View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 4:22 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Item Wipe Emails - Do you want one? 

A wipe should never be needed in the first place, game should get new items added and new content frequently.

Only reason for me saying yes to a wipe is because I know ^ won't happen and theres too much gear ingame

Removing items, when we actually need more is stupid. And removing stuff that can be fixed doesn't make sense

Last edited by IKEA on Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:14 pm

best part about seasonal server would be ej could test diffrent concepts/themes on it every season

full pvp
Anti pk
Roguelike(die once start over fresh)
no life saving items,
no ndnts
Only ndnts

he could use the seasonal server as a test basis to see what works and doesnt work what players like and dont like

what players crave are new experiences. thats why fresh starts are so inticing.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:17 pm

notthisshitagain wrote:
best part about seasonal server would be ej could test diffrent concepts/themes on it every season

full pvp
Anti pk
Roguelike(die once start over fresh)
no life saving items,
no ndnts
Only ndnts

he could use the seasonal server as a test basis to see what works and doesnt work what players like and dont like

what players crave are new experiences. thats why fresh starts are so inticing.

The game has like 15 active players, this doesn't work...

Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:18 pm

I think someone already hit on what would be the best solution personally, is to add a salvage system to the game that way there is something removing a lot of gear in return for something

what that something is I couldnt tell you as im not seasoned enough to know what would be a good reward system for something like that..

Just need to make it where it isnt exploitable where anyone can just pick up f**king anything en mass to salvage and get something valuable out of it

Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:32 pm

To me... a wipe is similar to this post... look at how fast this filled up. People are obviously waiting for stuff to happen. If Ej were to make good, solid changes to the game post wipe... I just think the product would be much better because you wouldn't question all the BS already in the game.. this game post wipe has honestly just felt illegal and cheesy.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:32 pm

the problem with current ndnt system is

it spits out gear at a pace 100times faster than its found normally ingame
progressing server far faster than it should.

and this is why found items, Weekly dungeon, Tomes, ndnt items

overall are just a bad addition to the game

will it feel bad when its removed? yes maybe abit

will it be better for a prolonged longevity of the game yes it would.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:36 pm

Any of the balancing, tweaks, and adjustments that are needed in game can be achieved the same with or without a wipe. A wipe isn’t something that should be the answer. There are a ton of games that have gotten through glitches and bugs without wipes. But a wipe without 100% correction of the issues we have in game would lead us right back to where we are now. I think leaving the game as is as far gear is doable moving forward. No one gains anything from a wipe besides those that have 12-14hrs a day to play and grind and get way ahead. The weekend warriors such as myself would take years to get back to where we are. It just isn’t worth it.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:55 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:
Any of the balancing, tweaks, and adjustments that are needed in game can be achieved the same with or without a wipe. A wipe isn’t something that should be the answer. There are a ton of games that have gotten through glitches and bugs without wipes. But a wipe without 100% correction of the issues we have in game would lead us right back to where we are now. I think leaving the game as is as far gear is doable moving forward. No one gains anything from a wipe besides those that have 12-14hrs a day to play and grind and get way ahead. The weekend warriors such as myself would take years to get back to where we are. It just isn’t worth it.

This exact same thing is said every wipe and the same dudes stick around lol...

Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:02 pm

yepp. this is the essential cycle

hardcore gamers come back after wipe play reach dominance, get bored quit playing due to lack of competition.

wallet warriors start coming out of the woodworks 6-8months later when you can buy your way ontop

the hard grinders who dont wallet themselves start to feel that to much is requires to keep up with wallet warriors. as a result end up selling out and quitting

waiting for the next eventual reset

this is more or less the life cycle of xenimus as its been since restructure update

Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:10 pm

[quote="Rippy"][quote="Thatoneguy"]Any of the balancing, tweaks, and adjustments that are needed in game can be achieved the same with or without a wipe. A wipe isn’t something that should be the answer. There are a ton of games that have gotten through glitches and bugs without wipes. But a wipe without 100% correction of the issues we have in game would lead us right back to where we are now. I think leaving the game as is as far gear is doable moving forward. No one gains anything from a wipe besides those that have 12-14hrs a day to play and grind and get way ahead. The weekend warriors such as myself would take years to get back to where we are. It just isn’t worth it.[/quote]

This exact same thing is said every wipe and the same dudes stick around lol...[/quote]

What would be the benefit of a wipe without first fixing the problems? As you stated previously you said wipe it than fix it.. makes no sense. There would be a handful of guys back in Vexar gear within a week. And the rest of us left trying to catch up and than game gets a tweak and than it becomes even harder. A wipe isn’t needed. There isn’t ten thousand items running around the game duped like the previous wipes. Yea we are in a state of having to many items. But like previously mentioned, let’s come up with a way to break the items down to usable materials. 95% of the items in cons are items with terrible props and no one wants anyways. But to come back for a week every 3 months like you do, sit at t1 and whine that things aren’t obtainable. Or you can’t farm top, or your class sucks and play victim and advocate for a wipe when 90% of the game is still playing catchup with their characters to be able to pvp, or pve is just crazy to me. Absolutely nothing is solved with a wipe right now at the current state of the game

Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:12 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next