cheap graphics for a few new sets of items
- Extend level cap to 90
- Copy & Paste old dungeons and throw them in an unused space. 8 dungeons. 1 each for each 5 levels. So dungeon for 70-75/75-80 so on and so on...
- Fix drops to where instead of high level places flooding the game with noob items, like spirit leathers etc they drop a certain filler for each dungeon with a LOW LOW % chance to drop an item 20 levels within the level of the Mob. For example... 70-75 dungeon could randomly often drop 50x nex arrows, and maybe black pearls.. So not only could people use this dungeon to level but to farm Nex Arrows. (killing 2 birds with one stone here and getting nerds away from ryzar). Each dungeon with a different filler but NO LOW LEVEL ITEMS.
- Don't exactly increase EXP per hour, just balance it out. Each level should take around 30 minutes-2 hours. No longer than 2 hours for a level increase...

Now this isn't exactly fixing anything... this is just giving you a lot of leadway and time to fix the game and add content to 2.0.... People will come back and play simply because there's stuff to do... We all quit cause there really just isint sh*t to do... If that's not the truth than I don't know what is....

Now those are just a rough idea of things that could be done to keep us busy... Hell, you don't even need to make the dungeon fancy, literally copy & paste all 8 dungeons and we'd hunt there for the time being..

Or maybe..... just fix ndnt & add a bunch of more bosses to kill? *scratches head*

Anything man lol

Mon May 15, 2017 5:09 pm
The good thread discussing this stuff got deleted =/ I guess we're gonna have to talk it out here.

Mon May 15, 2017 8:03 pm

I think levels should be more time consuming the higher you go. Works for console games. I think players get gifted to much and don't work hard enough to get where they are.

Those of us who got into the 50's around mid 2000 were people who spent a good average of leveling. Not many no lifed it, but we were consistent. Because the numbers you had to hit per level were very intimidating if you broke it down to hours.

Mon May 15, 2017 9:15 pm

danjr wrote:
I think levels should be more time consuming the higher you go. Works for console games. I think players get gifted to much and don't work hard enough to get where they are.

Those of us who got into the 50's around mid 2000 were people who spent a good average of leveling. Not many no lifed it, but we were consistent. Because the numbers you had to hit per level were very intimidating if you broke it down to hours.

+1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0O_wBhkU4&t=46s

Mon May 15, 2017 9:49 pm

Different game back then. I'm all for slow-progressing games because I believe you get back what you put in. But Xenimus currently is useless pre-70 lol

Mon May 15, 2017 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next