View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:36 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Item Wipe Emails - Do you want one? 
Site Admin

I have been getting emails about an item wipe of X1. Lots of rumors apparently going around about a possible wipe. I don't currently have anything like that planned. Seems like those rumors are out there because people want a wipe? Another fresh start?

If that was to happen I would have to lower the drop rate so high end gear was not so quick to get to. Maybe based on wealth or manual control.

Talk about it here.

Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:04 pm

Yes I would love to see a wipe. However, take advantage of the fresh start with not just gear, but balance out the game first. We want to see fun PVP at all levels (not just end game). There are several items that are just too powerful and rare, making those that have these items nearly invincible. Fix current quests (people don't use 95% of them). Take a look at items again - add negative and positive built-in properties so that the same item types of higher levels are just the exact same item with better stats - gives people choice what item to use based on how different the built-ins are.

A lot can be done to make the game fun again (currently very stagnant).

Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:07 pm

changing my vote for Yes 100% for wipe.

Also gear is hard to find for casual players.

Players who nolife and grind 12-16 hours a day find tons of gear in TOP DD because well, they are on all day every day. And the same will happen after another wipe.

The problem isnt really gear coming in its that alot of the gear becomes useless or untradable if it gets crappy props or -imbues badly.

Make a way to break down gear for materials, potions, so that gear flows OUT of the game, maybe even new items based on shards gear can be broken in to.

Wealth: in my opinion this kind of hurts the game because 1. Players that hit 65-70 do NOT want to equip low or mid tier lvl 90+ items because they want to continue to do King Quest, or Enter Spider Lair, etc and hope for end game 90+ gear (110-120+)

King Quest would have to be updated to about 600 wealth cap and also make it so you cannot get the SAME item twice. (IE you can get 7+ melee weps back to back as a mage) and vica versa.

A returning player should be able to come into the game and see consignment and buy low-mid tier 90+ items and WANT to equip them but instead will NOT because they dont want to ruin wealth at the expense of not being able to Great King quest, etc

Last edited by Loki on Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:45 pm

I don't want an item wipe. I don't know of any active players that consistently play that want all of their work wiped away. That largely comes from the population that no longer plays, or has since "rid themselves of their gear" that want to return on even footing.

What I want is more content. I've already beat the same content that we have twice from scratch. I don't think beating it a third time would be very enjoyable.

We need a next version. Which means something like :
Increased level cap to 75 or 80.
New spells/skills/abilities
New higher ilvl item sets
New bosses
New farming areas
New potions

The new stuff doesn't have to be so significantly stronger that the old content fades away, but there needs to be a way to progress forward.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:43 am

Vote Cast - No Wipe

phpBB [video]

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:59 am

No, wipe is not needed. If you can add way for us to salvage our sh*t propped gear for supplies. Pots or something and reward increasing with ILVL it's pretty much fixed.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:40 am

I agree with what I read.

I just came back and would still like a wipe. I do have a problem i see with the wipe though.

If there was a full wipe, warriors who do not have Tomes would be useless because of the Magic Power issue, and with a wipe there would be no Rune of Spirit either so that makes them useless especially for casual players like myself.

Are Tomes being wiped in the full wipe? IDK if that would be a smart move, but there should be something to balance out the warriors that wont be able to play because of no Rune of Spirit.

Yes I'm a warrior and thats why im bringing this concern up. I dont have the time to relevel but am willing to spend couple hours every couple days to re farm gear after a wipe.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:11 am
Profile WWW

No need for a wipe. Legit players would lose all their hard earned progress, meanwhile the gear sellers who just cleaned out their inventory would get a fresh start to fill their inventory again so they could clear out just before instigating the next item wipe. Whoever is bugging you to do an item wipe isn't doing so for straightforward reasons, if they want to start fresh it's easy to create a new account. What they actually want is for everyone else to have to start fresh. Don't let the squeaky wheels ruin it for everyone else. Sure, you'll see a surge of players at first, but in the endgame item wipes make people stop playing.

Item wipes should only be used if necessary. Don't turn the primary game experience into the seasonal server idea you keep shutting down.

I like IKEA's idea of implementing a way to recycle gear you're never going to use into pots/supplies. Obviously this wouldn't work for NDNT gear.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:18 am

73s already inst kill 70s. So adding a cap of 75-80 means the people who NEVER log off are going to be unkillable as MOST people will never attain those levels but 5 players. 75, sure. But they would have to be nerfed in base power from leel 73 to 75.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:02 pm

Loki wrote:
73s already inst kill 70s. So adding a cap of 75-80 means the people who NEVER log off are going to be unkillable as MOST people will never attain those levels but 5 players. 75, sure. But they would have to be nerfed in base power from leel 73 to 75.

People with more game time will always win, that's every game. The only fix here is for you to play more.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:12 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next