View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 3 unused forts, zones that could work for 65+ areas w/-locs 
Site Admin

Yes that is the never ending cycle. I'm not a fan of copy and paste dungeons, so I probably wont do that, but a new area is possible.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:02 pm
A nice expierence boost would be awesome. I mean 2.0 is on the way and that is going to be the new server. Why not boost expierence and drop rates for these last few months, let everyone expierence end game. I'm sure it would increase population and let people get the feel for Xen before 2.0

Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:42 pm

well keep in mind

the classes that need leveling zones are

Mages level 60-70

the zones need to be transable

none trans zones just do not work for mages

as they have no way of traversing it efficiantly

feel free to make the hunting zones big in a way it can incorporate more then just 2-3 person hunting there
you have alot of dead space in a lack of better words use it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0O_wBhkU4&t=46s

Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:57 pm
Site Admin

I will not even consider an exp boost when it is so much easier to level now. Asking for that is a waste of your time.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:09 pm
well making 1.2 billion exp to pull dirus wolfies is just not worth my time to relvl for pulls lol

Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Just out of interest EJ, In your opinion. How long (in hours) do you consider going from level 0 - End game to be reasonable? Not just in xenimus.. but in any game?

Think like a player instead of a developer for a moment, if you were playing a game... one of which you have played for many years, one of which you know inside and out. you know all the best areas, you know the quickest routes and all the shortcuts.... With that in mind....How many hours do you consider to be reasonable to reach end-game content?

I ask this because in all honesty... While your game is enjoyable, the amount of hours it takes to reach end-game content is very disproportionate when compared to most other RPG games. I've played your game longer (on and off) than any other game I've ever played and yet i'm still not at the end-game yet. Again while I enjoy the game, I don't see it ever becoming popular to new players for as long as it takes this long to reach end-game. Consider this... In no other games do I have to fight people for spawn as much as I do in xenimus... and yet most of the other games are alot bigger? as in alot more players? Why is that? I'm not trying to be condescending but perhaps that's something you should seriously think about when creating xen 2.0, how come WoW has soo many players and yet... i never have to fight for spawn? I have my opinions as to why I think that is but I would love to hear your own.

I will conclude with this..... Once apon a time RPG games were all about grinding and leveling, getting as high level as you can to become more powerful. The way games are now leans more into... Learn the basics of the game as you level, Hit end-game in a reasonable time, and then the game really begins...(even expansions for other RPGs which cost just as much as the original only give u +5-10levels... because levels arn't important so long as there is content for once you have achieved them) with quests, dungeons, points to be earnt to retrieve goods, PVP events to obtain specific items geared to PVP matches and lets not forget... a good storyline to go with it. The story is very important to me, I feel this is something you had started and have since lost which is a shame.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:35 pm

If you activate GvE, can you please allow NO interactions between the two except through WC and cons merchant selling?

Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:24 pm

ejthayer wrote:
Yes that is the never ending cycle. I'm not a fan of copy and paste dungeons, so I probably wont do that, but a new area is possible.

I supplied u 3 forts -loc no one uses. Can't u just raise those areas to be level 65-70+ mobs? 2 of those areas are55-57 areas ( says so when I charm the mobs) the other is I'm guessing 60+

Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:37 pm
Site Admin

I don't measure it in hours, I don't compare this game to others, I don't just just copy everyone else. I posted about making the game skill based and many people shot the idea down.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:44 pm

No keep xen unique. Most of us played it and,still play it, Whether casual, on breaks, or 24/7 because it's unique.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next