View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Confused on damage modifiers 

I created a darkwar class cause juxta was cool for me,how ever the damage scaling is but confusing a times. The skills buff it's air and fire damage, into buffs the one skill that buffs fire damage. But then there's a skill to make melee proc juxta... So for pure pve aspect is it a strength/agil based or like int/cons or str/in. What exactly is the modifiers to the abilities damage, it says fire and skills are fire so my assumption would be build all int with cons to be tanker since it's melee range ability. Is there a better breakdown of its scaling? Like 5% more DMG per str points and 2.5% per int point etc etc

Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:09 pm

EJ said on discord they are Str + Intelligence + Fire stat combined to buff the Juxta spell.

Juxta should be ZERO based on STR since it's a fire magic spell and should be strictly off intelligence + fire bonus like any other fire magic spell.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:29 pm

Ok thank you that helps some, didn't look at any discord or anything. Though yes definitely wouldn't hurt to give a weight how stats contribute to spells not just what element it is. Guess I'll try for now doing either 1-1-1 or a 1-1-2 on str cons int

Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:08 pm

Loki wrote:
EJ said on discord they are Str + Intelligence + Fire stat combined to buff the Juxta spell.

Juxta should be ZERO based on STR since it's a fire magic spell and should be strictly off intelligence + fire bonus like any other fire magic spell.

If i remember, it wasn't that its STR + INT + the Fire bonus.

But that it is Str or INT + the Fire bonus.

It also would not be fair or make sense for the sake of allowing the class to PVP while still being able to PVE to make it INT only. The other classes are capable of PvPing during their "PvE" builds as well. The darkwar should not be excluded from that.

phpBB [video]

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:23 pm

No he said both str and int.

I made a post asking ej about it but he never replied.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:37 pm

The class isn't worth playing, make any other class. Darkwar is dead

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:17 am

Eh with all do respect I play it because it's interesting and I like the aspect of it. Not because it's meta or I plan to be come top tier. Just for the pure aspect of it is all for me. I tried mage class and biggest gripe for me is the fact a caster can insta warp on marks vs melee is tied to scrolls and wait times, this if your in danger on mage you can pretty much escape within seconds vs melee you have to hunker down and hopefully survive while portal opens.
Otherwise it's fun for me and that's what I'm after by playing it. Nothing fancy or other special reasons just cause it's fun and appealing.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:54 pm

Shadow323 wrote:
Eh with all do respect I play it because it's interesting and I like the aspect of it. Not because it's meta or I plan to be come top tier. Just for the pure aspect of it is all for me. I tried mage class and biggest gripe for me is the fact a caster can insta warp on marks vs melee is tied to scrolls and wait times, this if your in danger on mage you can pretty much escape within seconds vs melee you have to hunker down and hopefully survive while portal opens.
Otherwise it's fun for me and that's what I'm after by playing it. Nothing fancy or other special reasons just cause it's fun and appealing.

You'll see what I mean eventually.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:04 pm

Shadow323 wrote:

You're going to find yourself wasting time. Don't do it. The class can't kill monsters or players and it DEFINITELY cannot hunker down, before or after an update.

You wont find anything fun or appealing about the class.

phpBB [video]

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]