View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:06 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Class Balance Update 
Site Admin

What is the RNG application?

Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:50 pm

ejthayer wrote:

Loki can speak for himself but I believe he's referring to the generator you use for items that assigns stats to them? I think you've told us before that the game automatically gives certain items a certain amount of stats based on the item level. This obviously makes designing a vast amount of items a lot easier but creates an issue when properly determining what "good" stats are. For example, the new vexar mage cape has heal on hit as the "extra" prop for being higher ilevel than an ordinary vexar cape but heal on hit is virtually useless when you compare it to the vexar warrior cape that is granted another hp steal. There are these type of things across a bunch of items in the game

Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:08 pm

Rippy wrote:
ejthayer wrote:

Loki can speak for himself but I believe he's referring to the generator you use for items that assigns stats to them? I think you've told us before that the game automatically gives certain items a certain amount of stats based on the item level. This obviously makes designing a vast amount of items a lot easier but creates an issue when properly determining what "good" stats are. For example, the new vexar mage cape has heal on hit as the "extra" prop for being higher ilevel than an ordinary vexar cape but heal on hit is virtually useless when you compare it to the vexar warrior cape that is granted another hp steal. There are these type of things across a bunch of items in the game

Yes this is what I mean. Forgive me if I am mistaken but I believe you said this before. You didnt use the words rng application.

"that the game automatically gives certain items a certain amount of stats based on the item level"

Some variety can be added to the game by personally adding props to the game so you could add a Vexar Cape with +1 shot speed so you know that's a ranger cape or Vexar Mage Cape with +1 cast speed or +1 revenge, etc . Cool ideas instead of the generator assigning them for you.

I know that means more work though so I'm not expecting a ton of changes, but 2 or 3 things like that would be cool.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:13 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2