View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 3:08 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Item Wipe Emails - Do you want one? 

i dont know why i cant reply in the update section but i vote no to a wipe we will just lose half of the active players again its far to soon for a wipe we just had one...

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:17 pm

Problem is no items have any value due to not being able to salvage sh*t propped items. So everyone has everything even if it's sh*t propped items, the boost in stats for better props doesn't matter much so good propped sh*t won't sell either.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:20 pm

I don't agree on a item wipe. I do think destroying items for a rewards is a good way to get rid of the "bad" gear.
If it's pots or some kind of coin that you can buy new items or pots with from a special merchant.

New areas , new gear. Maybe allow every player to be 73 and tome of adv gets you to 76 where you have new areas to play in.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:22 pm

As a brand new player I would not want a wipe, I honestly would move on from the game if I just started a few weeks ago and have now gotten somewhat established and then got wiped already.

I am really enjoying the uniqueness of the game, and want to continue playing but without a wipe

For those of you saying it will put me at the same playing field as everyone, no it wont a lot of you have been playing 15+ years it doesn't matter to you if there is a wipe because 3 weeks later you'll be back in good gear, for me kings quest is very difficult still so it will take me forever to even get the minor gear I have back that I feel is just now starting to make the harder stuff fun.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:24 pm

Marukai07 wrote:
As a brand new player I would not want a wipe, I honestly would move on from the game if I just started a few weeks ago and have now gotten somewhat established and then got wiped already.

I am really enjoying the uniqueness of the game, and want to continue playing but without a wipe

For those of you saying it will put me at the same playing field as everyone, no it wont a lot of you have been playing 15+ years it doesn't matter to you if there is a wipe because 3 weeks later you'll be back in good gear, for me kings quest is very difficult still so it will take me forever to even get the minor gear I have back that I feel is just now starting to make the harder stuff fun.

Yes, but you must understand aswell that endgame is dead. There's no trading, nothing is worth anything. No one PvPs. Something needs to happen, and no one really wants a wipe. People are just looking for solutions.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:27 pm

I cant quote your last post IKEA I dont know why

I mean I have cons'd items and traded for items that are apparently considered beginning "end game" already in a few cheaper slots - also how many players would be retained after the wipe would the community dwindle even more since your wiping hours and hours and hours of farming from people?

Find solutions as in up the level cap with a Tome of Advanced Advancement so that the 73s can go to 75, add a new area that drops a new item set to farm thats higher ilvl for a little more creep, add more interesting runes that do the unique things.

Tweak some classes to make it so they can farm a little higher areas so it isnt just 1 or two classes up there

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:33 pm

Yeah but updates doesn't come often enough for that to work.

I don't think you understand ill make an example for you.

If you spend 6 hours in top dd for a day and get a drop and that drop is worth 1g at merchant because it won't sell. You see where i'm going with this?

Now imagine doing that for a month and not making anything because nothing has value. Selling an item for 10plat is NOTHING when you have to invest so many hours.

And the pots required to be able to farm up there aren't cheap so you will use WAY more than you gain... Finding an item is not exciting anymore, the chances of getting something actually worth a damn is so low.

So wiping the game and reducing drop rates will increase value of everything and it will hold value. But this is the easy and lazy route instead of actually fixing the problems (adding salvage option) etc

Last edited by IKEA on Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:38 pm

Wipe - No, the result would just turn out the same especially if you don't change anything.

Whatever you decide, make sure it isn't a band-aid fix. More content, slowly but surely. People will reach end game regardless of what you do.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:39 pm

No to full wipe.

The only thing wiping does is create a new market for buyers and sellers. With the current farming areas lacking people would get upset they couldn't farm due to areas being bogged down and would just end up quitting again.
I also don't think anyone wants to go through that chest pull wait line again for 55/65 and 70 pulls... just horrendous.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:39 pm

Ej i sent this to you a couple months ago - while you were working on another bug - so ill bring it back -

Any thoughts on making more tomes? Tome of Damage(5amd, 5Dmg), Tome of Protection(50 armor), Tome Magic
Protection(4amp).

Also an idea i had was instead of straight veil farming to obtain these maybe have a vendor that takes
Boss Mats to get them like 100 of each boss drop to get a TOA, 75 for TOV, 50 for TOH, 50 for TOM. so
on so forth? Or even a Random tome for 60 of each boss mat. A lot of quests have been implemented around
boss drops being obtained but no items worthy of using them on - compared to the current economy this
would push people to be more active to be honest.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:48 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next