View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Update is Live 

Class Balance update is now live.

4/9/2024

10:45 pm EST

Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:57 am
Site Admin

Lots of things changed, and as I said most changes were small. People who have not even come close to giving it enough time to see how the changes will affect things will have their posts deleted.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:20 pm

ejthayer wrote:
Lots of things changed, and as I said most changes were small. People who have not even come close to giving it enough time to see how the changes will affect things will have their posts deleted.

Resist dispel, and resist stup don't appear to be working at all after the nerf. Their values on the items were reduced, but the values in the stat screen aren't showing up for any props. It seems like no matter how much you have every dispel that is cast works the first try.

I'll keep playing with it, but the darkwar nerfs seem pretty heavy handed even though it was some small changes there were a lot that affected darkwars substantially more than anyone else. They rely on sheer number of hits per second to proc affects more often to obtain their damage as a trade off for being squishier. Now they're slower, their crit/doom/chaos/dispel procs are weaker, and even with higher resist dispel or stup values you can't avoid either one which cause you to be slower, hit be weaker, and to miss more hits.

Juxta still seems massively under powered.

Those are at least my first impressions after testing with it for a little while. I'll swing back around when I've had more time to fight more people. As that is the only thing my darkwar can do it's fairly easy to get a decent idea of the affects of the changes since that is the only vertical of the game I can participate in on that character.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:52 pm

Agree on darkwars being substantially hit over other classes here.

When you go through the update notes and look at a decently geared darkwar, they've received essentially 6 separate nerfs.

Breaker and chaotic wouldn't be so bad if classes didn't rely on buffs so much and had some form of base armor. There's also this issue that the network optimizations that are put into xen delays the client from being updated about dispels, since buffs mean so much you're often near death or dead by the time the server tells you that your buffs have been dispelled.

Moving this to a 30% knockdown helps, but there's still issues in the game where it happens, like losing an almus.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:44 pm

I would like to see Darkwars given Flama tueri. I used to love that spell.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:05 am

andy012345 wrote:

When you go through the update notes and look at a decently geared darkwar, they've received essentially 6 separate nerfs.

Same can be said about Paladins and Warriors.

Warrior - HP, Fierce Warrior, AMP, Chaotic, Critical Hit, Doom ( 6 nerfs)
Paladin - Inner Str, Chaotic, Critical Hit, Doombringer, (4 nerfs)

All seem minimal which was probably the goal.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:41 am

I am sorry but - Testing dmg is not rocket science - a 73 druid vs a 73 warrior with on par gear - it should not take 15 sidus spells to get them to med. When they can 6 hit the druid in seconds.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:23 pm

Kallen wrote:
I am sorry but - Testing dmg is not rocket science - a 73 druid vs a 73 warrior with on par gear - it should not take 15 sidus spells to get them to med. When they can 6 hit the druid in seconds.

Yeah druids need dmg buff, also people need to learn how to trans pvp and not just try to face tank everything.

Face tanking melee damage should NEVER be a thing

Mages out here taking 15 arrows to the face is even more wild.

Last edited by IKEA on Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:52 am

once again slow down attacks per second slow down casts per second

Increse damage accordingly

i would say a decent ratio should be

20-30% per hit/beam

a class could deal more dmg but then they shoudl also survive equally less

Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:45 pm

Mages are absolutely better than melee now in general again.
Warrior is still an outlier in terms of melee ability to be tanky while using speed burst to have solid win conditions with stomp.
darkwars were hit WAY to hard in way to many ways. Reverting everything except dispel, chaos, breaker would be a good start.
Darkwar juxta still unusably bad.

Diabolist still really bad.
Haven't tried my druid yet.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next