View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 3 unused forts, zones that could work for 65+ areas w/-locs 

+1 Feral, up to 50 is a pretty easy and enjoyable experience now, but after that it becomes extremely tedious because of limited areas and you lose some great spots because of diminishing exp. Especially since you can't really participate in any PVP until then.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:50 am

Feral Child wrote:
ejthayer wrote:
I might do it, but I hate feeding the never ending cycle. I'm sure you will wonder what that is, but I have already told you so many times it gets annoying.

Most of the frustration of leveling doesn't start until 50+. 50-60 isn't too difficult to achieve if no hunting spots are taken, but 60-70 is where a lot of players get tired of the same spots taken by the same people without alternate spots to go to that are worth it

Agreed. I have 7 characters all level 60-68 (one lvl 70) because at those levels, there's not many areas to level and the experience isn't worth the grind to me.

If drops were upped some, item lvl wise, I'd level a few of my 65s to 70 hoping for good drops.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:00 am

The amount of xp you need period is ridiculous for the player base and amount of content. Reduce it - it's 2017.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:23 pm

If people are hunting, they should be able to hunt as fast as anyone else their gear, level, or class.

Standardization is key, test the areas to see how much exp they give and level it out. Otherwise you might as well delete most of them. Xenimus has always been a grind party and that doesn't have to change. But fighting over hunting spots is dumb.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:51 pm

I have always found hunting spots that give a bit less XP, but then you don't face interruptions that bring your XP per hour down.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:19 pm

Up to 50 is "fun" ... and "easy" ... What?

Yeah, because hunting Isle Adepts from 28-36 is a blast /s

No, but seriously... all of those janky high level areas that used to be huntable by level 25s-40s... need to be made lower again.

This game is literally just designed for high level characters... BUT HIGH LEVEL CHARACTERS just hunt in the same places all day anyway.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:55 am

[quote="danjr"]I have always found hunting spots that give a bit less XP, but then you don't face interruptions that bring your XP per hour down.[/quote]

This is a really negative thing to be saying. Inviting the problem to continue just because you don't mind it.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:06 pm

If you go into an area where you CAN make 12 mil an hour. Then someone else shows up in the area. Your XP per hour will go down, via shared monsters. As well as if you stop to chat with or fight the person.
So I hedge my bets and go where I WILL make 10 mil per hour.

I do agree, and have had MANY arguments with EJ over the years about hunting grounds. I was on him about this from when he added in the new continents. The player base was huge and hunting grounds were sparse.

Now it is to few hunting grounds for those in the 60-65-70 brackets of leveling. Especially considering the small player base. Imagine if we had 100 people playing.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:19 am

Minion Adept fortress with Grey Trolls (Server: -loc 2432, 2338)

I am just wondering if it would be possible to update this fort? Everyone would agree it is 100% unused for the following reasons.

1. The away and fragor and freeze are too powerful. However, I do not suggest nerfing them but instead making a grace period between when you can get any of these because the ONLY thing that makes it too powerful is they stack.

So you can literally get Frozen three-four times in a row back to back meaning you're instantly dead. Especially if there are 3-4 minion adepts in the screen, which there are.

2. The drops here are like 95% NDNT Runic Staves and 5% NDNT Acid Maces. I have tried hunting here in the past and recently tried again and after 5 days of hunting there NOT One item other than Runic Staff and Acid Mace. IDK If this is bugged or what. I know it also gives a (ndnt Found item like Demo Leather) but That is not worth (imo) the trouble.

3. The NDNT (found items) are not up to par with the difficulty of the dungeon. Example, in a few days of hunting there I have gotten only 2 items (Ndnt demo leather and ndnt Black Dragon Sword) The demo IS ilvl 65 and appropriate but the black dragon sword is ilvl 57 whiich could be a higher level item.

This ties back to my other post where the itemlevels throughout the game's drop rate could be upped to help with economy. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5389

Hoping you take a look at this area. It is a shame such a nice and unique place goes untouched for years.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:41 pm

any word on if this can be done ej IF and only IF it would be a quick thing to do? (as to not take any time off 2.0 work)

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5