View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Update is Live 

Imo things were toned down bare minimum so people say "nothing changed".
Same people crying their class didnt get a buff.

Tone UP Juxta but only if you actually build intelligence spec darkwars again.
Ej said Juxta was Str+Int+Fire combined. Int should be a MAJOR factor as it is a magical spell.

Melees are still on top like before.

Mages are better with SLIGHT ASB buff except if you lose Armor spells, you take like 300% damage.

Game should shy away from 20+ external buffs and go back to self buff.

If fully tueir/extruedere buffed, your mage can take 6 spells/ hits.

Then you lose Almus OR Teuri (to chaotis/disp/breaker)

you ONLY take 1-2 hits and insta die *like after an almus is lost".

If you can take 5 hits with Buffs, without buffs you should be able to take 4 hits.

The buffs should be minimal buff to characters total level.

This isnt easy to "fix" because that would meaning raising naked base character levels while toning down Buffed power added to squish them down together.

Tone down all external buffs (there are over 20 of them) if we want to balance classes closer together.

Example.

A mage in no buffs takes 2 hits.
A mage in teuri/extrueder takes 4 hits.
A Mage in tueri/extrudere/paladin armor buff takes 5 hits.
A mage in full tomes/runes/teuri/extrudere/paladin armor buffs/ and level 73 takes 8 hits.

Making a buff to a class, or nerf, means it mainly affects those with less gear/tomes/not 73 as they have the least character power over all.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:03 pm

Loki wrote:
Imo things were toned down bare minimum so people say "nothing changed".
Same people crying their class didnt get a buff.

Tone UP Juxta but only if you actually build intelligence spec darkwars again.
Ej said Juxta was Str+Int+Fire combined. Int should be a MAJOR factor as it is a magical spell.

I disagree with this here. We need to move away from this whole PvE/PvP spec stuff.. You shouldn't have to buy a respec just to be able to pvp on a DW.

Allow Str to be its main stat for leveling. Let it be further increase if you want to add burn for increased damage.

Loki wrote:
Melees are still on top like before.

Mages are better with SLIGHT ASB buff except if you lose Armor spells, you take like 300% damage.

Game should shy away from 20+ external buffs and go back to self buff

I agree here. I am not too sure how it works with not so HIGHLY geared melee, but the reliance on buffs (Armor, Extreuder, Velocity, Str) needs to be decreased. Increase the characters based stat power to be similar to that of having buffs and then decrease the amount the power of buffs are.

I do know that mages who have decent AC/ASB (not including the ones that have EXTRAORDINARY items) can take quite a bit of hits. It's more when you have all of the extra On hit Buffs and all that other "On random" stuff, that it all turns wacky.

The warrior is STILL incredibly powerful by an incomparable number. The 80HP the lost is not sufficient. The warrior is all around the perfect class. Stacked along with the buffs you get from your new "On-Random buffs" it turns this class into the Apex of classes.

Darkwars have lost all sort of pvp capability (Outside of the TWO god characters that play). This could work better if you worked along the Thrust ability like i explained. Juxta needs a MAJOR and i mean MAJOR increase. It is quite literally the worst spell in the entire game.

Ranger- From what I been watching, was the speed actually increased? I know you are doing this in small increments, so because of that I hope you are looking to adjust the numbers with faster updates.

To add- Please look into making the classes more specialized. Want to have rage attacks? Be a warrior/Paladin ONLY. Want lethal attacks, make it Darkwar/Ranger ONLY.

Please also look into removing all of the ALL MAGIC PROTECTION and ALL MAGIC DAMAGE properties. These sort of properties cause for the uniqueness in classes to disappear. You have Wizards in incredible amounts of Fire/Ice/Energy bonuses because almost EVERY single item above 80 has ALL MAGIC DAMAGE. If you returned to the Spirit/Fire/Ice/Shadow/Energy rings, you'd have more classes specific mages. And if ALL MAGIC PROTECTION, wasn't so abundant, maybe warriors wouldn't be able to reach 75% ALL MAGIC PROTECTION across the entire stat board.

phpBB [video]

Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:58 pm

The ASB buff, maybe relevant or irrelevant. I don't really know. It's largely subjective, and hard to measure the difference in damage you may or may not take.

The largest buffs mage received were from the fact that they can no longer lose a buff. They can only lose some effectiveness on it. Sure, if you go from full buffs to no buffs mages can die quickly, but without losing their buffs they in no shape or form die quickly. They're as tanky as warriors with buffs, and we all agree that warriors are bonkers level tanky. You no longer go from taking 20-25 hits to 5. You now go from taking 20-25 hits to 15-20 hits which gives you ample time to rebuff.

Matched with the added ease to which you can remove buffs from melee with dispel resist being nerfed so heavily / not working at all the spell effectively works every time. So now those strong buffs from rand buff that were needed for melee to kill mages are instantly knocked down to normal buff range in the first spell of a fight.

Group that with the attack speed, crit, doom nerfs where melee are doing less damage out right. Mages are REALLY strong. I'm surprised people are sleeping on them strong. Not a single person ever hesitates to let me know how bad I am on mages. I'm destroying people in a comical fashion with multiple different mage classes. I have some good mage gear, but I'm using regular vex robe, dirus boots, drac staff, regular vex gloves. Like mostly just stuff I got out of cons to fill out my gear to test mages with.

My feedback has nothing to do with MY class. It's feedback from actual gameplay, actual testing, and what my perception of things are. People are more willing to fight Hodor now than they are my randomly thrown together alts in some cases.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:41 pm

Going to be tough to say what is good and what isn't good. From my experience, I'd still like to see rangers get their shot speed buffed up slightly. That's the only thing I'm definitively set on.

As far as the mage vs melee debate.. I think it has definitely gotten closer and mages may have potentially taken over the debate... I think it sucks that there isn't anything to do so the fights that are taking place aren't really as organic as you'd like them to be. I know xenforum has brought up the caliber of mages who currently play and he's 100% correct... the fact of the matter is the remaining player base are just scrubs who pay their way to the top and circle jerk with one another to get their fun. There isn't a single mage player who's playing who people would definitively say is a "great" mage pvper.

Need to do something to make players return... especially the good ones.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:07 pm

Because mages lack the damage to PvP.

I laugh when people 8-15 beam my lvl 70 warrior in 67% amp or 8 beam Loki who has 600ac 55% amp.

Mages were ONLY scary when they had 200+ ALL MAGIC BONUS.

Now they have to spray and pray Rune of Spirit to do any damage and thats if youre dumb enough to get hit by them aka staying still.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:53 pm

the core issue just got reinforced with this update

Melees need to do more damage vs fullybuffed mages

BUT if they do that the moment mage loses a buff they get insta killed

it all goes back to the issue of buffs mattering to much.

one approach would be

Remove any sort of dispelling effect outside of the spell dispel

slow down meelee attackspeed and buff their damage per hit significantly

second approach

keep dispelling effeects the same

Lower the power of buffs significantly and increase the base tankiness of classees

Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:09 am

would it be possible to revamp PVP vs PVE damage? Buffs dont matter in PVP and balance damages in PVP (except speed and Strength?) in PVE your other buffs effect your damage reduction from monsters? That might be alot of work and coding though.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:42 am
Profile WWW

Loki wrote:
Because mages lack the damage to PvP.

I laugh when people 8-15 beam my lvl 70 warrior in 67% amp or 8 beam Loki who has 600ac 55% amp.

Mages were ONLY scary when they had 200+ ALL MAGIC BONUS.

Now they have to spray and pray Rune of Spirit to do any damage and thats if youre dumb enough to get hit by them aka staying still.

Mages do not lack the damage to pvp. We can't use you as an example when bringing up mages.

Go fight some mages on your warrior and tell me how long you last.

Since the disp nerf mages never lose buffs, any decent mage pvper would be number 1 right now.

Problem right now is the current mage players wants to sit there and be able to facetank melee damage because they lack the skill to always be moving and doing spells

Top on PvP boards is mages currently.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:17 pm

takes 7-12 beams for any to damage my warrior who is lvl 70, zero tomes, 67% amp. 3k hp.

Also pvp stats page mean nothing. You can kill your own alt accounts for kills on those pages to skew them.

Ej looks at internal numbers which shows dws winning over 85% of their pvps, hence needed a nerf.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:49 pm

Loki wrote:
takes 7-12 beams for any to damage my warrior who is lvl 70, zero tomes, 67% amp. 3k hp.

Also pvp stats page mean nothing. You can kill your own alt accounts for kills on those pages to skew them.

Ej looks at internal numbers which shows dws winning over 85% of their pvps, hence needed a nerf.

Yeah, this is a lie. Your warrior is not taking that many beams. Maybe from some sh*t warlock/wizard with 80% amd and 10cast speed.

You shouldn't lie Loki.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2