View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 3 unused forts, zones that could work for 65+ areas w/-locs 

Adept Magus Island - server side -loc 2992, 632 (area in NE of Death dungeons with adept magus ultra 55 and hks level 55. Never seen it used. Could be used if made to 65 and ultra 65 mobs. Good for mages since it is a trans area.

SabreWolf Fortress - server side -loc 2327,1047 (SabreWolf fort by Death Dungeons) buff this place to 60-65 since it is non trans, good spot for melees cuz spawn is constant

Minion Adept Fortress - server side -loc2425, 2338 (NW Odium fort with Adept Minions and Grey Trolls) Never used. Good spot for 65-70 because they hurt due to the freeze+fragor combo, however the exp is not up to par with the difficulty so no one uses it. Drops also not good here.

Could make these areas 65+ zones

Right now its just hks which the same melee pkers keep pking mages since its a no trans zone and they can sp run

I know ej is busy with 2.0 but would it be hard to do something to these?

Last edited by Loki on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:15 pm

I'm going to need to agree with Loki here.

Casters are at a significant disadvantage when it comes to farming since virtually all of the high level hunting areas are notrans.

Fighter types dominate these areas both in PVP and PVE. Casters simply cannot keep up with them.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:23 pm

need a lv 60+ mage friendly place where 60-70 is achievable. If i remember correctly theres two camps, god and evil which at one point you needed for jeloc or somthing, those camps could be made into 60+ hunting spots.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:55 pm

Rhubarb wrote:
I'm going to need to agree with Loki here.

Casters are at a significant disadvantage when it comes to farming since virtually all of the high level hunting areas are notrans.

Fighter types dominate these areas both in PVP and PVE. Casters simply cannot keep up with them.

Totally agree

Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:13 pm
I hunted server side mystic barbs aka new pix for 60-70, a non trans zone. It took me FOREVER.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:25 pm

What should be worked on, imo is putting GvE back into Xenimus. That means dangerous hunting spots where GvE can happen, then slightly less dangerous hunting zones on good and evil sides. But all in all, more relevant hunting zones - and by this you pretty much have to put the same areas in like you do with warrior castles/mbarbs. Adding a quirky grey troll hunting zone for 6mil exp per hr doesn't work because no one will go there.

Game population does not have to be a problem at all. You WILL have to let people raid together I do grant, so they should be anti pk too.

Xen 2.0 reminds me of Xen FP which was an utter flop. I remember EJ polling us after FP was out for a few months asking if we wanted him to work on that or TD. We all said TD.

For some reason Xenimus worked. It didn't work big time, but it worked. That's what should get the attention. EJ might have to realise TD Xen is a one hit wonder, just be proud it maintained its community for like 15 years+, that's amazing.

2.0 sounds like it is making one less mistake than FP by basically being a massive update instead of a new game. So I grant that. But if you change Xen too much you might kill it.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:25 pm

added -locs and 3 unused potential spots already in game that could just be buffed up since they are never used.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:47 am
Site Admin

I might do it, but I hate feeding the never ending cycle. I'm sure you will wonder what that is, but I have already told you so many times it gets annoying.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:50 am

ejthayer wrote:
I might do it, but I hate feeding the never ending cycle. I'm sure you will wonder what that is, but I have already told you so many times it gets annoying.

Yes Please. I know you mean the never ending cycle that no one is ever happy or will always say one spot is better than another. But these 3 I know and others would agree are never used. More hunting spots cant hurt anyone.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:48 pm

You mean the cycle where by everyone flocks to the 'highest Xp per hour' location and disregards any other location as being a 'hunting' area.

An easy fix to that is to isolate a particular area/mob that people level and then duplicate it, giving multiple people multiple areas ll of which give the same exp (similar to what you did with Hks)

Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next