View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:24 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Item Wipe Emails - Do you want one? 

[quote="IKEA"]Yeah but updates doesn't come often enough for that to work.

I don't think you understand ill make an example for you.

If you spend 6 hours in top dd for a day and get a drop and that drop is worth 1g at merchant because it won't sell. You see where i'm going with this?

Now imagine doing that for a month and not making anything because nothing has value. Selling an item for 10plat is NOTHING when you have to invest so many hours.

And the pots required to be able to farm up there aren't cheap so you will use WAY more than you gain... Finding an item is not exciting anymore, the chances of getting something actually worth a damn is so low.

So wiping the game and reducing drop rates will increase value of everything and it will hold value. But this is the easy and lazy route instead of actually fixing the problems (adding salvage option) etc[/quote]

Increase the plat value of some of the drops sell to the vendor, I honestly think the market is stagnate because there isnt alot of liquid plat, everyone is playing late game stuff. But maybe im wrong. The item prices are coming down cause even your veteran players only have a couple hundred plat around

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:48 pm

Yeah that's what i'm saying, people have endgame stuff and the cost of upgrades is too much for barely any benefit so nothing sells... There's too much gear in the game.

And the problem is that the damage is already done, he would have to add so much new gear to chase to fix this problem. And E.J doesn't update that often so it doesn't work

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:51 pm

[quote="IKEA"]Yeah that's what i'm saying, people have endgame stuff and the cost of upgrades is too much for barely any benefit so nothing sells... There's too much gear in the game.[/quote]

I think it the opposite there is limited liquid plat in the game, making people only want to invest in the best propped stuff and all the other stuff is worthless

If there were a little more liquid plat I believe those decently propped items would sell

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:55 pm

Honestly i think that a system that allows you to break down items and purchase a new item is the way to go - Like you did with Spirit Crystals make a vendor for by gear Tiers 90-100, 101-110, 111-120, 120+ and have a vendor that you can give crystals for a potion pack and or a item reroll - Takes the item and removes all properties allowing you to reprop.

Just a thought.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:59 pm

Marukai07 wrote:
IKEA wrote:
Yeah that's what i'm saying, people have endgame stuff and the cost of upgrades is too much for barely any benefit so nothing sells... There's too much gear in the game.

I think it the opposite there is limited liquid plat in the game, making people only want to invest in the best propped stuff and all the other stuff is worthless

If there were a little more liquid plat I believe those decently propped items would sell

Here's an example for you, someone has 10% armor 4amp armor and wants 10% armor/bases/4amp armor they have to pay like 4x more just for that prop. So it's not worth it, the economy is dead and you will notice this if you reach the real endgame.

The game under itemlevel 90-100 doesn't matter, talking about those itemlevels is irrelevant at this stage.

You should get a oh sh*t feeling when you find an item, not disappointment. Which is 99% of the time.

If you could break down items for profit this would change everything.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:01 pm

No wipe, people invested too many hours in game.A wipe will not fix anything and players who invest most time will come out ahead again.

Solution to the gear issue would be a salvage system. Maybe salvage based on item level starting at ilvl90 where you get shards I.e ilvl90-100 item gives one shard, ilvl 100-110 gives two, etc.

Shards are then able to be used at merch on possibly an item to either remove a prop from an item or a full reroll of the item. Also maybe allowing non tradeable gear to be moved around on same account only. Or maybe the possibility to make an item blank again.

I think salvage system will correct the market making all junk gear essentially be salvaged and cons prices to be corrected in the process.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:48 pm

Wipe - My vote is Yes

But a better thing to do would to have a Seasonal server

have x1 remain as it is

host a new server where everyone starts fresh.
Tweak i suggest

Remove NDNT items from dropping
Remove Found items,
increase droprates maybe
increase exp rates maybe
Remove Tomes from dropping on seasonal server

After season is Over move characters from seasonal server to x1

season could be anywhere from 4-12 months and have it start fresh again after that

Im saying this because everyone Loves a fresh server(gearbuyers being the exception but we shoudnt cater to them should we?
i know alot of players who had the most fun in recent years during the PVP server even with its flaws(level capping)

i for one would return for a seasonal server setting in xenimus and i know others who would aswell

a seasonal server woudnt be as riddled with pay 2 win as 1.0 where people use any way possible to gain advantage on other people

Last edited by notthisshitagain on Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:06 pm

[quote="notthisshitagain"]Wipe - Yes it would arguably be for the better

most naysayers are invested with rl cash (not all of them)

but a better thing to do would perhaps to have a Seasonal server

have x1 remain as it is

host a new server where everyone starts fresh. Tweak it abit perhaps

my suggestions, Remove NDNT items, Found items, maybe increase droprates, exp rates abit, No Tomes

have that server start fresh every 4-12 months and Move over all characters From that server to x1

reason im saying this is everyone Loves a fresh server no matter what anyone else says everyone likes to compete for being the first to max level first to get this and that.

and having a server where you can do that on every few months/year would bring back players that eventually quit due to either reaching the Peak of the game gearwise or get tierd of the constant rl trading[/quote]

Splitting the player base is absolutely a terrible idea

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:14 pm

It will allow players a Choice it works exceptionally well in ALL games that do it.

Path of exile, Diablo 3, ascension wow, list goes on

and if it "splits" playerbase its clearly because some people dont enjoy 1.0 as it is

my speculations is that the Seasonal server will most definently be more popular than 1.0

It will bring back quite a few players. that i know are tierd of all overflooded gear on 1.0

hunting zones on 1.0 are already overcrowded anti pk besides veil.... so i dunno wtf your on about

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:19 pm

[quote="notthisshitagain"]It will allow players a Choice it works exceptionally well in ALL games that do it.

Path of exile, Diablo 3, ascension wow, list goes on

and if it "splits" playerbase its clearly because some people dont enjoy 1.0 as it is

my speculations is that the Seasonal server will most definently be more popular than 1.0

It will bring back quite a few players. that i know are tierd of all overflooded gear on 1.0

hunting zones on 1.0 are already overcrowded anti pk besides veil.... so i dunno wtf your on about[/quote]

POE standard league is dead and always has been, D3 same thing, I know nothing of WoW

as many players as it may bring back I would likely guess youll lose that many long term players not willing to re-put the time in, will the new players stay? They didnt before, its doubtful they will again

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:29 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next