View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:36 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Item Wipe Emails - Do you want one? 

Its sad that everyone that complains about others ideas also doesnt give a solution to why they think it should or shouldnt work. This topic should be about giving him ideas not bashing others. Explain why you dont like something by giving a solution. If you dont like it then just dont comment, This is why EJ just doesnt respond or fix anything because everyone basically just says (trash idea and gives zero solution).

Im in for a wipe - this may also lose people - and yes people that have more time to play will advance first, thats how games work LOL
Im also for no wipe but need to work on gear dumps/recircs - See my idea in "Thoughts on Gear Dump".

Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:46 pm
Profile WWW

Thatoneguy wrote:
Rippy wrote:
pfielsticker wrote:
I vote no to an Item wipe. I said last wipe I was fine with it if you fixed your game, but since then you've done nothing to better or expand the game. You've added catch up methods for pulls/weekly dungeons and these things being added has only caused more issues and bugs. I don't think anyone wants to farm the same thing over and over for tomes/gear/ndnts for a 3rd time with no changes done in game SINCE the wipe. We have emailed you bugs to fix for almost a year now and still have yet to see or fix that. Start monitoring and fixing your game instead of just wiping it for us to do all over again.

This is the first argument that I've heard that actually makes any sense as to why not wipe and only because he mentions EJ has had a history of not doing the changes necessary.. the rest of y'all random blue accounts just talking about random stuff that is honestly pointless because the game is super unenjoyable right now...

Game still remains plagued with exploited gear that is going to be EXTREMELY unfair for returning players to not have taken advantage of..

This is exactly what I’m saying is pointless about a wipe.. just worded differently… and if game is unenjoyable a wipe isn’t fixing it.. plain and simple. Without first fixing the issues with the game a wipe would put you right back where you are

100% ... Like I said.. the game would require a bunch of changes to go with the wipe... without it.. it is pointless for sure

People seem to really be avoiding the issue about the exploited gear in the game though lol... how is that not being talked about more lol

Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:46 pm

[quote="notthisshitagain"][quote="Neorift"]No, an item wipe is neither necessary nor wanted.

The main pull of Xenimus' game loop for many people is that it allows you to consistently get better over time. An item wipe is a heavy-handed solution that completely eliminates all the time and effort players invest into building the wealth of their characters.

[size=200]Wiping all items from the game because the game feels "stagnant" is not a good reason to wipe away the progress of all the players who have consistently dedicated their time over many months to make progress.[/size]

If the issue is that players who have been on a break or inactive don't feel that they can "catch up", continue to improve on the wealth-based systems that are in place to help address that issue:

- King's Quest – Consider making the rewards class-based to reduce the grind a bit.
- Boss Drops – Like Cron, consider making the drops class-based so that mages receive mage items and melee receive melee items. You could also explore refining this further so that classes like Warlocks do not get Spirit / Energy staves, as an example.
- Breaking Down Items / Craftable Gear – The mechanics for crafting gear are in-game and having the ability to break down gear into components would allow players to work toward accumulating high-end items slowly, over time.

None of the above suggestions would require an item wipe. All an item wipe would do is hit the reset button, drive the diligent players away, and we'd end up right back here in a year or two.[/quote]

this here is why the option of choosing to play on a seasonal server would be so much better. People go into a seasonal server with the understanding that its not gonna last forever but for 3-4months. so they wont devote their 401k's into viritual items.[/quote]

The option? Sure; but not an option that is forced on the entire player base. If progress is extremely temporary, I'd want to know from the onset before investing the limited free time I have. I'm sure you would, too.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:50 pm

[quote="Rippy"][quote="Thatoneguy"][quote="Rippy"][quote="pfielsticker"]I vote no to an Item wipe. I said last wipe I was fine with it if you fixed your game, but since then you've done nothing to better or expand the game. You've added catch up methods for pulls/weekly dungeons and these things being added has only caused more issues and bugs. I don't think anyone wants to farm the same thing over and over for tomes/gear/ndnts for a 3rd time with no changes done in game SINCE the wipe. We have emailed you bugs to fix for almost a year now and still have yet to see or fix that. Start monitoring and fixing your game instead of just wiping it for us to do all over again.[/quote]

This is the first argument that I've heard that actually makes any sense as to why not wipe and only because he mentions EJ has had a history of not doing the changes necessary.. the rest of y'all random blue accounts just talking about random stuff that is honestly pointless because the game is super unenjoyable right now...

Game still remains plagued with exploited gear that is going to be EXTREMELY unfair for returning players to not have taken advantage of..[/quote]

I
This is exactly what I’m saying is pointless about a wipe.. just worded differently… and if game is unenjoyable a wipe isn’t fixing it.. plain and simple. Without first fixing the issues with the game a wipe would put you right back where you are[/quote]

100% ... Like I said.. the game would require a bunch of changes to go with the wipe... without it.. it is pointless for sure

People seem to really be avoiding the issue about the exploited gear in the game though lol... how is that not being talked about more lol[/quote]

It’s absolutely not being avoided. But the items you’re upset about are coming from a weekly dungeon that a few people that don’t care about being wiped are exploiting. Those plays will get wiped and be back in a few months with the next exploit. The weekly dungeon all in all is fine. The multiple items is a huge issue yes, but on the over all game play is very minor.. it gives you ndnt items. Each player is only allowed to use 4 items. There are only a few ndnt items that have came from weekly that are so end game that only a few are even in game. Oblivion armors being one, there are multiple in game now but yet only a few came from weekly others came from Pravus. Oblivion robes, more still have came from Pravus than weekly. So to say the entire game is in need of a wipe because a few players are exploiting ndnts is just crazy talk. Everyone been asking to either do away tome of advancement or make them more common to devalue them for years. That would do away with the only tradable item from weekly being an issue. The rest of it is mostly in the balancing of classes. Now everyone else that plays other weaker classes have learned the few op classes and learned to play them. You’re really the only player that refuses to try other classes, which is fine advocate for balances of classes not a wipe of items cause you’re unable to catch up.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:56 pm

Game still remains plagued with exploited gear that is going to be EXTREMELY unfair for returning players to not have taken advantage of..[/quote]

I
This is exactly what I’m saying is pointless about a wipe.. just worded differently… and if game is unenjoyable a wipe isn’t fixing it.. plain and simple. Without first fixing the issues with the game a wipe would put you right back where you are[/quote]

People seem to really be avoiding the issue about the exploited gear in the game though lol... how is that not being talked about more lol[/quote]

It’s absolutely not being avoided. But the items you’re upset about are coming from a weekly dungeon that a few people that don’t care about being wiped are exploiting. Those plays will get wiped and be back in a few months with the next exploit. The weekly dungeon all in all is fine. The multiple items is a huge issue yes, but on the over all game play is very minor.. it gives you ndnt items. Each player is only allowed to use 4 items. There are only a few ndnt items that have came from weekly that are so end game that only a few are even in game. Oblivion armors being one, there are multiple in game now but yet only a few came from weekly others came from Pravus. Oblivion robes, more still have came from Pravus than weekly. So to say the entire game is in need of a wipe because a few players are exploiting ndnts is just crazy talk. Everyone been asking to either do away tome of advancement or make them more common to devalue them for years. That would do away with the only tradable item from weekly being an issue. The rest of it is mostly in the balancing of classes. Now everyone else that plays other weaker classes have learned the few op classes and learned to play them. You’re really the only player that refuses to try other classes, which is fine advocate for balances of classes not a wipe of items cause you’re unable to catch up.[/quote]

Except its not a few players... lmao majority of players have utilized that bug.. EJ can check it himself... also I've already dispelled the argument of "its only 4 items what's the big deal???" The big deal is the fact that people who abused that were able to do sh*t that they weren't able to do beforehand at a much faster pace because of the influx of gear... It is 100000% a problem that has ruined this game post wipe..

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:01 pm

The people saying they will quit or a wipe will make players quit Saud the same thing the last 2 wipes and still play.

Ppl just don't want to lose progression which I understand, plus some of them spent lavish $$$ on gear.

Wipes also made the population increase a few months as everyone is on equal footing and it pll live starting g fresh
( reason season's are so popular in most games.

I'd rather see NEW items, NEW quests, NEW dungeons being added and moving forward.

Actually I am 100% for a wipe now. Game needs something new too.

Last edited by Loki on Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:07 pm

Rippy wrote:
Except its not a few players... lmao majority of players have utilized that bug.. EJ can check it himself... also I've already dispelled the argument of "its only 4 items what's the big deal???" The big deal is the fact that people who abused that were able to do sh*t that they weren't able to do beforehand at a much faster pace because of the influx of gear... It is 100000% a problem that has ruined this game post wipe..

I don't think gear is meaningful enough to make that claim. Which items actually have a big affect on your ability to pve past decent gear?
Svos, vex cape? Everything was already very abundant. You could get a super vex armor/robe and save yourself some plat, but those were fairly easy to obtain. Vex cape became easily obtainable pretty quickly. If you have vex/drac gear you don't gain hardly anything in terms of getting oblivion items or more vex stuff. I guess TOA would be the big thing. I'd give soem merit to that. But there were already a lot of level 73s. If the dungeon wasn't handing them out like candy you'd just have the few with them already getting rich instead of everyone having the ability to get one, and compete. Which I'm not convinced is a good thing.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:11 pm

If we are voting I vote no wipe.

We really would just be replaying the same content and the same issues will be there or worse ( warrior mp )

I think we would be way better off adding content and updates
•salvage system
•new area’s to farm / higher level mobs
•new gear tier
•some type of tome quest or challenge
•new quests and update some of the outdated ones

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:16 pm

I'm on the fence with a wipe (and this is as someone with not to much)

But Balancing and Systems in the game need update first no matter what.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:17 pm

I’m not going to continue arguing this, or cranking up the numbers of this topic, but here is my last rebuttal. To say 3 years post wipe is allowing players to farm top dd to fast is crazy. If you truly knew the few players that actively farm top dd on a regular basis you’d be shocked. Even being geared they still are out farm Crons, camrack, monrick, warrior king/ queen. Fervo is farmable without or without all the end game gear relatively cheap. Top dd is the dungeon everyone trying to achieve to hunt and its 3 years post wipe and still most the game isn’t farming it? With all the exploits and cheating your claiming in game one would assume it would be packed full all day everyday. That’s not even remotely close to the case. I can go in top and farm for 30-60min and have the entire place to myself the entire time. So again, a wipe isn’t the saving grace we are all looking for. But perhaps adding the crafting to break down items. OR maybe let’s go a different route and add something from other games that make gear unique. Randomized built-ins, it completely change the outlook of “perfect” gear and add a new sense of excitement when farming grinding for the ultimate load out

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:20 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next