View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 3 unused forts, zones that could work for 65+ areas w/-locs 

I just want some transable areas that mages can hunt. Shoot, make it worth less experience per hour than non-transable areas, but something worth like 20 mil an hour or something. As a fighter at level 68, you can make more than that in hks. So let the fighters have a reason to stay in hks. Give mages some trans zones. Don't add bosses to em, just trans areas.

A good example would be below MC2, you have the animus rooms which lead to warrior rooms. Turn those into transable rooms (or don't because figs use em).

The places loki mentioned which are never used, perfect.

Or make a spot where there are very very hard creatures that take skill to kill, but there are only like 1 every 2 screens. Then make them worth like 500k a kill or something. Test your skill theory out. Maybe people will like it ask for more of it.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:05 pm

At the same time lets give melees some end game areas they can farm for top items. At the moment only mages can farm DD due to superior armor spells and ability to use skeletons. Lets have a slightly harder version of Middle HKs or DKS which drop items 100-120 that melees can hunt

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:15 pm

The Poet wrote:
At the same time lets give melees some end game areas they can farm for top items. At the moment only mages can farm DD due to superior armor spells and ability to use skeletons. Lets have a slightly harder version of Middle HKs or DKS which drop items 100-120 that melees can hunt

melees make 3-5x the exp as 99% of mages make. they dont need a boost in exp. also tons of melees can farm dd. i see them do it non stop. just cuz u cant doesnt mean others cant.

adding three new marks for level 65+ and 70+ doesnt exclude melees so stop derailing the topic.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:17 pm

I have 1900 ac and 75 amp with a PVE spec (better than the majority of the active melees) and once FW goes (1 staff beam if not at 100% health) then a melee is hopeless on its own in DD. Only melees who can farm it do it alongside another character (has to be a mage for top) or using a Omni pot and GP. A mage can solo it with crappy gear using skells.

So why not add a melee end game area if we are discussing a mage leveling area??

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Loki wrote:
Adept Magus Island - server side -loc 2992, 632 (area in NE of Death dungeons with adept magus ultra 55 and hks level 55. Never seen it used. Could be used if made to 65 and ultra 65 mobs. Good for mages since it is a trans area.

SabreWolf Fortress - server side -loc 2327,1047 (SabreWolf fort by Death Dungeons) buff this place to 60-65 since it is non trans, good spot for melees cuz spawn is constant

Minion Adept Fortress - server side -loc2425, 2338 (NW Odium fort with Adept Minions and Grey Trolls) Never used. Good spot for 65-70 because they hurt due to the freeze+fragor combo, however the exp is not up to par with the difficulty so no one uses it. Drops also not good here.

Could make these areas 65+ zones

Right now its just hks which the same melee pkers keep pking mages since its a no trans zone and they can sp run

I know ej is busy with 2.0 but would it be hard to do something to these?

Read my first post . I'm not talking only about mage spots. You have no skills then. My 64 warrioor can solo bottom DD with 72%amp and has less ac. Learn to dodge the beam+staff combo. Once they beam, instantly walk away from the caster and it wont hit you. All the Armor and amp in the world means nothing if youre a bad player and you are bad. We kicked you from link because youre a complete newbie in raids and kept wiping our raids failing to tank and not bringing healing wands/potions and trying to leech while doing zero.

Last edited by Loki on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:59 pm

Lets see a video of this famous 64 soloing DD... I need less than 100 meds now using a vish and GP to tank Terroth or 3rd yet can barely make it down corridor solo in bottom DD using vish, whites and fierce... Yes you can just about dodge staff beam but get it wrong once and u lose fw and your hp pot whereas a mage loses nothing

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:08 pm

xenimus needs larger hunting areas. someone posted saying that hunting areas are designed for pretty much 1 person. that's pretty much how it feels. I think there should be many many areas like spider patch but 10x larger...even larger than that possibly....maybe add some random spawn super creatures that are larger than normal that give a lil more exp or items found or something.....couple other good examples of nice open hunting grounds is like the island beside the server side warrior island and trolls outside of solus or despair...cant remember which one it is atm but yea...

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:54 pm

any possibility of this being an easy thing to change/ add ej?

Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:26 pm

Larger is definitely key word here

Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:36 am

ejthayer wrote:
I might do it, but I hate feeding the never ending cycle. I'm sure you will wonder what that is, but I have already told you so many times it gets annoying.

Most of the frustration of leveling doesn't start until 50+. 50-60 isn't too difficult to achieve if no hunting spots are taken, but 60-70 is where a lot of players get tired of the same spots taken by the same people without alternate spots to go to that are worth it.

There are plenty of places to level from 1-50. These levels can be obtained fairly quickly so there isn't anyone really hording these spots.

Starting around 50 everyone goes to DS circle daemons and the never ending cycle of fighting for spawn begins all the way to 70.

There are so many unused places that just need a little adjusting to the monster level and exp that could recycled into more hunting spots 50-70 for mages and fighters.

I'm not saying 70 should be handed over easily, but it would be cool to see more players reach the level cap. More max level players means more pvp and raiding.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next