View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Ideas from a perpetual Newb 

Hey all.

I've been a player since I was in high school back in the early 2000's. I've never been good at the game and probably never will be but here are a few things I think would be cool to see.

1. An updated map - This is one of the things that will drive off a casual crowd. I understand secrets and exploration is cool but the map is a wreck and I shouldn't have to 3rd party to update it.

2. A heat map of difficulty - Like in Fallout 4 you understood that the difficulty went up as the map radiated towards the south/east.

3. EJ approved character guides - I think Loki mentioned the other day we still don't know how to properly build Darkwars. Is it strength or intel, or Strength and Intel.

4. More quests like the elemental quest - Sometimes I want to chill and just run around and kill stuff. I don't want to go back after killing 50 ogres I just want to easily turn in the 1000 ogres I killed (Because F*@k those ugly things)

5. More diverse mid level hunting - I like hunting at Vel imps but I don't want to do it from 26 to 42. The heat map would allow a more linear path to 70 while also not removing the exploration entirely.

6. Old school spells - I commented about it earlier but fingers crossed I still want that Flama Tueri (this is just for me). I would also like to see spells like vis glacial ventus be more available and widely used.

Let me know what you think, or don't what evs.

Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:25 pm

I like all of these ideas.

For point 5, EJ often says that there will always be a "best" place to hunt and therefore the problem will always exist - e.g. Imps give the most exp, given if only by a bit, so people will fight over Imps. It will take a little standardisation testing, which I am sure the community would happily do for him, but the areas could be tweaked and standardised to give controlled xp/hr. Monetary rewards can also diversify things too.

Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:57 pm

That's fair.

Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:10 pm

all of these ideas seem fair and logical. I would love to see the guards around the towns in elite gear rather than rags. show off vexar combos or dirus combos

Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:21 pm

Rygaron still has a reflective helm lol

Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:29 pm

Defyone wrote:
all of these ideas seem fair and logical. I would love to see the guards around the towns in elite gear rather than rags. show off vexar combos or dirus combos

I agree with this. I mean it's low on the list of things needed, but it's so weird how 99% of the NPCs in this game wear nothing or next to nothing when they're supposed to be guards and what not.

They're on the King of Terthius' payroll I assume, and he can't spring for some good gear? You got guards wearing nothing but level 1 long bows and no arrows. Your kingdom is in shambles, buddy. Get it together.

At least on the evil side they can spring for basic armor and weapons for their guards LOL

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:35 pm

I think it would be very cool to show off the highest level of gear.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:37 am
Profile WWW

[quote="Typhoon"]Rygaron still has a reflective helm lol[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: Could have hidden properties lol

Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]